The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I just wanted to let you know that the German Themepark Testing Team (Freizeitpark Tester Team e.V.) named TOT "Best Attraction of the Year".

The page is in German:
http://www.rp-online.de/reise/news/Towe ... 33328.html
http://www.freizeitpark-tester.de/

LittleMonster

I adore this ride!

gldc

I've heard they can make the ride audio english? Any idea how to have this done by a cast member and has anyone ever had the ride audio in english? Thanks!
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Festival Disney

I had the audio in English during my last trip in December.
It's basically pot luck. If you're in a Library/Elevator with a load of English speaking people, they'll put in in English.
When you're sat down in the elevator and they do the safety spiel they pick out who speaks what language when they ask you if your seatbelt is done up correctly.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

lil-shawn

As i said in another topic, i still think they should do the rides just in english, it´s realy not fair to have most of the
attractions in french. and honestly the persons who go into TOT are old enough to understand english. It donsent bother me if the park is in france, and if they don´t understand anything, they need to learn english we are in europe and need a language everyone can understand. Sorry but am a bit pissed about that, even hong kong disneyland has more in englishj than in they´re languages...

*TIMMIE*

I have had a pre-show and English tour. That was great and added so much to the experience. I wish they check better which language the guest speak/prefer. Could be done for Phantom Manor as well.

MrsPirate

Quote from: "*TIMMIE*"I have had a pre-show and English tour. That was great and added so much to the experience. I wish they check better which language the guest speak/prefer. Could be done for Phantom Manor as well.

Totally agree, so much of the experience is lost when you don't understand the story that goes with the ride.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

Martyn

Quote from: "Festival Disney"I had the audio in English during my last trip in December.
It's basically pot luck. If you're in a Library/Elevator with a load of English speaking people, they'll put in in English.
When you're sat down in the elevator and they do the safety spiel they pick out who speaks what language when they ask you if your seatbelt is done up correctly.

Is that really true?

I cant see how they can tell your language in the library?

FishyBoy15

Quote from: "Martyn"
Quote from: "Festival Disney"I had the audio in English during my last trip in December.

Is that really true?

I cant see how they can tell your language in the library?

It's purely pot luck, the cast member on the front podium/desk simply selects confirms which language the pre-show runs in. A blue button flashes with 'Anglais/English' above it on the console and they simply push it in to select it. Some cast members run one library in English and one in French during peak times, others base it on the people who come through the turnstile and what language they reply in and others run it alternately.

In the lifts themselves, it the same arrangement (the blue flashing light coming from the control console you sometime see) and again it's pot luck, I remember some cast members who have known i'm the only english speaking person in the elevator and still run it in english. Some cast members have had a full elevator of all but two english speaking people and still run it in French.

Both of the systems (elevator and pre-show) will default to french.

Previous Trips]

Sequoia Lodge: April 2000
Cheyenne: April 2002
Cheyenne: July 2003
Sequoia Lodge: January 2004
Radisson Blu- Disneyland Paris: July 2010
Cheyenne: August 2010
Cheyenne: January 2011

Upcoming Trips]

Sequoia Lodge: July 2011

gldc

Ah ok..I'm gonna try to see if I ask nicely whether it'll be in English  :D On maybe I can just re-ride again and again  :mrgreen:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Martyn

Lol, and to think of all the times that I try to speak French just to be respectful!

montaguewarner

I Spoke to a cast member on my last visit to DLP, she said that they asses the language bassed on who's in the elevator. They normally have a little time to make jokes etc when they are doing the safety spiel and she says she finds it easy to pick up where the main language of the elevator sits! I asked once on my last day if we could have it in English and she said of course! I love it when Cast Members do that kind of thing, it makes you feel like a valued guest :D
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

BadKid

Does the fastpass work on this attraction? When I went a while back, the fastpass wasn't working.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Josh

It usually works; yeah. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

BadKid

Quote from: "Meph"It usually works; yeah. :)

Oh good :)
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)