The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnd331

I've never had the English pre-show in Paris, but I can live with it. And for some reason, I never got assigned to the left library (that one leads to the upper level) by a Cast Member, I had to "sneak" in to it :)

I lost count how many times I've visited ToT in Paris, but I know how many times I got the English version of the ride: twice.

That's also the amount of times I got a private ride, just two of us on the whole ride. They sometimes do this if it isn't too busy and you arrive late at the "t-split" (where they delegate you to one of the elevators).

If they're running on full capacity, they have 3 shafts and 3 loading platforms/elevator doors on two levels. I think they should dedicate one of the elevators on every level for English and the others for French. The narration of this ride is really priceless, it makes quite some difference if you understand what's happening.

dagobert

We had the ride only once in English and that happened in 2008. The pre-show was also only once in English, but I'm fine with the subtitles and the movie shows everything you need to know.

smurfy74

the tours are now available to book , ive had this from DLP ( im an AP holder )
QuoteDétenteurs Passeport Annuel, découvrez en avant-première le tout nouveau tour guidé de la Tour de la Terreur, un Saut dans la Quatrième Dimension(1) !

Pour seulement 12€, faîtes un saut dans la 4ème Dimension !
Grâce à ce tour guidé, découvrez l'attraction autrement! Vous connaîtrez toute son histoire et ses moindre détails. Puis, profitez de cette visite pour faire le grand saut en montant à bord de l'ascenseur de service!
Les Tours Guidés "Tour de la Terreur" seront proposés tous les samedis, sur réservation uniquement, dans la limite de 10 personnes et selon disponibilité du service (pour toutes informations, réservations et disponibilités des langues, merci de vous adresser à Relations Visiteurs / Guest Relations au +33 1 64 74 21 26 ou sur place à City Hall ou Studio Services).
Pour participer à la visite, vous devez être en possession d'un billet d'entrée au Parc ou de votre Passeport Annuel.
Les visites débuteront à partir du 03 avril 2010, à 9h10 devant le bureau de « Relations Visiteurs » du parc Walt Disney Studios ® afin de permettre aux participants du tour d'accéder à l'attraction avant l'ouverture du parc et d'avoir une vue exclusive du Lobby.
A la fin du tour, pour faire l'attraction, les enfants devront faire la taille minimale requise. Si l'enfant ne peut faire l'attraction, il devra rester sous la responsabilité d'un adulte.
Prix : 12€ par adulte, gratuit pour les enfants de moins de 12 ans accompagnés par un adulte.

My french is ok but basically its €12 and limited to 10 people and there seems the option that there will be different languages on offer and its only going to be on Saturdays.  Shame as we never visit the parks on a Saturday as they are too busy. Hopefully someone on here will go on one and tell us what its like  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<

toritinker

Hey, I am new to this as I was googling the Tour available for this ride and this forum popped up!!
I'm not going until August but I really want to do the tour!! Especially as you get to ride after and are in the park for the opening :)

However, my partner and I only speak basic-tourist French and am unsure if this tour will be suitable!
Has anyone been on it? Or got any insights into it?

Thanks xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

pink_danio

Love this ride. My first time doing it was in the states going back about 10 plus years!!! (wow doesnt seem that long ago)
Myself and my 5yr old son went on the tot in dlp last week and both really enjoyed it. I cant rememeber what language the pre-show was in :)
I know the cm there was great though and spoke in french and english. He played the part really really well and was walking yup to people staring them in the face. My little lad thought he was great :)

toritinker

Hi all...
I used the email address given (thank you for that!!!) and emailed Disney. They immediatly responded and I have booked the tour for 28th August (9.10-10am) It's mainly becasuse we get to ride the tower first (so no queuing woooooooo!!) I know it's in French, but hoping to get by on my tourist French and it will be interesting enough to see the tower from a different angle anyway :)

eeeekkkk excited!!!

xx :o
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

Sulley

I have only been on this ride once, and I was sick for 3 days afterwards,I'm still scarred of lifts now because of it lol.

I'm a big wuss!

tubbsy

Quote from: "Sulley"I have only been on this ride once, and I was sick for 3 days afterwards,I'm still scarred of lifts now because of it lol.

I'm a big wuss!
AH! My ride soulmate! :lol: The thought of my kids saying they want to ride this gives me sweaty palms! I cant even do the little Jumping Bean ride at Paultons Park in Hampshire-which children aged 7 and over can ride unaccopmanied! :shock:
Seriously tho', I get where you're coming from.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "tubbsy"
Quote from: "Sulley"I have only been on this ride once, and I was sick for 3 days afterwards,I'm still scarred of lifts now because of it lol.

I'm a big wuss!
AH! My ride soulmate! :lol: The thought of my kids saying they want to ride this gives me sweaty palms! I cant even do the little Jumping Bean ride at Paultons Park in Hampshire-which children aged 7 and over can ride unaccopmanied! :shock:
Seriously tho', I get where you're coming from.
So do I :oops:  Every time we go Dylan asks to go on it and luckily there has been really long queues :-"
I am dreading the day we go and there is nobody queing :cry:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Sulley

My other half wants to go on it this time when we go on our honeymoon, says it can't be that bad after all the moaning I did last time walking around the park.

The hardest part was the all you can eat buffet in the hotel and only being able to eat like 2 chips lol.

fly_with_me_dumbo

just a little over a month till i go now, and im so so so excited to go on this ride granted i will pap myself, but im also very excited. I've never done what you would call thrill/big rides ever . I cant wait to find out what its like for myself :D

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"just a little over a month till i go now, and im so so so excited to go on this ride granted i will pap myself, but im also very excited. I've never done what you would call thrill/big rides ever . I cant wait to find out what its like for myself :D

Hehe gd luck to your then :D Trust me, you shall enjoy it soooo badly hehe :twisted: Thrill rides are like the best! Especiallly ToT..mwahahahaha :roll:  looooool got too carried away their...sorry :oops:

stacey-claire

The TOT rocks, i so cannot wait to go on it again, even my little brother who is a bit of a whimp loves it, just wondering about the tour, how much is it, i would rather like to do it xx  :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

fly_with_me_dumbo

im soooo excited gonna HAVE to buy the on ride photo for it :D think im gonna go on it straight after crushs coaster as im gonan get there when the park opens and rush there. Think i'll also fast pass it too ;)

Martyn

I dont think the actual ride part is all that good. Over too quickly in my opinion. But the queue, and everything leading upto it is amazing, and well worth it.