Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

As promised, here are some higher resolution picture of the Castle without its MMP decorations (only Tinkerbell remains)

Doesn't it look gorgeous??

I can't wait to see pictures with the bridge works finished!

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures!

The castle is sooo beautiful without the ugly decorations. I really, really hope that the castle will stay this way!

And now please remove Tinkerbell, too.

never2old

Yes, I don't see why they keep her there. For Christmas, when they have all the lights, and she lights them all up with the fairy dust, sure, it looks beautiful. But now she's just useless...  Should we start a petition?

This was the Castle back in January 2005....

At least we're getting the bridge back soon. I understand the need for maintenance and all, but I really missed the bridge... The Castle is not complete without it!

dagobert

This is how the castle should look like!! No decoration and no Tinkerbell.

Now they have to clean the castle and refurbish it a little bit. Some parts really need an attention.

never2old

Oh yes. From a distance it looks fine, but if you start looking at it more closely it badly needs some attention. Some of the tiles were looking terrible and some areas need a fresh coat of paint.

Maybe next year, after the NGF, they'll take the time to fix it up a bit?

dagobert

It would be great to see a refurbished castle for the 20th birthday celebrations. The best time for a refurbishment of the castle would be Spring or Fall.

I also recognized that some tiles were looking terrible and especially the back of the castle needs some fresh paint, because there are some stains, maybe it is mold.

Anthony

Quote from: "never2old"Maybe next year, after the NGF, they'll take the time to fix it up a bit?
Gawd, we've been saying this years now! It's getting depressing. "Maybe before the 15th... Maybe after the 15th... Maybe before MMP... Maybe after MMP..." One day it'll be true. Before the 20th? :lol:

How long has it been since the ears disappeared now? A week? I think she's staying...

pussinboots

Well, she's no Epcot wand, but it would still be awful if they actually think Tinkerbell will make a nice permanent addition to the castle. The twirly thing in particular is a bit of a distraction.

Maybe they just kept her because she'll have a role in some upcoming show. And they'll take her down next year. Unless there will be another celebration (and another Character Express, and another hub show...) Gah.

luke85

If she's not gone by the time I go in June, I shall be removing her myself.

never2old

Quote from: "Anthony"How long has it been since the ears disappeared now? A week? I think she's staying...

A bit less than a week... The big Mickey came off last Wednesday, last ears on Thursday.

But I'm with you, she's staying... At least they didn't replace her with Stitch for the NGF  :roll:

Quote from: "luke85"If she's not gone by the time I go in June, I shall be removing her myself.

Pack a big ladder!  :lol:

JelleP

Shouldn't the bridge rehab be complete today?
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

luke85

Quote from: "JelleP"Shouldn't the bridge rehab be complete today?

I was thinking the same thing, does anyone have an update?

HildeKitten

I know that the refurbishments are over now, but these are a couple of refurb photos I took last Weds (the 17th)
Personally I don't mind Tinkerbell so I don't care wether they keep or remove her :)

JelleP

We've such a beautiful Castle... :D
Are the construction walls down already?
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

MagicKenny

et voila!

Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm