Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest3474

Am I the only one not to get why Backlot and Production Courtyard are spread over two boards, and not with one board each?

There is ample room for Backlot and Production Courtyard without having them sharing.

tubbsy

i know what you mean but its probably because three boards on each side is pleasing to the eye ...  :?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anthony

Ohh, even more digital than the last, isn't it? That still had stick-on names.

Quote from: "Whip"Am I the only one not to get why Backlot and Production Courtyard are spread over two boards, and not with one board each?.
Each space now has room for 4 attractions, and Backlot only has 3 I suppose.

It's good to see they've now put attractions from Toon Studio on the right, Backlot on the left, for example, in the direction you have to walk. A simple thing but it was all messed up before. They should add some digital numbers to correspond with the map... and then in 2013, switch "Toy Story Playland" for plain "Toon Studio" and make use of that spare 4th space at the bottom, right? :)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"More pictures Of TSPL getting better and better... :D

Or in my case, worse and worse. I hate the All Stars and Pop Century for the same reason. Cheap and tacky, and could be in any amusement park around the globe.
since 2001 (many before that)

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"More pictures Of TSPL getting better and better... :D

Or in my case, worse and worse. I hate the All Stars and Pop Century for the same reason. Cheap and tacky, and could be in any amusement park around the globe.

Sooo very true.
Looks like WDS will remain THE WORST Disneypark ever a long time.

pussinboots

^^I agree with you and even I think you're annoying.

DopeyDad

you know, I was going to try to make some kind of sense of the relentless hate hate hate,  suggest that no one has even set foot in the dam place, and maybe...just maybe even TSPL can offer something nice to some people, even if you don't like it, and that doesn't necessarily make them Disney-ignorant and it doesn't mean they have to go to Tokyo DisneySEA either.

I was going to say all those things, but then what's the point. People had their minds made up on page 1 of this topic. Still, I may actually go there on our next visit in Oct, and maybe, who knows!, maybe my children and I will be able to have fun together there.

guest3474

When I had heard the news of TSPL and looked at the concept art, I thought the idea had potential and would benefit the park. However, in the last few days, my opinion on the matter has steeply reversed - this could cause disaster for the park, making it the weakest one out all of them worldwide. Even worse than Hong Kong Disneyland and California Adventure Mk 1, and I even though that the latter wasn't too bad at the start. What's wrong with TSPL you may ask?  
 *The Location
 * The 'variety' of rides
 *The timing -opening it AFTER the film has shown at cinemas, not before or during.

If Disney were to create a Pixar park (which would be a brilliant idea in my opinion), then this would no doubt be a brilliant addition. But it isn't in a separate park, and doesn't fit in with the Studios theme at all - but then again, neither do any post-2007 additions to the studios with the exception of Hollywood Boulevard and the Tower of Terror.

Toy Story Playland worries me greatly. :(

CafeFantasia

On the plus side, the giant Buzz Lightyear figure at Toy Story Playland is a vast improvement over the one they built at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, in 1999. That one has the face of Rosie O'Donnell. Not pretty:

TimmyTimmyTimmy

TSPL will be fun, it will bring more guests to the park and it will be as craptacular as it has looked from the very beginning. There is sooo much love love love for this project that does not compare to most things that Disney can do these days.

Why would travellers flying to far destinations want to sit on standard seats when first class could be offered for the same price on the same flight? What visitors get in WDS is standard. Disney should always or atleast most of the time be first class.

Let´s not compare the studio park with toys in it to DisneySEA. WDS even if compared to DCA looses on all points. Even an empty HKDL is better. Atleast HKDL looks good. But that will also change when the toys will ruin that park aswell.

DopeyDad

no one but you compares TSPL with DisneySEA, thats kind of my point.

kiki_304

Quote from: "DopeyDad"People had their minds made up on page 1 of this topic. Still, I may actually go there on our next visit in Oct, and maybe, who knows!, maybe my children and I will be able to have fun together there.

I was saying to my hubby how ppl are putting TSPL down and hating the concept when my 6 yr old son said " I thought that they would all like TSPL because we can have fun there as a family".

Yes, he is only a 6 year old, but that is the market that DLP seem to be aiming this toward.  Kids see this and parents see how excited the kid is about TSPL and may be more inclined to take a trip to see a modern Disney theme that they have got to know and love through the films and their children.

I for one am looking forward to seeing my boys eyes light up when they see the new area.

davewasbaloo

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney
since 2001 (many before that)

MagicStar

Quote from: "davewasbaloo""You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

=D>

These words say everyting!!!!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

DopeyDad

But it's not about 'aiming only at the kids', that's completely misleading. TSPL is a part of WDS which is only now really getting a more child friendly balance. Over our past 2 visits it gotten better each time with additions like Stitch and Playhouse Live whereas most other attractions were unsuitable for young children. If people are going to keep quoting Walt as if to say 'don't build rides that children will like' then thats very disingenuous and not what he was saying at all. TSPL looks like somewhere that adults and children will be able to enjoy together, you can't do that in many places in WDS yet, and I welcome an addition that will.