The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinder

I have always thought the current ToT location was brilliant and I still do.  Sure you can see the tower from miles away, but the view you get when you are walking out of Studio 1 and have this huge creepy hotel lurking over you is just amazing.

Anthony

Quote from: "javey74"As for that comment, I thought you already did, someone told me your salary was just a couple a pound short of Richard Bransons  :lol:  :lol:

What did they used to call you.......that was it "Billionaire Baloo"  :lol:  :lol:
Haha, I should be expecting quite a jackpot with the amount of good word I spread for DLRP on here (unless we're talking Disney Village or Halloween...).

Unfortunately, the cheque bounced... :(  :lol:

I don't mind if people do hate the location of the Tower, don't worry. Feel free to criticise all you like. I'd just hate for it to spoil our/their excitement of this thing *finally* opening in Paris.

But going back pages and pages to the video RNRCj posted - wow! Another great reason to have the Tower at the centre, that constant movement from the elevators dropping, just like Crush brings Toon Studio to life. (That's another few Euro cents on my paycheque...)

Is it testing like this frequently now?

Kristof

I also want to point out that thanks to the location where it's build, we'll have an excellent view on the Disneyland Hotel & Space Mountain when the doors open.  Much better than the CM car park at Disney-MGM if you ask me.  :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Screamscape are reporting that TOT may soft-open on the 8th of December and officially open on the 22nd:

Quote(10/1/07) Screamscape sources tell us that the Paris version of Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror is expected to be open on December 22nd, with the soft opening planned to begin sometime around December 8th. We've been told that testing has already begun.

:arrow: Link

Raptor? :wink:

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "raptor1982"I also want to point out that thanks to the location where it's build, we'll have an excellent view on the Disneyland Hotel & Space Mountain when the doors open.  Much better than the CM car park at Disney-MGM if you ask me.  :lol:

To tell the truth Raptor when I went on the MGM one I didnt care what I saw... My reaction was more -

Arg! Bright light, blind, oh god here it comes! *drop*

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Kristof

I didn't either the first 5 times, but then I started to notice the details (and flaws).  :)

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "raptor1982"I didn't either the first 5 times, but then I started to notice the details (and flaws).  :)

Haha! I was too excited by the fact I had the courage to go on it! To tell the truth I didnt even realise the view was of a car park  :-k

But if the view was that bad I am glad I didnt notice it all 9 times I went on it  :D

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

The Butlin Boy

Disneytheque have reported that TOT tested its lighting effects on the 1st of October:

Owain

:o  Looks Great !

Could this mean a later closing time for WDS Park ? :)

RnRCj

That's funny - I was about to ask if anyone knew of any pictures of the Tower at night :lol: :P

It looks great! Especially with all the construction stuff gone :D

peep

:o  OMG, that looks amazing at night! I hope there are effects too. Does anyone know if "The Hollywood Tower Hotel" sign lights up or anything?

I'm getting really excited about this now, hmm, I might try and push for a very late 2007/early 2008 trip now :p
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "peep":o  OMG, that looks amazing at night! I hope there are effects too. Does anyone know if "The Hollywood Tower Hotel" sign lights up or anything?

I'm getting really excited about this now, hmm, I might try and push for a very late 2007/early 2008 trip now :p

The sign will indeed light up, it's just not complete at the moment
since 2001 (many before that)

Bopshop

I do hope it is open for 22 December - I'm there from 28th!  Does anyone know if there will likely be an AP event for it?

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Screamscape are reporting that TOT may soft-open on the 8th of December and officially open on the 22nd:

Quote(10/1/07) Screamscape sources tell us that the Paris version of Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror is expected to be open on December 22nd, with the soft opening planned to begin sometime around December 8th. We've been told that testing has already begun.

Does anyone know any more about this? My Uncle is going to DLRP on 22nd December, and he wants to know if TOT  will be open :wink:

Japper

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Screamscape are reporting that TOT may soft-open on the 8th of December and officially open on the 22nd:

Does anyone know any more about this? My Uncle is going to DLRP on 22nd December, and he wants to know if TOT  will be open :wink:

Well , there is a pin event from the tower of terror on that date. So I guess it's open. Someone from a dutch forum says that the pin event includes some extra ride time at the ToT and a meal!