Toon Studio placemaking

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Well now sections of coaster track seem to be arriving :D

Nala_84

Wow, it's so exciting ;) Do you know/think whether the coaster track will be installed first or the hall instead?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

I personally believe the coaster track will be installed first, after all that's how most indoor roller coasters are created.  It also is more cost effective and can't forget it's very good publicity for the park if the guests can see a coaster being constructed :wink: .  So I stick by it's gonna be the coaster first then building after.

Anthony

Wow!  Look at this big container truck at the back of Toon Studios:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=547

Lots and lots of lovely track!  Let's hope some of it goes up this weekend! :D

Kristof

The first track pieces are now on place!

Anthony

It's great to see some of the track in place!  :D

They were working on foundations over on the far side of the site this morning, as well as getting ready to start some new walls at the front, it seemed.

The Butlin Boy

Construction update:

Kristof

The text at the bottom/right of that drawing says:

QuoteThis part will be modified by Imagineering and Söhne for the dark-ride extension.

This is also an interesting rendering, showing the future track that will be put on those pilars.

The Butlin Boy

Anthony

Wow, it's moved fast in two days!  :o

Looks very tall too, I really hope the building isn't too visible from Frontierland...

Nala_84

Wow, will it really be that tall??? Oh no, and I am such a "Angsthase" (you don't say "fear rabbit", do you? *g*)

Is it true that you can see the ToT from the Disneyland Park? That would take away a lot of illusions :(

Have they already started with the Cars-Attraction?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Tower of Terror is visible from inside BTM, and when you're standing at the entrance of Fantasyland and I spotted it from the Space Mountain queue.

The Butlin Boy

RnRCj

Ooooo. . . Can't wait until some more track is in place.  :roll:

I'm starting to get excited. . .

Anthony

It's interesting that the "coaster" section of the ride is actually a temporary design - it's held together by the criss-crossing steel at the bottom and isn't actually "stuck down" into the ground with conrete footers like RNRC was.  I guess that's because this part of it is a simple off-the-shelf design, so they didn't want to pay more to get Maurer Sohne to turn it into a fully custom design.

I have to say, the Imagineers designing this ride are very clever.  The Maurer Sohne spinning coasters are pretty cheap to start with, and then they've used an off-the-shelf (yet exciting) design for the coaster section, which will save even more money.  They just add themeing over the top and voila - an awesome Disney ride, I hope!  They did exactly the same with RNRC though - take an off-the-shelf design and turn it into a hugely popular Disney ride with a bit of themeing.  Vekoma and Maurer Sohne are obviously better at designing coasters too, whilst Imagineering can do great dark rides, so it's a perfect mix.

I can't wait to see that lift hill in place - I think that's when we'll fully realise how big this is!  When you see the construction site with a worker stood in the middle, it's incredible - it's so much bigger than you first think!  :o