The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjulie75

I've have been on this ride in WDW and it is amazing.  It is so fast and you lose your tummy!  I am delighted to see it being built at DLRP as it is just with the Studios needs, some more thrill rides.  The funniest thing is that when you walk passed you hear everyone screaming, it is fab.  The only thing I wonder is why it takes soooooo long, we were there last year and they were building too?? :minnie:

Owain

Is Tower of Terror's Height restriction only  1.02  :o . I though it would be around the same as Rock n Roller Coaster.  :)

Owain

Its nice to see plaster on the metal framing by the openings of the lift shafts as seen in photo magiques photo and joels photo below.  :)

Does anyone no why there is boards over the side balconys ?

//http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20070529/

RnRCj

I wonder when we'll start seeing pics of the inside :?

Owain

Quote from: "RnRCj"I wonder when we'll start seeing pics of the inside :?

Or the Hollywood Tower Hotel Sign ?

As a member said before;

QuoteSigton, Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007, I think they will be in place in about 1 or 2 weeks.

SkySurfer

I really really hope the tower will work!!! I hope the tower will have the Space Mountain effect.
But I think, it could be difficult. For those, who don´t what the tower is it is nothing special. I only can speak for germany. I just showed the official visuals one of my friends and he said: "hmmm - looks a copy of the Mystery Castle at Phantasialand"!
I was shocked!
But he is just a "normal" visitor.
What do you think? Will the tower hype the studios?

Thomas

Patrick

Erm when it opens :wink: , I never understand people's obsessions with seeing backstage photos.

Also as for effect I'm sure here in the UK it will have a good effect, people love the Florida Tower and is known a lot, so should work.

-breeno-

Quote from: "Owain"Does anyone no why there is boards over the side balconys ?

Good question my guess is that the they're still working on the balconys or something like that, i'm not to sure.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Owain

Quote from: "SkySurfer"I really really hope the tower will work!!! I hope the tower will have the Space Mountain effect.
But I think, it could be difficult. For those, who don´t what the tower is it is nothing special. I only can speak for germany. I just showed the official visuals one of my friends and he said: "hmmm - looks a copy of the Mystery Castle at Phantasialand"!
I was shocked!
But he is just a "normal" visitor.
What do you think? Will the tower hype the studios?

Thomas

Yes most people go for the standing-out rides like Space Mountain etc. And plus here in the U.K many people have been to the Florida Resort or at least have seen photos of it and will want to go on that ride and now this ride has come to paris alot closer than florida. Expecially with the advertisements baloo posted in DLRP Today, Tower of Terror will be a huge boost for the studios.  :)

The Advertisement is just so amazing and it makes you want to go there now, especially when you see the paris castle which makes it stand out that the european resort has one now and ovibously the sign saying "At Disneyland Resort Paris". :P

//http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/images/2007/06/01-towerkeyvisual-01.jpg

RnRCj

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"

Erm when it opens :wink: , I never understand people's obsessions with seeing backstage photos.

Well I've managed to keep away from looking at backstage photos of Crush's Coaster :lol: Anyway, I know roughly what it's going to look like inside, so it's not exactly going to be a surprise to me.

Soap

Quote from: "Owain"//http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/images/2007/06/01-towerkeyvisual-01.jpg

Hmmm....those fonts look like the Harry Potter movie fonts?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Nicholas-c

i dont think most parts of it are actually designed for guests to go on (or staff even) so the boards on the balconies are possibly there so workmen dont fall off because they are installing rails :p
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"i dont think most parts of it are actually designed for guests to go on (or staff even) so the boards on the balconies are possibly there so workmen dont fall off because they are installing rails :p

If you want to reply to a subject that's a few posts away, you should use the "Quotes" function, so it's more clear what you're talking about.

Owain

From Dlrp.fr;

Nice to see the work on the steel frames.

Nice view of the hotel

More work on the bottom dome tower.

Some balconys have been added to the left side of the tower.

RnRCj

Nice to see all these details being added :)