Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "Kristof"Yep, there's still working that out with entertainment.  Gives you a sense how sudden this decision was.

I'm not an expert on buildings, but with a camera with a big zoom you can see that the top of the castle is really in a bad condition.

Construction should start sooner than later. I'm very sorry for the people who are going to visit DLRP and are not going to see the castle.

coruscantpt

Finally some great news for our castle :D Sure will get a wonderfull look after
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

never2old

Wonderful news!!

Though it is very surprising they're doing this during the busy Halloween and Christmas seasons... Unless they finish just in time for the Christmas week? Because otherwise you're going to have a lot of people who paid a lot of money to spend Christmas in Disneyland Paris, only to have no Castle??

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing the final result!!

ZINDERELLA

It's my Mum's first ever trip to DLP and I can't believe she won't be able to see the castle. This is so sad, I do understand it need doing, but why not do it in Jan / Feb.?????
2007 Halloween- Santa Fe
2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay
2010 Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
2010 Xmas - Newport Bay (the one we won!)
2012 May 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge
2013 July - Magic Circus
2017 Magic Circus

coruscantpt

Well I'm going to DLP during Halloween and Christmas so maybe i'll not going to see the castle in both visits but prefer to have it back in all its glory
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Malin

Halloween and Christmas is the perfect time to start a refurbishment on the Castle. Guest visiting during this season will be so pre occupied with all the seasonal offerings that loosing the Castle will not make much of a difference. And if anyone is really that bothered at the thought of not seeing the Castle on display, than you can always come back again once the refurbishment is completed.

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Kristof"I got some amazing news today, a refurbishment of the Castle is planned for the Halloween and Christmas season of THIS YEAR.  Looks like Tom Staggs' visit paid off a few months ago!

Hey Kristof,
Are the refurbishments going to start on the 3rd of october? or on another date, and is this conifrmed please? Hope they start the referbishments after the 10th of october after I leave DLRP so I can enjoy our magical disney castle during my DLRP visit  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  + during my visit im managed to persuea 6 family members to come with me, and i dont want them dissapointed seeing the castle covered on there 1st visit.:/

ICHAPMAN

Quote from: "Tuvok"
Quote from: "Kristof"I got some amazing news today, a refurbishment of the Castle is planned for the Halloween and Christmas season of THIS YEAR.  Looks like Tom Staggs' visit paid off a few months ago!

Very good to hear, Kristof, but this is an extensive refurb during high season. How will this effect the Castle Lighting Ceremony for example? I would presume they wanted to plan such an refurb during low season (january - march for instance).

I suppose it all depends on how they tackle it.   Obviously any refurb work on the castle will never happen at a good time, but given the way that historically the castle has played during during the Christmas season this would initally seem like very bad timing.

However, just a wonder - could they deal with the front of the castle (Main Street) during Halloween, and then move to the back of the Castle (Fantasyland) during Christmas.  Obviously there will still be periods of 'disappointment' for the audience, but as the focus at Christmas tends to be the front of the Castle, the lighting cermony etc, could almost continue as normal.

However, that would still leave unaddressed issues for Entertainment as to the use of the front of the Castle for Projection during the various ticketed Halloween Parties.

DopeyDad

so how will they tackle the weather? Wet and cold won't make any exterior work easy, or will it be somehow covered?

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"
Quote from: "Tuvok"

Very good to hear, Kristof, but this is an extensive refurb during high season. How will this effect the Castle Lighting Ceremony for example? I would presume they wanted to plan such an refurb during low season (january - march for instance).

I suppose it all depends on how they tackle it.   Obviously any refurb work on the castle will never happen at a good time, but given the way that historically the castle has played during during the Christmas season this would initally seem like very bad timing.

However, just a wonder - could they deal with the front of the castle (Main Street) during Halloween, and then move to the back of the Castle (Fantasyland) during Christmas.  Obviously there will still be periods of 'disappointment' for the audience, but as the focus at Christmas tends to be the front of the Castle, the lighting cermony etc, could almost continue as normal.

However, that would still leave unaddressed issues for Entertainment as to the use of the front of the Castle for Projection during the various ticketed Halloween Parties.

Totally agree here,gd point bro. :thumbs:  How are they going to tackle the Halloween Soriee or mickeys not so scary halloween party with the castle covered? If this happened I think DLRP will lose alot of customers during those periods... :cry: And is this confirmed for sure yet? Cause I don't think it is from my side of the story... [-o<

Riebi

I think for halloween it could be cool to have a covered castle. Why not make a theme out of it? For the refurb over christmas: Last time they do this job step by step. I clearly know that last time they refurbed the castle about a long time period. I was there over the summer season and you haven´t seen one fence or else. But the castle tower had another color then the rest of the castle (the new pink one). And some other parts of it was also done. So it isn´t that hard and ugly to renovate the castle. They know how to do it with less holiday damage.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Riebi"I think for halloween it could be cool to have a covered castle. Why not make a theme out of it? For the refurb over christmas: Last time they do this job step by step. I clearly know that last time they refurbed the castle about a long time period. I was there over the summer season and you haven´t seen one fence or else. But the castle tower had another color then the rest of the castle (the new pink one). And some other parts of it was also done. So it isn´t that hard and ugly to renovate the castle. They know how to do it with less holiday damage.

gd to hear thanks 4 the info :D/

Martyn

Lol, another refurb! Its good an all, but I feel for the guests that are visting with construction walls around EVERY corner!

gailytennant

HOW COOL???? We are going to Disneyland at EXACTLY the same time!!! Spooky in more ways than 1! Anyway what this about the castle being rehab'd? I hope it not completely covered - that would be soooo disappointing! Anyway Im still counting the days til my trip! Taking my nephew to the Mickeys not-so-scary Halloween party but cant find much info about it.... Did anyone go last year and let me know what to expect??? Thanks xxx

DopeyDad

Try this, and other topics here for last years party

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7408&p=144562&hilit=mnsshp#p144562