The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tron 2.0

There is brief horizontal movement in this version as well, but it's at the beginning and end of the ride when you move from the loading area into the drop chamber.

It is not, however, like the horizontal movement in Florida's version, used as a show device.

--Mark
3 ... 6 ... 9 ... Seconds Of Light ...

RnRCj

I was watching the "Behind-the-Scenes" video on //http://www.disneyland15.com and one of the imagineers was talking about the opening of Toon Studios. After this he mentioned that a little bit later in the year Tower of Terror would be opening.

Does this mean it will be opening this year for sure?

I think Disney have rough opening date planned but they are still waiting to be sure it will be that date.

Anthony

Tower of Terror will officially open in January 2008. Definite. Confirmed.

He probably says "a little later in the year" because he wants to leave it vague - if he says "2008" people will immediately hold-off from visiting until then.  They need to be really careful about ToT, too much exposure now could kill the main 15th events.

jortlaban

two months later than officialy confirmed earlier, but what is two months in a person's life... LOL....

Can't Wait!!!
Shareholder TWDC & EDASCA

Whoknew?

and a little later in the video a text is displayed "january 2008", contradiction in one video  :P. I hope that this year will be the best in dlrp's history but i've also postponed my visit to dlrp till may 2008 'cause of ToT  :oops:

jortlaban

According to DLRP.fr the testing of the elevetors has begun...

it seems that when you're near ToT you can hear the scream-less "swooshes" clearly
Shareholder TWDC & EDASCA

Kristof

Yes, Grandmath posted last week on Disney Central Plaza that testing has begun, but that the doors won't open  yet.

RnRCj

Wow! That's very exciting news! :D

That's made my day for sure!

RnRCj

Could our Tower Of Terror be more detailed than DCA's?

Our TOT:

DCA's TOT:

What do you think? :lol:

Riebi

Maybe because our TOT has more park-sides :?:
I like the add. designs.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

La Roquine reports on Disney Central Plaza that more signs announcing ToT have been put on the construction fences surrounding the building!

speedpacket

Quote from: "Riebi"Maybe because our TOT has more park-sides :?:
I like the add. designs.
Well to be honest, in general I think that DLRP has the best architecture of all parks really (except perhaps disney sea...)
I haven't been to other parks yet, so I'm probably going to have a lot of people bashing me about this, but just look and comparethe pictures of US parks and the French one...

Space Mountain is such a beautiful building -> compare that to the ugly white building in the other parks...

Look at the park map from the top, and compare that to the other magic kingdoms.  Sometimes I think that Disney learned from their mistakes in the other resorts and made it al right in DLRP lol.
I only hope that one day the bug american way will loosen up a little, and not keep all the great premieres for the American parks first ;)  i would love to see something entirely NEW in Paris.

And honestly, considering that the UK is probably their number one target market, and that many british people do travel to the US a lot more than let's say us tiny Belgians, I think that to promote the Paris park to the UK visitors, it would be a great idea to open up something entirely new here in stead of having copied versions :)

Anyway - back on topic!
The tower looks more incredible every time I see it...  I'm really looking forward to the shareholder previews already :o)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Anthony

Quote from: "speedpacket"I only hope that one day the bug american way will loosen up a little, and not keep all the great premieres for the American parks first ;)  i would love to see something entirely NEW in Paris.

And honestly, considering that the UK is probably their number one target market, and that many british people do travel to the US a lot more than let's say us tiny Belgians, I think that to promote the Paris park to the UK visitors, it would be a great idea to open up something entirely new here in stead of having copied versions :)
Umm... Crush's Coaster!  Cars Race Rally!  And Armageddon, Animaique, CinéMagique, AODA (to an extent), TV Tour, Studio 1, Moteurs (before it was cloned)... Only 3 things in WDS can be found elsewhere, and 2 of them (STT and RNRC) are totally different in Paris. :D

We're already very very lucky.  Compare this to DCA, which seems like a dumping ground for cloned attractions.

For ToT, it will still be quite different to what a lot of UK people have seen over in Florida.  When they designed our ToT they made it not only fit our studios but give it a unique style different to WDW's.  Of course, it's essentially the same ride... I see your point...  but a 2.5hr Eurostar journey is much better than a flight to Orlando.

But hey, it hasn't opened yet!  Look at the differences between our RNRC and that in Florida, for example... :wink:

penfold12

Has there been any further confirmation as regards the theme storyline? Are we getting the Twilight Zone theme with Rod Sterling, or the fire story, or the film set story line? Cant help feeling that the "trapped due to a fire" storyline, is very un Disney

Anthony

I have no idea what they're up to now! :lol:

One thing I have noticed, though, is that they're still definitely calling it "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" (for example on disneyland15.com).  So The Twilight Zone should still be in there somewhere...

Unfortunately we probably won't know more until around July, when the Autumn/Winter brochures and season details are prepared, phase 2 of the anniversary year.