Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "dagobert"You are absolutely right. The Entertainment Department should only create shows, maybe they shouldn't even do that...

Best quote of the day... :lol:

EDLI isn't perfect either, but do you remember Its A Small World Celebration a few months ago? Wasn't EDLI responsable for that well executed overlay? It was the highlight of the Christmas season in my opinion.

Kristof

Everything EDLI (or DLP-I nowadays) has to pitch everything they want to change in the park to WDI in Glendale.  They have to approve if the project a) will be done by WDI, b) done by DLP-I, or c) won't happen at all.

QuoteEDLI isn't perfect either, but do you remember Its A Small World Celebration a very months ago? Wasn't EDLI responsable for that well executed overlay? It was the highlight of the Christmas season in my opinion.

Yes, they did the IASW overlay, Belle's Christmas Village, the Disney Village make-over, all the new food kiosks, etc.  Basically all smaller things.

QuoteWhen DLRP gets a new attraction, restaurant or shop is EDLI also involved in creating them or is this just done by WDI in Glendale?

In those cases, WDI has the control over everything, but DLP-I is definitely involved in the project as well, but they're supervised by the Glendale Imagineers.

dagobert

Thanks for the answer Kristof.

Now I have another question: Is DLP-I owned by Euro Disney SCA and supervised by WDI or is it owned by TWDC and leased to Euro Disney SCA?

I couldn't find any information on the Euro Disney SCA homepage.

dagobert

I didn't want to open a new thread so I'm going to post the great news here!!!

The castle decoration IS GONE, except Tinkerbell:

http://img54.yfrog.com/i/st2e.jpg/

I think the picture was taken by "elenasearle"

I've found this picture via the photosmagiques twitter page. It is a new pictures as you can see the castle bridge under refurbishment.

RnRCj

YES!  =D>

Now let's hope Tinkerbell goes too. Is she actually needed for anything at all now? It's really irritating knowing that all the castle decorations have all gone except for this one little bit on top.

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Now let's hope Tinkerbell goes too. Is she actually needed for anything at all now? It's really irritating knowing that all the castle decorations have all gone except for this one little bit on top.
And - I really hope to be proven wrong but - you just know we'll be saying the same this time next year.

never2old

Quote from: "dagobert"I didn't want to open a new thread so I'm going to post the great news here!!!

The castle decoration IS GONE, except Tinkerbell:

http://img54.yfrog.com/i/st2e.jpg/

I think the picture was taken by "elenasearle"

I've found this picture via the photosmagiques twitter page. It is a new pictures as you can see the castle bridge under refurbishment.

That's me  :D

Tuesday the horrible huge Mickey was still there. Wednesday, GONE!! And yesterday ALL the decorations were gone. I will post some more (better) pictures soon, that was taken with the phone so not the best quality...

smurfy74

the castle looks really nice in your photo and pinker than i remember have they given it a wash :-)

never2old

It looked brighter than on previous trips... But it also could have been the sunshine, hadn't seen blue skies like that for some time!!

Magic M

Any new news on when the bridge will re-open?

Kristof

Quote from: "Magic M"Any new news on when the bridge will re-open?

It's mentioned by Anthony a few posts back :wink:  

The refurb is scheduled to finish on March 19th (this friday!)  :)

Tuvok

It will re-open on March 19th (this friday).
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

marksbananas

Quote from: "Tuvok"

It will re-open on March 19th (this friday).

Couldn't of been timed better we are off on monday so really cant wait!! Excellent news
First trip was totally magical cant wait for return

Anthony

This Saturday. :)

Quote from: "Anthony"Scheduled to end Friday 19th March, if anyone missed the news. :)

Magic M

That's awesome news.  I'll be there on March 22nd so I'll be able to take pictures of the castle with neither naff decorations or white hoardings!