The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "Fever"Here's an interesting-if perhaps, slightly violent animation of the Tower in WDW

http://www.serviceelevator.com/11thfloor.htm :shock:

I've seen that before :) I laughed when he started shooting the ghosts :lol:

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Fever"Here's an interesting-if perhaps, slightly violent animation of the Tower in WDW

http://www.serviceelevator.com/11thfloor.htm :shock:

I've seen that before :) I laughed when he started shooting the ghosts :lol:

That made me laugh too, though the ghost freaked me out a little! very Matrix/MiB looking!!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

RnRCj

Pretty much all the scaffolding is now gone! :o :D

Source: guiguidlrp at Disney Central Plaza

Owain

:o  OMG ! It looks amazing !  :D

RnRCj

I expect we'll see the "Hotel" part of the sign turned over now the construction stuff is out of the way :wink: :)

Atlantica

Oh my gosh, isnt it fansatic?!

Its so exciting waitng for this ride to open! I Cant wait to see it in real life, after watching the whole construction process  :D

Grandmath

Painting seems a bit odd sometimes... look above the exit/shop, it turns almost suddenly from yellow to brown  :?: Doesn't look completely finished.

Owain

Quote from: "Grandmath"Painting seems a bit odd sometimes... look above the exit/shop, it turns almost suddenly from yellow to brown  :?: Doesn't look completely finished.
I agree

The Butlin Boy

Yeah, there is still scaffolding at the bottom so they probably haven't finished that bit yet, but the rest looks awesome :)

anthony2k6

Quote from: "RnRCj"I expect we'll see the "Hotel" part of the sign turned over now the construction stuff is out of the way :wink: :)

seems they're purposely leaving that till nearly last (few more weeks yet!)as a little sign of how close to completion they are.

Nicholas-c

:D :D :D :D :D getting closer ever so fast now !
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Nath

Have to say it looks beautiful. Love the fresh paint job and with all of the scafholding out of the way, it looks like a beautiful new/destroyed hotel! :P

PetiteSirene

I am looking forward to seeing the inside themeing when its done!

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Javey74

[Photo Courtesy of Breeno]

Before I start I don't mean to knock Tower or Terror, I think it will be absolutely fantastic when it is completed and standing in front of it, it will look awesome.  

But looking at this photograph from the studios entrance, for some reason it began to concern me, about how tall it looks from the main entrance to the studios.

I don't personally think it's in the right location, since the entrance to the Studio's is already nicely balanced with the Studio buildings and the Mickey water tank to the left as it always has been. Then all of a sudden there is this massive irregular sandstone building with lightening burns standing there like a sore thumb between them, moving your attention to it, rather than the Studio's entrance.

I think, personally so your attention is not drawn straight to it as you head towards the entrance of the Studios, it should have been built further back, don't you think, to take the height emphasis away.

It's a bit like putting SB Castle just behind the Main Park entrance, so instead of looking at the wonderful Disneyland Hotel above with the Mickey clock, your attention would be drawn to the Castle first.

The Main Park entrance is spot on, you meet with wonder, go through, head into the square, past the bandstand, then comes Main Street, with a distant sight of what it leads to, then to arrive there, so spectacular.  I get the uncanny feeling with TOT that it's a case of too much too soon.

The main thing what I cannot get my head around is, that when the construction phase plans where drawn up years ago, the height of the building was not taken into consideration, and if it was, what were they thinking.  I always say every ride has its place to give awe and wonder, colour and spectacle.

But as far as the TOT location.....??????   What do you think?

:roll:  :?:

Japper

Yeah , the location could have been better. But since we know this for almost 3 years now during the building this subject has been discussed many times!

I heard that this location for the tower was planned from the start. When the Theatre District is complete with the Hollywood Boulevard , we will see how good (or bad) it fits!