The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebatman_1

ok these are from yesterday, sorry didnt put them up last night
oh some great news buzz lightyear is back, this time in park 2, with woody and jessie, im so excited because ive been begging to play him again but now i can!!

The Butlin Boy

Dlrp.fr has some exciting pictures from this weekend, the most interesting being the opening and closing elevator doors of the front of the building!

:arrow: Link

Anthony

Thanks for all these updates. :)  Are the elevator doors opening and closing on their own then, fully operational? (I can't be bothered to read the dlrp.fr article, lol)  They certainly sneaked them in there quick...

It looks lonely without the crane, and I'm afraid that work starting on the weathering and ageing already causes me to ask, for the millionth time in the topic: is this the final colour? :lol:

I think I could end up preferring it to the DCA version if it is.  I think a very pale yellow is more true Hollywood than DCA's very deep, orange yellow, and it mixes well with the green domes.  But I suppose we'll have to wait and see...

Nath

I've never actually been on any of the TOT's but I was just wondering, how many lift shafts will this actual model have?

Anthony

Three.

You can find out lots more known facts near the bottom of this page: http://www.photosmagiques.com/wdsfans/g ... terror.php

ChipChap

Hey everybody!

I have some great news about the opening date of the ToT!
A friend of mine talked to me today and he watched the previous TV Show of the "Disney Filmparade" ( a small german tv show made at DLRP)

They made a flahback what happened 2006 and what will happen in 2007.
They officially said, that the tower will open in 2007!!

So there are two possibilities:
1. This is totally right and the Tower will open 2007
2. They got wrong information  :(

I hope that this is true ;)
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

Anthony

Option 2.  It depends when the programme was made... they probably just guessed the date.  I know my dad was surprised when I said it doesn't open till 2008.  It's come a long way but there's still so far to go.

Kristof

Grandmath posted on DCP that the ToT will be accompanied by a whole bunch of cool Hollywood-style trees and plants.  Also, large fake palm trees will be added to help the forced perspective (they can't use the real versions of this specific palm tree due to the Parisian weather).   :D

Kristof

Some photos we got this weekend:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/tot_construction  :D

Owain

Hey does anybody no what colour shade the whole tower will be when its finished ageing ?

Will it be as Dark as Walt Disney Worlds Tower of Terror ?

Anthony

Quote from: "Owain"Will it be as Dark as Walt Disney Worlds Tower of Terror ?
Considering we're getting the California version, probably not...  :roll:

Owain

Whats the Difference Between the California and MGM tower ?

Kristof

That question is not to the point for the Paris Tower of Terror discussion.  Try to look on wikipedia or http://www.serviceelevator.com/

Kristof

http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ienvi3.jpg

The Imagineer in this article refers to the Tower's story as follow:

QuoteIn 1939 the hotel got struck by lighting.  There was a fire on the 13th floor causing a family to be missing.

I don't recall that there was a fire anywhere in the building??  Do you think we're getting a slightly different story, or maybe the guy got confused?

What do you think?

Anthony

Hmm.  Well right away I'd say he just got confused or something, we've never seen or heard of a fire in any other texts or concepts.

On the other hand, WDS sure does like a bit of fire - Catastrophe Canyon, Reign of Fire, Armageddon, Moteurs - so it wouldn't surprise me if they threw in a new effect (either real or faux like LOTLK).  But I can't see that story happening - a family disappears because of a fire in a hotel? That's not very nice.  Unless The Twilight Zone saved them from the flames, it's pretty grim!

Btw - thanks for all those photos showing ToT from a distance!  We're you driving around there anyway or was it purely for research? :)  The one from Meaux is amazing, I never would have thought you could see it from there.  Also, on the one from behind RNRC, don't you think WDS has a lot of really cool visual icons now?  They each have their own colours and style and are just immediately recognisable (more so than most other Disney attractions) - even things like the Armageddon building.