The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

About the language thing:
For the library there are 2 positions where the Cm can choose to put it on English, but these two are also positions where you have a lot to do and to say, so before you know it's to late and you can't put it on the English one anymore.

The language in the elevator really depends on the Cm. You've got plenty of time to switch in English and to discover if you've got more English or French guests.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Aaron"About the language thing:
For the library there are 2 positions where the Cm can choose to put it on English, but these two are also positions where you have a lot to do and to say, so before you know it's to late and you can't put it on the English one anymore.

The language in the elevator really depends on the Cm. You've got plenty of time to switch in English and to discover if you've got more English or French guests.

90% of the times i have been on (Only once been rushed on) The CM has always gone "How many [Insert language here] folks do we have..." Once there was more english and about 4 French, He said something like "Keep your breakfasts inside you... Although they wont be there for long..." as the doors closed in french and most the brits had no idea it seems :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

bigrossco

when I was there for 7 nights, and went on ToT around 3/4 times a day, not once did we have the library show in english and each time in the lift the CM mostly spoken french apart from all the safety stuff and asking how much english were on it!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

luke85

I went on TOT 3 times last September, and the only time we were asked who was English and who was French was once we were all seated in the ride vehicle. Shame, as I would have liked to have heard the pre-show in English.

lynny

i'm still to much of a wimp to go on this ride......when we were there at christmas because i was there with my 7yr old and my 16 yr old and i knew my 7yr old would not go on we decided that my 16yr old would go 1st,i'd stay with my youngest then we'd swap but waiting there outside hearing all the screams i told my 7yr old i don't think i'll go on.As soon as my oldest daughter got off the ride though the 1st thing she said to me was mam don't think you should go on,you'l crap yourself on your own...lol....she knows me to well.

maybe my next trip.lol
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Anthony

I don't think I've seen the original English pre-show since during the grand opening last year, which is a shame since I think an English video with French subtitles makes much more sense...

However, I was surprised to get the English ride narration out of the blue last weekend! It does seem like you're more likely to hear this in English than the pre-show.

lynny

when i finally pluck up the courage on my next visit don't think i'll mind if its french or english......or i might not even notice the language...... :roll:
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

mehdi5

I've had the English ride for i think about 9 times, mostly by coincidence really. 2 times during the annual passport opening in december 2007, once in Febuary 2008, 3 times May 2008, once in September and once in Januari this year, mostly non-asked though just started the ride with english, though the CM's really should pay more attention to the languages though. never had an english pre-show though. But i do have to say i like the french narration of the ride more, it seems more spooky than the english one for some reason.

Anthony

There was a short programme on Radio 4 last week looking at Rod Serling's life and focusing mainly on The Twilight Zone. Worth a listen if it'll let you play (might be UK-only), lots of interesting soundbites and atmosphere from the series:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... ight_Zone/

CafeFantasia

Thanks for that Anthony. Conveniently, the BBC use 128kbps MP3 for their iPlayer radio content. Perfect for putting into iTunes :-)

CafeFantasia

Anyone seen this video on YouTube? It's a 10 minute interview with French Imagineer Laurent Cayuela talking about the Tower of Terror and Stitch Live:

[youtube:1vdygj5p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5qeJBOmHzU[/youtube:1vdygj5p]

luke85

Cool video Alan, thanks for posting!

debtdummy

we went on twice. both in french and i was soooooo scared. its hard cos i didnt understand what was happening, we didnt even get asked what language we were

Annet

I saw it in English twice, so since then I understand the french text too.
But it would be nice if you could choose between english and french.

bigrossco

what a great vid and nice to here from an imaginer talking about ToT
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista