The Enchanted Fireworks

Started by Kristof, March 30, 2008, 10:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathan.jackson

Will it just be the Enchanted Suite or will there be other songs from the film?

DisneyAlba

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I posted here. ;)

I'm so excited about the new fireworks! Personally, I enjoyed the classic firework displays from the past more than Wishes. Also, the Enchanted theme really gets me enthused...

BUT I might not be able to go the DLRP this year (too expensive, too many days off work...). So, am I right to presume that this new display will last for another couple of years?  :? If so, I might just have to wait till next year...
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

burntsienna

Quote from: "Baloo"Oh wow!! They've really surprised me with that brilliant music choice... hopefully other tracks will also be used, the suite is only 4 and half minutes long...

Quote from: "Riebi"Wow! Sounds interesting! Do you also know when the fireworks start? is it from 4. of July everyday or just saturdays and then from 14 every day?
Fireworks and Fantillusion are from 5th July to 31st August, every night as far as I know.

i've read its from the 5th, which im quite excited about because i go on the third and my first day in the part is the 4th so im hoping maybe to see both shows!.

although...
the park is only open till 9.00pm on the 4th (so the disneyland resort paris callender says) so im abit concerned that they wont do the fireworks with it being nearly 2 hours earlier than normal.
does any one know if they will still be shown?
or if it will just be the Fantillusion?
or if anything will be shown?

many questions i know =]
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

never2old

Hi burntsienna!

Summer season only starts on the 5th, so I don't expect you'll either the fireworks nor Fantillusion on the 4th... You'll need to wait one more night for that!

burntsienna

aww thanks.
will be staying late on the 5th deffinately.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MizzRabbit

I'm soo excited about the Enchanted fireworks! I love the soundtrack and can't imagine it being anything but amazing! I'll be going on the 16th of july so I'll probably see a preview on dlrpmagic before I go. :)

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Kristof

Details are now known about the fireworks display!  Christophe Leclercq, show director of the fireworks display, reveals lots of information in an interview posted on DLRP Today.  

In short:

- The Enchanted Suite is slightly altered to fit the fireworks.
- Projections will not feature Disney characters, but patterns.
- 6 Big rear spotlights will be placed behind Sleeping Beauty Castle (similar to the Halloween Soiree '07 fireworks)
- A few new fireworks bombs (still no loud bangs).  
- Candleabration will be performed by Mickey and Minnie on the Castle balcony right before the fireworks.

Read the full interview here:

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/06/ ... -leclercq/

:D

Kris

I'm really excited by all these changes. I personally hope that the show begins with True Love's Kiss and then into the suite. The only thing I seem to be worried about is the quality of the mixing between tracks, however this can always be overcome by the sudden burst of loud fireworks of course.

The lights are ideal... just like HKDL etc. In the interview, he suggests that these are not "searchlights". I hope he just means they are not as strong as searchlights, not that they don't move :( This can really fill in the gaps between fewer fireworks for example.

And so we do get projections after all! I wasn't expecting that to be honest and the ideas do sound good (some possible copies of the same effects in Wishes perhaps). Since they're working with the TOT projectionist, I'm hoping for more movement this time round.

As for the firework arrangements, I've never really known the process before. Have the manufacturers of the fireworks always designed the show or is this a new step? The fanning effect from one side to the other does sound very Wishes from MK however... hardly a new technique. This "cauliflower" effect is puzzling.

It's a really nice idea to change Candleabration to let the show flow on, but does this mean the Just Like We Dreamed It dance will be scrapped so they go straight to the fireworks?

Are M&M on the balcony over the summer to facilitate the new Central Plaza stage expansion?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Japper

I'm really excited about the new fireworks display now! They really have put some energy in it. :) And the search-lights are a great idea! I really can't waith to see it!

Kristof

QuoteThe lights are ideal... just like HKDL etc. In the interview, he suggests that these are not "searchlights". I hope he just means they are not as strong as searchlights, not that they don't move :( This can really fill in the gaps between fewer fireworks for example.

They are the same as during the Halloween Fireworks display last year.  (Fast forward to 5'.10", it's gives a great idea how they will look like).

[dailymotion:1cg1c2om]x3ke6y[/dailymotion:1cg1c2om]

QuoteAnd so we do get projections after all!
Yes, we already talked about the projections many pages ago!  :lol:

QuoteAs for the firework arrangements, I've never really known the process before. Have the manufacturers of the fireworks always designed the show or is this a new step?

The show director designs the fireworks, the fireworks company adapts it.  

QuoteThe fanning effect from one side to the other does sound very Wishes from MK however... hardly a new technique.

He's obviously talking about a new effect for DLRP.

QuoteIt's a really nice idea to change Candleabration to let the show flow on, but does this mean the Just Like We Dreamed It dance will be scrapped so they go straight to the fireworks?

Yeah, I think so!

QuoteAre M&M on the balcony over the summer to facilitate the new Central Plaza stage expansion?

I hope they're removing the stage to clear some space for people to watch the show... I don't think they're going to build the new stage already!

MagicStar

Wow. The searchlights look great! Never seen it before.
Just found on mousekingdom: Mickey and Minnie have gone to make the stage ready for the real ones!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

seanmartina

While looking on youtube for the song enchanted suite, i came across this girl, SHE IS NOT MIMING and looks like giselle (and she aint trying to look like her....) she has got princess magic... someone offer a job in DLRP quick....

i thought it was nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYvuTc0z ... h_response

sorry raptor, Baloo if this seems out of context but i thought it was sort of related to the subject of enchanted fireworks

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "seanmartina"While looking on youtube for the song enchanted suite, i came across this girl, SHE IS NOT MIMING and looks like giselle (and she aint trying to look like her....) she has got princess magic... someone offer a job in DLRP quick....

i thought it was nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYvuTc0z ... h_response
She's great! She kinda looks like Ariel too - two for the price of one hehe! :wink:

\":lamp:\"

Kris

She is amazing, but just where did she find an instrumental version of the music? Is she an American Castmember preparing for a show or something?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

Tests have been conducted the past days and the people (Cast Members) who have seen it are raving about it on Disney Central Plaza.  It seems the fireworks is somewhat louder.  :D