The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSW

Wow!
I know you've all watched the new photos, but take a look at the wonderful details carved in the front building!

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... C07757.JPG

MSW~

Anthony

Quote from: "MSW"Wow!
I know you've all watched the new photos, but take a look at the wonderful details carved in the front building!
http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... C07757.JPG
This part of Hollywood Boulevard placemaking. :wink:

Grumpphil

I thought the Tower wouldn't be open when we were there for Christmas so I wouldn't have to think about whether to go on or not but now it is goingto be open I have to decide if I'm going to chicken out or not.

How scary is it?  I don't like drops on rollercoasters but they are going forwards - I presume going straight down is different? 8-[

Also does anyone know what the height limit is?  Even though DD is now 11 she still isn't tall enough to go on Indy or Space Mountain so I may have to sit this one out with her.

PetiteSirene

I went on the one in MGM Florida and I was really scared at first. But it really isnt that bad, at points it feels like your floating.

And yes it is a very different feel to a drop on a rollercoaster. I would say give it a shot. Even if you hate it seeing the special effects on the ride are definatly worth it, and at least you can tell people you went on it :D

I was really shaking when I first went on but I never regretted forcing myself to go on :D

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Anthony

Quote from: "Grumpphil"Also does anyone know what the height limit is?  Even though DD is now 11 she still isn't tall enough to go on Indy or Space Mountain so I may have to sit this one out with her.
Height limit is 1.02m as noted on the first page. Quite a bit less than Space, so no excuses unfortunately. :wink:

ightenhill

ride it usually six times in a row in florida in the morning..great for the digestion :).. you have to ride this its the ultimate in theming and ride that disney have put together (even if we have the lessser version)
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Quite an impressive shot here:

:arrow: http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arrnuitkd2.jpg

Taken by NeMo on DCP

Soap

Very impressive indeed! But maybe a little bit too much light effect?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Grumpphil

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Grumpphil"Also does anyone know what the height limit is?  Even though DD is now 11 she still isn't tall enough to go on Indy or Space Mountain so I may have to sit this one out with her.
Height limit is 1.02m as noted on the first page. Quite a bit less than Space, so no excuses unfortunately. :wink:

Sorry Baloo.  There are 57 pages so haven't read them all but I suppose I should have looked at the first page :oops:

You have all convinced me that I ought to try it and since DD is tall enough to go on then I will probably have to.

pjulie75

My husband and twins who will be nearly 5 will be visting next Easter.  We can't wait to go on ride, but can't with the kids.  One of my girls went on Big Thunder Mountain about 20 times, held her hands in the air and had a great time, she was only 4, so she is quite brave.  Do you think TOT too scary for her :wink: ?  I have been on the ride in Florida but can't remember it the people on ride were alot older.

PetiteSirene

At first I wouldnt go on the one in Florida, but after seeing little 8 year olds running off the ride wanting to go again I decided that I had to go on to save embarassment  :lol:

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

RnRCj

I saw a few very young children on TOT in Florida :wink:  I remember one boy who was tricked on to it by his dad, who said that the elevator would take them to their rooms :P It was quite funny when we boarded and he realised it wasn't a normal elevator ride :lol: The boy did enjoy it though.

PetiteSirene

I hope the staff are just as outgoing as the staff in Florida. They really got into character. After the first time I went on one of the staff who I had told earlier that I wasnt going on saw me, when she saw our photo and that we were at the back she took us back through the exit and told one of the staff to let us back through.
The Bellboy looked and me and said in a really creepy voice. 'Did you leave something in your room? It happens all the time... Here let me summon a lift for you...' It was great!
I think that this really is one of the rides where the staff do make a difference!

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia

RnRCj

Look at this great photo!

//http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1qcxpS

Posted by neauneau at Disney Central Plaza

tubbsy

Spooky! And really cool!

Sam