Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

Ooh it looks very nice, brand spanking new!

CafeFantasia

Thumbs up. Good work Disneyland Paris construction dudes :-)

Kristof

Fences are still up, I saw people from DLP-I checking some details and workers were adding touches of paint to the lamppost.  I expect the fences to go down tonight or so.  :D

JelleP

It looks like new! It's time for the castle now..?  [-o<
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Magic M

Just got back today.  The bridge looks beautiful but the end of it still has the hoardings up.  Not sure when it will fully open.

dlrpkris

It's certainly looking very fresh and clean now!
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

marksbananas

I came back yesterday and the bridge is fully open, as of friday the 26th it was all down and fully open and it looks wicked. We had a lovely time and cant wait to go back.
First trip was totally magical cant wait for return

Kristof

Here's a photo from this weekend:

They also worked on the lights behind the large stained glass window as the individual colours stood out really well.

More photos here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9004

Tuvok

Oh my! Our castle looks gorgeous! Great photo's.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

pussinboots

It looks great, especially the new lighting behind the window, but the "real stone" thing is a little confusing to me. Yes it will retain its color, but won't it be aged and distressed as usual? It looks a little new now.

smurfy74

give the Parisien weather 12 months and im sure it will be aged well ;-)

Javey74

Wow, that is a magnificent restoration, a brilliant view of the Bridge and Castle, especially with the Castle back to it's original form, long may it continue. If you could apply restoration as good as that around the park, it'll all look like the day it opened..  =D>

Willow

The bridge is looking great, but its clashing with the castle a bit.

The Castle would look fantastic if it was cleaned and had a fresh coat of paint alongside the newely refurbished bridge.

Riebi

Wonderful to see the bridge again in this condition.  =D> Also you can now clearly see the diffrence of a refurbed bridge and a not refurbed castle.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

I got some amazing news today, a refurbishment of the Castle is planned for the Halloween and Christmas season of THIS YEAR.  Looks like Tom Staggs' visit paid off a few months ago!