The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mansion Staff

my goodness its gotten so big!
when do you think the facade will be done?
well we all cant come and go by BUBBLE!

be careful, or Ill drop a house on you.

Sigton

Maarten

At the forum of //http://www.towerofterror.org someone mentioned that there are currently a few French/European castmembers over at Disney's California Adventure. They are training at their Tower of Terror attraction to become future bellhops at our Tower of Terror at the Walt Disney Studios.  8)

Soap

Quote from: "Maarten"At the forum of //http://www.towerofterror.org someone mentioned that there are currently a few French/European castmembers over at Disney's California Adventure. They are training at their Tower of Terror attraction to become future bellhops at our Tower of Terror at the Walt Disney Studios.  8)

Pffff.....someone gotta do it ey  :P  Some jobs get such great extras!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Owain

Japper

The purple is coming!

Source: A tripreport from stefan on  dlrpfans.be

Owain

OMG ! Japper that is major and great news. Im hoping the Hollywood Tower Hotel Sign will soon apper on the building ! .  :D

[EDIT] I dont no if it is me but has the 2nd dome recieved its plaster or concrete as now no framework is visible ?

-breeno-

Wow  :o .  Brillant picture there Japper thanks for sharing us with it  :D.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

bikemonkey

I apologise if this has been asked before but my computer cant search threads without crashing!

I read on the re-imagineering blog that the Paris ToT is based on the DLC version, not the WDW version.  They thought this was bad as the WDW version is better.  What are the main differences?

Anthony

QuoteThe original version of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror opened at Disney-MGM Studios on 22nd July 1994 as part of the massive 'Sunset Boulevard' expansion of the park. Unlike the Paris, California and Tokyo Towers (which all share the same basic ride design), this version features two pairs of drop shafts (rather than three single shafts), separate load and unload points and a unique horizontal movement between the "up" shaft and the "down" shaft, known as the 'Fifth Dimension Room'. In designing the Paris/California Tower, the Imagineers were pushed to create a Tower with higher throughput (and more affordable budget), and so removed this element as they believed it was never as successful as they had originally hoped.
from the WDS Fans guide.

More detailed info can probably be found at http://www.towerofterror.org

bikemonkey

That's a shame - I hope it doesn't detract from the ride too much.

Kristof

I believe Grandmath posted his prefered "ToT cocktail" on DCP as follow:

- The Tokyo preshow
- The DCA ride through
- The Florida drop profile

I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.  :wink:

bikemonkey

so he thinks the ride (pre-drop) at DCA is the best?  That's encouraging.  In my opinion, the ToT at MGM studios (only one I've been on) owes something like 40% of the experience to the ride through, 40% to the drop itself and the remaining 20% to the atmosphere (including pre-ride show).

RnRCj

WOW!!! Japper, thanks so much for posting that picture! I'm so excited!

:D  :shock:  :D  :shock:  :D  :shock:  :D

Masamune

:oops: I don't know how I'm gonna bring myself to go on this ride. *Has a fear of elevators* :o I'm sure I'll manage though. It'll most likely be the one at WDW, since we're going there next year and not DLRP.

:) The building itself looks amazing. o_o; Is the whole building gonna be purple though?