The Enchanted Fireworks

Started by Kristof, March 30, 2008, 10:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

Quote from: "raptor1982"Tests have been conducted the past days and the people (Cast Members) who have seen it are raving about it on Disney Central Plaza.  It seems the fireworks is somewhat louder.  :D

Now that's what makes me smile from ear to ear... I like loud! (There's a story... but there's also a better time & place for it)

This one sounds as though its going to grab visitors by the ears and slap them into awe inspired submission!

burntsienna

i really cant wait to see the show!
im soo excited now!
=]
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

coruscantpt

Quote from: "raptor1982"Tests have been conducted the past days and the people (Cast Members) who have seen it are raving about it on Disney Central Plaza.  It seems the fireworks is somewhat louder.  :D

Hum i've read the same thing also. I think it's great. That was something missing in Wishes. But what about the problems with the noise? The villages next to the park won't get mad about that? Don't they have a law for that?
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Kristof

QuoteBut what about the problems with the noise? The villages next to the park won't get mad about that? Don't they have a law for that?

Yeah, I explained it in another topic, but can't remember where.  There's a court ruling since 1993 in which the fireworks noise is limited to a few days a year for which the mayor have to give his permission (hence why loud bangs are only during special events).

coruscantpt

Yes raptor I remember that. That's why we don't get so big fireworks all the year. But the noise in this fireworks, being louder as everyone is saying, won't cause that problem?
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

Kristof

Well according to the people on DCP, it's a bit edgy.  So if people will complain, the fireworks noise will be reduced.

coruscantpt

Well lets hope not. DLP deserves a good firework display and I think this might be the one.

MagicStar

Will there ever be the possibility to get a new agreement with the villages around?
I mean a major comes and goes :-)
And the Enchanted Firework is a good possibility for Disney to say:
We attrac more guest with it and thats good for the economie of the whole area
 :-k
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

coruscantpt

That would be a very nice idea indeed. But don't know if they will try that. Besides, higher fireworks are expensive and we all know the problems with the money there.

AmericanMouse

Are they still planning Bastille Day fireworks?

Japper

Well... today is the day :D I can't waith to see it!

Kristof

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"Are they still planning Bastille Day fireworks?

Of course, they're using new fireworks this time, although the music will be the same.

Kuzco

There will no doubt be a video of the fireworks soon. I hope I can restrain myself not to look at it before I'm going to see it for myself.  :D
No touchy!

never2old

Quote from: "Kuzco"There will no doubt be a video of the fireworks soon. I hope I can restrain myself not to look at it before I'm going to see it for myself.  :D

I know!!!! I still don't know what to do when a video becomes available, on the one hand I'm really impacient and looking forward to seeing what it's going to be like, on the other I know it will be much better if I wait and see them "live" for the first time... Maybe I'll start watching the video and stop it before the end...

Flounder

Here's a link to a video on YouTube. I shot it last night and it just shows the fireworks, not the complete show around it (that includes a very short version of Candleabration and a short end that's missing here) - watch it, if you like :)

I was very happy about what I saw and even though it's kinda short the wonderful cooperation between music, fireworks and illuminations makes it a real great show. As this video is YouTube compressed it does not really show how beautiful it really was - but it gives you a good impression.  

I am sure some more detailed informaton will be available soon - I am just tired now and send you all the best wishes from Paris :D

Cheers,
Flounder

[Moderator edit: Attached the video below...]

[youtube:1fd45fao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QKmlKkeIRk[/youtube:1fd45fao]