Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuvok

To me, the most logical period would be january - september, but will this rehab take up to 9 months? Are they going to take the whole castle down and built a brand new one, or what? If it takes that long they sure mean to refurb the whole castle AREA too, right? So that includes the Royal Castle Stage and stuff?
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Nicolai"Hmm, there are now two different dates rumoured over at DCP:

"Phobos" claims the castle will be renovated from January to September 2011 -> SOURCE

"American-Boy" claims that the rehab will be from October 4, 2010 and end on 1st July 2011 -> SOURCE

Both are probably saying the truth, so it all depends which one has the more accurate source it seems.

Also interesting: American-Boy also says the castle will not have the ice palace lights this Christmas because of the rehab and "in spring 2011 BTM will be cleaned and there will be a cover painting for the most damaged rocks".

I think Phobos would be more correct on the rehab date as 1-it makes more sense to rehab during unbusy times + rehabing the castle during popular seasons will ruin the castle and make the park less magical.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Disney_tinker on Twitter has email confirmation from guest communications and the dates have been confirmed as "4th Oct-1st July 2011".

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Nicolai"Disney_tinker on Twitter has email confirmation from guest communications and the dates have been confirmed as "4th Oct-1st July 2011".

I would'nt count on someone from twitter bro, we shall find out from the official disneyland paris sites official closure and referbishment page.. :?  Lets hope they start form Jan  [-o<

15MagicalYears

I would think it would be October - July as they would want it to finished for the busy summer season, right?

scampbunny

friend emailed disney and just had it confirmed as oct 4th to july 2011 - so american boy is lookin to be correct!!

am sure she will update on here later....

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights  June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "scampbunny"friend emailed disney and just had it confirmed as oct 4th to july 2011 - so american boy is lookin to be correct!!

am sure she will update on here later....

Hope hes wrong [-o<  lol
I tried emailing disneyland paris but its saying that we cant reply to your quiery at this moment in time.

scampbunny

shes hopin to get sum info about the lightin ceremony, but must admit im gutted bout it.... we havent been for 1 1/2 yrs and this was gonna be a surprise trip, and our last for a while (due to kids ages/school) and for oldests birthday - so wanted it to be special......  and he loves the castle  :cry:

u go just before us (14th oct)... guess we can always hope they are late in startin the refurb???

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights  June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "scampbunny"shes hopin to get sum info about the lightin ceremony, but must admit im gutted bout it.... we havent been for 1 1/2 yrs and this was gonna be a surprise trip, and our last for a while (due to kids ages/school) and for oldests birthday - so wanted it to be special......  and he loves the castle  :cry:

u go just before us (14th oct)... guess we can always hope they are late in startin the refurb???

Yeah, ill be heading to disneyland on the 5th, but I still don't get why they are referbishing the castle during halloween and christmas! In my opinion I still do belive they won't referbish the castle now as it doesn't make sense to do so especially when the castle is going to be used a lot on the 31st of october and during christmas, who would want to watch a halloween soiree show with a covered castle? :?  Does anyone have the emal of disneyland paris so I can send them an email too please? + Is it possible the castle will take from october to july to referbish?

stacey-claire

I hope they dont refurb the castle over christmas, one of the things that i am most looking forward to when i go in december is the castle looking all pretty with the lights, seems a bit of an odd time to do a refurb, from what ive read halloween and christmas are really busy times, i just hope its the january 2011-september 2011 dates when it happens xx  :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: stacey-claireI hope they dont refurb the castle over christmas, one of the things that i am most looking forward to when i go in december is the castle looking all pretty with the lights, seems a bit of an odd time to do a refurb, from what ive read halloween and christmas are really busy times, i just hope its the january 2011-september 2011 dates when it happens xx  :belle:

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! :D  :thumbs: Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Hilary

Well, whilst appreciating the need for any part of the Park to be refurbished, will be disappointed it this affects the Christmas lights - was really looking forward to trying my new camera out on it!

Still, if it is the case, I'd rather know now, and have plenty of time to get over the disappointment before my trip in November.  Plus it gives me an excuse to go back next Christmas!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "fray101"Well, whilst appreciating the need for any part of the Park to be refurbished, will be disappointed it this affects the Christmas lights - was really looking forward to trying my new camera out on it!

Still, if it is the case, I'd rather know now, and have plenty of time to get over the disappointment before my trip in November.  Plus it gives me an excuse to go back next Christmas!

Well I appriciate the castle getting refurbished too! I just don't want them to do it during halloween and xmas season!A lot of people are going to get dissapointed :(

Hilary

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"
Quote from: "fray101"Well, whilst appreciating the need for any part of the Park to be refurbished, will be disappointed it this affects the Christmas lights - was really looking forward to trying my new camera out on it!

Well I appriciate the castle getting refurbished too! I just don't want them to do it during halloween and xmas season!A lot of people are going to get dissapointed :(

Oh, I know - and it still seems a strange time to do it.   I'll be one of those disappointed people too - and I can't imagine how disappointing it would be for people making their first visit to the Park, and not being able to see the Castle properly, or indeed at all.

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "fray101"
Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"

Oh, I know - and it still seems a strange time to do it.   I'll be one of those disappointed people too - and I can't imagine how disappointing it would be for people making their first visit to the Park, and not being able to see the Castle properly, or indeed at all.

For me im not really going to be that dissapointed to be honest.. as I have been to Disneyland for 8 times (9 this october), but the most disapointing is that im bringing 7 family members to disneyland for their 1st time!They are going to be abit dissapointed... :x  But not all hope is lost, as according to DCP for halloween and xmas they are saying that they are  going to refurbish the rear(meaning the back of the castle) so that they won't lose the magic of the castle during the seasons...HOPE THIS IS TRUE AS IT WOULD LIGHT MY DISSAPOINTMENT UP AND RUNNING AGAIN! [-o<