Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

oo o  oo oo oo very exciting - seeing as the bridge took months i guess painting takes less time :-)

Tuvok

Quote from: "Kristof"I got some amazing news today, a refurbishment of the Castle is planned for the Halloween and Christmas season of THIS YEAR.  Looks like Tom Staggs' visit paid off a few months ago!

Very good to hear, Kristof, but this is an extensive refurb during high season. How will this effect the Castle Lighting Ceremony for example? I would presume they wanted to plan such an refurb during low season (january - march for instance).
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

luke85

Fantastic news Kristof! Can't wait to see our beautiful Château in tip-top condition once again :D

montaguewarner

Quote from: "luke85"Fantastic news Kristof! Can't wait to see our beautiful Château in tip-top condition once again :D

How exciting! I cannot wait :D
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

dagobert

Finally!!! The castle desperately needs an refurbishment. Hopefully it isn't just a rumour and the refurbishment is definately coming.

RnRCj

Excellent news! And about time too. :lol:

It'll be interesting to see how they cover it. Hopefully it will also mean getting rid of Tinkerbell forever.

montaguewarner

So how do they do the Castle Refurbs? When was the last one anyway?
Do they do a bit at a time or do they completely destroy pictures for guests for a while and cover it all in scaffolding! I mean its the heart of Disneyland so can they really just not have it on show for guests?!

Could they just do it at night like when they do the xmas lights and the 15th and MMP decorations each year for example!
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

pussinboots

No, they'd probably have to cover it in its entirety... They paint Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom from a crane, but this is probably too big of a job for that.

I hope they remove Tinkerbell as well. I also hope they go back to the original shade of pink. But who knows.

Owain

Quote from: "pussinboots"I also hope they go back to the original shade of pink. But who knows.

Depends if the paint still available  :lol:  as it has been a good 10 years, the 90's since this castle had a full refurb right ?   ;)

mommy2ash

is this planned during halloween and christmas or to be completed by then?

my last trip was when the bridge was being redone and my next will be during halloween. i will be gutted if the castle is covered up, although i do understand that it has to be done.
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

SM:M3

The mania!!!
Seems like what with all the other rehabs going on they really want to get things ready for the 20th :)

Quote from: "montaguewarner"So how do they do the Castle Refurbs? When was the last one anyway?
Do they do a bit at a time or do they completely destroy pictures for guests for a while and cover it all in scaffolding! I mean its the heart of Disneyland so can they really just not have it on show for guests?!

Could they just do it at night like when they do the xmas lights and the 15th and MMP decorations each year for example!
Last time they covered massive chunks of it up, theres a photo knocking around on the forum somewhere, in this thread I think showing the last (and only ;) ) rehab after the 5th anniversary.

littlemermaid83

Ok I'm thrilled the castle is finally getting the refurb it needs, what I don't get is why do this during Halloween and Christmas season?  

I'm not really looking forward to seeing a large peice of cardboard covering the castle during my visit in October....but I'm sure I can moan about that once I get back lol.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Owain"Depends if the paint still available  :lol:  as it has been a good 10 years, the 90's since this castle had a full refurb right ?   ;)

There's a Castorama at Val d'Europe; just take an old sample and they'll match it at the paint mixing department! Or ask for "Rose Saumon Elégante" rather than "Rose Maison de Rêve Barbie."

But it does seem odd to do it during the Christmas season? The illuminated castle has become the center of the holiday celebrations in recent years.

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "mommy2ash"is this planned during halloween and christmas or to be completed by then?

my last trip was when the bridge was being redone and my next will be during halloween. i will be gutted if the castle is covered up, although i do understand that it has to be done.

We went in Jan this year and the castle bridge was being done and we are back at halloween.  I will be gutted too if the castle is covered up  :(  Surely halloween is high season and it would be better to get it done when there are less people in the park  :thumbs:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Kristof

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "Owain"Depends if the paint still available  :lol:  as it has been a good 10 years, the 90's since this castle had a full refurb right ?   ;)

There's a Castorama at Val d'Europe; just take an old sample and they'll match it at the paint mixing department! Or ask for "Rose Saumon Elégante" rather than "Rose Maison de Rêve Barbie."

But it does seem odd to do it during the Christmas season? The illuminated castle has become the center of the holiday celebrations in recent years.

Yep, there's still working that out with entertainment.  Gives you a sense how sudden this decision was.