Disneyland Park's Christmas Season 2007

Started by Kristof, June 29, 2007, 11:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

Hey, thank you so much for the detailled descriptions :)!!

@ miss disney fan: Oh, so Fantillusion wasn't that good? Was it different to the summer shows? I've never seen Fantillusion before so I don't know what it looks like ;)!
And Mickey's Winter Wonderland sounds so great, I also saw the pictures on dlrpmagic and I really, really hope that it'll run also during next year's Christmas Season  [-o<

@ kaysha: Wow, thank you for the great picture of the Minnie show, it looks lovely - and Minnie is one of my favourite Characters at DLRP :)!

@ jazzluvva: Oh, that's great to hear that you haven't encountered bad weather cancellations - that's what I'm most afraid of! When I look at the pics f.e. of photosmagiques, everything looks so amazing with this blue sky. But when I look out of the window, then I think we had no day in December without rain here in Germany :(!
Wow, the meet&greet point with Belle and/or Beast sounds so great!! Where is it placed? And she had also different outfits? Cool :)! Do you have any pics of/with her?
And you're right, the Auberge Dining is also much too expensive for me. We met the princesses (Belle) in September this year, but maybe it's replaced by Belle&Beast during the Christmas Season?!

Aw, you made me so curious now, I can't believe it lasts one year till I can come back to DLRP and enjoy my first Christmas Season there ;)! I hope that all the wonderful shows & extras you described will be there next year, too :)!
I'm afraid that I'll book "too early" and then later in the year they say "Big Thunder Mountain" or one of my other favourites will be closed   :?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

miss disney fan

Quote from: "Nala_84"@ miss disney fan: Oh, so Fantillusion wasn't that good? Was it different to the summer shows? I've never seen Fantillusion before so I don't know what it looks like ;)!

Fantillusion is usually great, well worth to watch so i dont know if they had some sort of a problem as the one and only show stop was really really long so i dont know if something had happen then  :roll: , never been over the summer only for christmas so i cant help you there  :(

kaysha

Quotenala_84:I'm afraid that I'll book "too early" and then later in the year they say "Big Thunder Mountain" or one of my other favourites will be closed

If you go there in december, it is the most crowded period for the park, so there is no risk or very few that they plan a rehabilitation(for this year only space mountain from 11 to 13 december), they do it in november or january.

I will go there for my first disneyland christmas the 22 december  :D  , I'll tell you my experience!

miss disney fan

i went in december two or three years ago, it was the second week into the month and it was as quiet as the november the year before  :?

kaysha

Maybe, but it has changed since the 15th anniversary, all the weekends are blackout (very rare) and the castmembers are forbidden to make enter their relatives.
You can check  the waiting time for attractions Link
For example Grandmath from DCP said:
"Aujourd'hui samedi 8 décembre, malgré le temps pourri le Resort était blindé!! Déjà les bouchons dès la sortie 14 à 10h ça le fait moyen...

puis aux Studios j'ai pu relever à 11h:

Crush: 100 min puis 80/85 toute la journée
Cars: 60 min (!!)
RRC: 40 min (!!)
Tram Tour: 25 min"

Of course in the beginning of december it is more quiet the week since the school holidays have not started.
Whatever it doesn't change the fact that there are few rehab at this period of the year.

MSW

I'm so excited!

I'm not going to Disneyland this time with christmas,
But a lot of presents! I love decorations and stuff,
I already get the 'Christmas Spirit' a little bit.
Although it's still about over 18 days before christmas,
But I really am excited!

I already have our tree, in house, with the
christmas Belle + Lumiere ornament in front :D

Bye!

mousy.be

What are the times of the Minnie Jolly Holiday show?? Are the show only in the morning like the Halloween show?
Greetings from
mousy.be

Kristof

The last performance is at 13.45h

You can check for the schedule on the official DLRP site where you can download the current programme.

kaysha

Hello!

Scrooge from Disney Magic Interactive forum, informs us that the Christmas village in the central place of the parks entrance is openned.
There is a lot of food, chocolate, hot red wine, french specialities with cheese "raclette, tartiflette" etc.

//http://www.disneymagicinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=45335#45335

Riebi

are this star arches new?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Nala_84

Wow, is that new or did it already exist during the last Christmas Seasons? Looks and sounds great :)
But I guess this will only be opened during the few days around christmas?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Sly_Racoon

Yes its there every year, well it has been the last two years i have been at Christmas.
Its really nice and they always have loads of yummy food and quite often some nice things to buy for Christmas Presents.

kaysha

Sorry, for your questions, I clearly don't know!
The star arches project snowflakes on the floor at night  =D>
I think the christmas village will be there until January 6th.

If you want more photos (from kyoto DMI)
Christmas village
//http://kyotodmi.free.fr/DLRP%2015122007/village%20noel/
Belle's village
//http://kyotodmi.free.fr/DLRP%2015122007/village%20belle/

Merry christmas!!

Flounder

So around which date do they usually start with the christmas village? Looks great - I was in Paris several times during christmas season in the past 15 years but never saw it.

Anthony

The Christmas market runs mid-December to... I'm not sure, maybe 6th January?

This is the third year it's been on the resort hub rather than in Disney Village, and although it's still a bit of a crappy thing to have to walk through on the way to the parks - WOW they have massively improved it over last year, when all the huts were painted cheap colours. This is much nicer and more traditional. The arches frame DLH nicely too, which always looks very lonely in the distance as you walk along the avenue there.