The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfold12

I hope so. But always thought the language barrier may be an issue with the Rod Sterling section...

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"La Roquine reports on Disney Central Plaza that more signs announcing ToT have been put on the construction fences surrounding the building!

Yep, it's true:

Source: Magny-seb on DCP

Anthony

Wow, way to go DLRP!  It's so good to see they "get" the Tower of Terror... the theme, the style, etc, and they're using it in the advertising.  I think we can expect one hell of an ad campaign when this opens now!

And think also of the thousands/millions of guests who'll see that cool teaser this year, and return in 2008... :o

Kristof

That's the best looking construction fence in the history of construction fences  :lol:

Anthony

Our park really is at the pinnacle of construction fences, isn't it? :lol:

Kristof

Apparently there are also a few signs in both French and English that explain the ride's back story!

penfold12

What are they saying? Is it the original back story, or the fire?

Soap

Quote from: "raptor1982"That's the best looking construction fence in the history of construction fences  :lol:

Whahahhaha  :lol:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

mehdi5

I just saw more pics of the wall at dlrp.fr there is no story with fire it's the same Twillight Zone story.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"Apparently there are also a few signs in both French and English that explain the ride's back story!

Quote from: "mehdi5"I just saw more pics of the wall at dlrp.fr there is no story with fire it's the same Twillight Zone story.

:wink:

Source: Dlrp.fr

Patrick

I still am interested, after all they are generic type storylines used in both wdw and dlr version.  If they add an extra bit to the story they may still be working on it or as dlrp seem to do a lot, surprise people with it when the ride opens.  Also just to let you know it says SOMETHING, not exactly what happened on that faitful night in 1939 :wink: .

Anthony

Forgive me for sounding like a bad sitcom, but - What's happening, where is this, and what has happened to the Disneyland Resort Paris we know??!

Those signs are perfect.  And I love they added in the "something", rather than telling the whole story... even though I know the attraction inside out, and even if there's nothing different, I'm suddenly 200x more excited.

Seriously... =D> It's really so good to see they're enjoying the theme of the attraction already.  When it opens, I think we can expect a really good campaign rather than "come ride this scary scary scary thrill ride!" like SM:M2.

I was thinking... wouldn't it be cool if the red carpet returns for commercials next year, as the 2nd part of the 15th, but this time leads through Hollywood Boulevard to the door of ToT?

speedpacket

Quote from: "Baloo"I was thinking... wouldn't it be cool if the red carpet returns for commercials next year, as the 2nd part of the 15th, but this time leads through Hollywood Boulevard to the door of ToT?
No - that wouldn't be cool.  that would just be PERFECT :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Maarten

Finally the "Hollywood, 1939" signs appeared. I'm glad they didn't screw it up because now it will give the guests a good, professional feel over the future attraction. I like it very much.

Quote from: "Baloo"Forgive me for sounding like a bad sitcom, but - What's happening, where is this, and what has happened to the Disneyland Resort Paris we know??! Those signs are perfect.

Thats because these same kind of signs and pics were used at Disney's California Adventure aswell. These designs were taken from the US parks, otherwise if DLRP would have made them, I wouldn't be so sure about the quality.  :wink:

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy" :wink:

Source: Dlrp.fr

i really like the TOT picture on the right and the sign looks so mch better compared to this boaring epcot one:

i meen this has to be the most boaring of the lot :D
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012