The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "Masamune":oops: I don't know how I'm gonna bring myself to go on this ride. *Has a fear of elevators* :o I'm sure I'll manage though. It'll most likely be the one at WDW, since we're going there next year and not DLRP.

:) The building itself looks amazing. o_o; Is the whole building gonna be purple though?

It won't all be purple :P Take a look at the picture in the first post of this topic - That's what it will look like :)

Owain

Masamune

:lol: Is the purple a base colour then? *Confused by the purple*

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Masamune":lol: Is the purple a base colour then? *Confused by the purple*

The purple is a part of the ethereal residue left over from when the elevator shafts disappeared that mysterious Halloween night so many years ago.  If you are unfamiliar with ToT, hopefully the preshow in the library should reveal all (I am intrigued with how the language issues will be handled.
since 2001 (many before that)

bikemonkey

I imagine they'd do it like HISTA andArmageddon - a main screen and several translation screens.  
I think that simply playing it in one language, presumably French, would lose the attraction a lot of it's ambience - for most of the visitors the whole story would be lost and the expensive theming would seem a little over the top.  
Although I love Phantom Manor, it loses a lot by only having a French pre-show audio track.  (incidentally, has anyone heard the original Vincent Price version on doombuggies.com - such a shame they axed it)

Soap

Quote from: "bikemonkey"I imagine they'd do it like HISTA andArmageddon - a main screen and several translation screens.  
I think that simply playing it in one language, presumably French, would lose the attraction a lot of it's ambience - for most of the visitors the whole story would be lost and the expensive theming would seem a little over the top.  
Although I love Phantom Manor, it loses a lot by only having a French pre-show audio track.  (incidentally, has anyone heard the original Vincent Price version on doombuggies.com - such a shame they axed it)

Indeed a great pity that they don't include an english version for the foreigners :( just because English is a world spoken language and French is not..
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

What would be good is if they had a French Library and an English Library (there are two in the US versions) and you could queue for your language.  Then if it is a major holiday time, they could do English when the UK, Holland, Germany, Spain etc are off, or French on French only holidays.

The alternative could be a new preshow with a french news reporter explaining the back story and Rod Serling doing his bits in English.  It will be interesting to see how they manage this one.
since 2001 (many before that)

Kristof

It has been said before that the introduction in both libraries will be either French or English spoken, but each will have subtiles in the other language.  French spoken will have English subtitles and English spoken will have French subtitles.  

Subtitles are very common in most European countries.  And when someone activates the closed caption at the Disney-MGM Studios version, you can see subtitles on the screen as well.  (But in an aweful font).

Of course, as you probably all know, things tent to change fast, so things might have changed in the mean time.

bikemonkey

QuoteThe alternative could be a new preshow with a french news reporter explaining the back story and Rod Serling doing his bits in English. It will be interesting to see how they manage this one.

great idea - I was a little concerned that the introduction of extra screens show you its really a ride.  Although everyone knows it's a ride, the beauty of the MGM version is that the story is impenetrable.

Imagine riding for your first time with no idea what was to happen.  It would be like you were in the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

Kristof

Just remember that in an interview not so long ago an Imagineer explained that they had to find a French impersonator of the English impersonator.

bikemonkey

QuoteJust remember that in an interview not so long ago an Imagineer explained that they had to find a French impersonator of the English impersonator.

the Rod Serling impersonator?  Surely Rod Serling in France was dubbed and never sounded like him or he was subtitled and spoke in English anyway.  If they're just after someone who looks like Rod Serling then why not use the original impersonator?  I'm puzzled!

It would seem to rule out their having the news report in French and the Rod bit in English too.

Do you have a link to the interview you're talking about?

Kristof

Quotethe Rod Serling impersonator? Surely Rod Serling in France was dubbed and never sounded like him or he was subtitled and spoke in English anyway.

I got myself confused there.  You're right.  They were looking for an impersonator of the French voice over.  Sorry.  :)

MSW

But why purple?
Because if I look at the California Adventures' Tower it looks more blue than purple. Maybe it's making it more 'Jule Vern'-ish? :?

MSW

Owain

Our Tower will look just like DCA;

It Doesnt matter if it looks to purple because its ovbiously not finished, theyve only just started painting it. You can hardly discredit it yet !.

garydaddy1

I'm wondering, will TOT have the 3D segment like the one in Orlando where the elevator car actually leaves the shaft it has just assended, glide across the room and reattach to the shaft for the drop? That is a great aspect of the Tower in Florida. Anyone know?