Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

DopeyDad

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "DopeyDad"I for one am wondering what the interactive element reported to be in Slinky Zig Zag might be, any ideas folks?
Perhaps you can open or close the "spring" as it moves, rather than it being at random? Like the height toggle on Dumbo or Carpets.

This sounds more like it's part of the queue building than the ride don't you think?

From DLP.info
" Guests can play a game made exclusively for the attraction on the inside of Slinky Dog's packaging box as they wait in the queue." This is the first mentioning of any "game" to entertain guests waiting for any of the attractions at Toy Story Playland. While guests in line for "Soarin'" at EPCOT (in Walt Disney World) are invited to play an interactive game involving projections and the queue lines for the new version of the Dumbo rides supposed to be part of the Fantasyland expansion at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom are supposed to incorporate an interactive experience, Slinky Dog ZigZag Spin would be the first attraction in Disneyland Paris to feature a game to entertain guests while waiting."

TimmyTimmyTimmy

On that latest picture Buzz really does look like a toy. But the bamboo in background looks wierd.

tubbsy

Mmm! Some of its not looking too healthy. Bamboo does fill out once it settles so hopefully it'll improve.
Can I ask a really daft question? Is Slinky Dog really gonna look like the model? I'm just wondering because there doesnt mean many people will able to ride at any one time. Or are there seats in the springs?? Or am I analysing it too much?? :lol:
EEEEK! Cant believe I get to see it for myself 6 days after it opens. I've never gone to the parks so soon after a ride or area has opened :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

peep

^There are seats underneath the springs. The 'springs' will come over as a cover while the ride is in motion as an added effect that most of these attractions of this type have. I'm not sure with this model but there are either 2 or 4 seats under each section of cover.

I wasn't a fan of TSPL at the beginning but now I'm just happy that WDS has some more attractions to help bring in more crowds. TimmyTimmyTimmy, whether you think the actual area is good or not the Toy Story brand (especially with the third film released this month) is very powerful and will draw in the crowds that the park management want to see. Most people don't see all this construction, they see posters saying 'new attractions themed to Toy Story', they love Toy Story which in turn makes them excited about any form of new attraction based around said brand.

I think the main thing to look at is:
-Will families be drawn to the park because of the theme of the new area? Yes, they will be
-Will families go and enjoy the area? I think they will
-Will they care that they can see the parachute drop from the entrance? Yes, it will get them even more hyped and excited to ride it

To us fans being able to see one or two of the attractions from afar over other areas of theming is horrible but to the general guest it's another way of getting them excited about going on the attraction, it draws their attention into the area. I mean, who doesn't get exited about ToT when they see it from outside the park? Yet is it destroying the theme of the entrance area? I don't think so and I doubt other people do.

The only thing that annoys me is that I go next week yet it doesn't open for another month :( I'm very intrigued about Slinky dog having a game in the queueline though, sounds like a good idea.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

DopeyDad

It really isn't that visible from the entrance area, there are probably a couple of spots from outside the gates where you can see RC. It's intrusion from Hollywood Boulevard that will spoil guest experience if it's not later addressed by changing the current facades to cover it. Personally, as the optimist I am, I believe that in time this will get done, and we've already heard that the peeling facades are due for replacement so maybe it will happen then. If not I'd hope that when the Boulevard gets more permanent buildings and not the (lets face it, slightly rubbish) 2D facades used a the moment.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

To be honest I don´t hate the playland. I really think it will fit in well in HKDL as long as they hide it. For some reason I think every Magic Kingdom should have a Toontown or something alike for the youngest. TSPL is better than Toontown when it comes to the rides. But in WDS it just feels odd. But alot of things seme odd in WDS. I do hope they will do a retheming of the entire park some day just like in DCA. DCA is starting to look really good with all new rides and stuff.
The new park map for WDS looks a bit more complete now. Perhaps it is even possible to call the park a full day park now. Even if the park will be better than before it is still the park that needs the most money in the disneypark world. I am sure that imagineers are tinkering with ideas how to improve the place. I am sure the only thing that stands it in imagineers way now is money. Perhaps the money that Toy Story will make for this park can be used to change the whole park a bit after some ten years or so. It´s a bit sad that WDS looks the way it does.

My favorite Paris rides exept pirates and space mountain are in WDS.
The bamboo needs to get thicker fast. It´s not looking great at the moment.
It will be interesting to see what the toys can do for the park. I sure don´t have high expectations. To me an addition like this does not feel like a major thing. Every second gate needs something major since it doesn´t have the Disneyland overlay. People go to Disneyland, not to Walt Disney Studios. WDS is more like a second choice if time is left. Most people in Europe don´t even know that there are two parks.

DopeyDad

:) I think I completely agree with you TimmyTimmyTimmy

As they say, 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating', lets hope the business side of this venture as well as the creative part has gotten it right, and we could see more investment in guest experience.

CafeFantasia

Just thought of something. How will Disneyland Paris stop birds from sitting on the giant Buzz Lightyear and even crapping on him? Have they got some special technique for dealing with that?

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Alan"Just thought of something. How will Disneyland Paris stop birds from sitting on the giant Buzz Lightyear and even crapping on him? Have they got some special technique for dealing with that?
LOL that never even crossed my mind!  :P
Maybe they'll make him talk really loud so that it scares them off?  :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

ed-uk

Has this proved a problem with Walt Disney's statue?
Ed & David

guest3474

QuoteFrom DLP.info
" Guests can play a game made exclusively for the attraction on the inside of Slinky Dog's packaging box as they wait in the queue." This is the first mentioning of any "game" to entertain guests waiting for any of the attractions at Toy Story Playland. While guests in line for "Soarin'" at EPCOT (in Walt Disney World) are invited to play an interactive game involving projections and the queue lines for the new version of the Dumbo rides supposed to be part of the Fantasyland expansion at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom are supposed to incorporate an interactive experience, Slinky Dog ZigZag Spin would be the first attraction in Disneyland Paris to feature a game to entertain guests while waiting."

As yet, I wouldn't get too excited about the interactive game. Imagineers over in Florida were experimenting last month with installing an interactive queueline experince for the Haunted Mansion. It ended up being a wooden board wit a number of riddles asking where you think the ghost's ashes are near the queueline. It ended up being an urn on thhe nearby lawn!  =D>

I do hope there are at least buttons or a form of technology involved in this interactive game though. Maybe the queline quests can activate the springs, or make something happen to the bones in the middle? ;)

CafeFantasia

Quote from: "ed-uk"Has this proved a problem with Walt Disney's statue?

Kind of  :D

Adam

At least it will be slightly harder as Buzz is curved!

15MagicalYears

Just wanted to say that last week when I was in the park they were testing his catchphrases. It was pretty cool, and not too frequent. I heard a radio frequncy effect then "Buzz to star comand, can you read me starcomand" :lol:
Was pretty cool and got the surrounding people excited and talking about Tspl!