Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Perhaps this will be the main show in WDS?:) No need for Fantasmic here!:)

tubbsy

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"Perhaps this will be the main show in WDS?:) No need for Fantasmic here!:)
:lol: Well that would cerainly save a few euros! Saying that I can see a certain lad in my house wanting to stand and listen to ALL the phrases. Oh joy! :roll:  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

ed-uk

Maybe birds in France will be more respectful. Or they could give him an umbrella. That should help.
Ed & David

Scissorsboi

Quote from: "Whip"As yet, I wouldn't get too excited about the interactive game. Imagineers over in Florida were experimenting last month with installing an interactive queueline experince for the Haunted Mansion. It ended up being a wooden board wit a number of riddles asking where you think the ghost's ashes are near the queueline. It ended up being an urn on thhe nearby lawn!  =D>

I do hope there are at least buttons or a form of technology involved in this interactive game though. Maybe the queline quests can activate the springs, or make something happen to the bones in the middle? ;)

The Soarin' queue and now the new Space Mountain (WDW) queue games are actually pretty fun, they're nothing ground breaking, but they help keep the queue entertained. I'd love to see a stationary Toy Story Mania game on the screen with a few of the cannons mounted along the railings, but I doubt that'd happen.

Thinking about Toy Story Mania leads me on to another idea, why haven't they tried to work in one of the Mr Potato Head figures to the area? Imagine removing Buzz as an entrance, having a sort of 'tent' setup across the path, and then on a platform on the left a moving, talking, interacting Mr Potato Head.. that would complete the land! Even now if they put him somewhere in the area in a year or so, it'd be incredibly popular - Chessington put in a talking tree this year and it's proving to be a hit with the guests, imagine what a moving, talking and interacting character could do standing on top of an oversized paper cup, in a clearing amongst the bamboo! I am actually surprised that they didn't consider this..
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

guest3474

QuoteThinking about Toy Story Mania leads me on to another idea, why haven't they tried to work in one of the Mr Potato Head figures to the area?

Maybe he's to arrive in another year.. ;)
Plus there's still the massive Rex to arrive too, which should be interesting.

Festival Disney

Quote from: "SM:M3"Its Rex!

Source: DCP
Rex is already in place  :thumbs:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

tubbsy

It might be the angle but Rex doesnt look as big as I expected. Still its all getting very exciting.
So how many of you guys will make it to soft openings or there in the first week? We'll arrive one week after its opened, so it'll all be old news by the time we get back! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

claire2281

Quote from: "tubbsy"It might be the angle but Rex doesnt look as big as I expected. Still its all getting very exciting.
So how many of you guys will make it to soft openings or there in the first week? We'll arrive one week after its opened, so it'll all be old news by the time we get back! :lol:

Unfortunately me and a friend are going 27th-29th July - just a little bit early. Still, I take a school party there every March, so hopefully it'll be through all its teething problems by then!
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Festival Disney

Some new pics... more of the same really  :idea:

Source: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... htm#697631
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Aurium

I just returned form a 4 day trip to DLRP. It was great, we eventually ended up spending most of our time in WDS!
I didn't see anyone post about it, but when I was there they were testing the RC coaster and slinky dog.

The RC coaster only went up once (one time forward, and once back) every time it went the first day. then the last 3 days it went back and forth 2 times before slowing down quickly in the station every time. They really tested it a lot. The car looks great too. It really did look like they made it to look magnified. it was bright green and really stood out against all the orange. Im almost positive it had four rows of seats and like 5 seats in every row. Plus we saw every day advance on the paintwork of the waiting area for RC coaster. looks really cool with all the beige stone like pattern.
The line is really a nice place to wait! they put up all of these extreme white fences (lego like) with red caution stripes. they hid the lines in the entire area pretty well too.

The slinky dog looked pretty boring to ride on. Like a normal county fair ride... the styling was pretty though. everything looked done in the area, just the finishing touches and testing.

Just thought some people would like to know!  :thumbs:

DopeyDad

Thanks Aurium

tubbsy

Sounding good :D Slinky dog being boring sounds good to me! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

penfold12

I like the idea of them using Bamboo instead of plastic as they did in DHS for the honey I shrunk the Kids play area. However, im hoping they bulk them out at the base.... The tops look fine, but as most of the greenery is at the top, its not so efefctive at the base. And its the base that will be viewed the most seeing as its ground level.

littlemermaid83

The entrance under Buzz doesn't lool very big, or maybe its just how it looks in the photo.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Hey guys!

Toy Story playland has officially been added to the Disneyland Paris website under Toon Studio, heres the link to see it;
//http://parks.disneylandparis.co.uk/walt-disney-studios-park/lots/toon-studio/attractions/toy-story-playland.xhtml

Enjoy :thumbs: