The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldkev

I visited DLRP in Nov 2007 and the ToT building was complete but the ride was not open.  In 2008 we went to WDW and I rode ToT there for the first time, I loved it and so was looking forward to our Jan 2009 trip to DLRP so we could ride ToT.

I have to say that it is fantastic!  There were 4 in our party, me, my wife and our kids (girls aged 7 and 10).  My 7 year old had ridden ToT at WDW when she was just 4 and although she said she said she loved it she only went on it the once.  I didn't go on it.  We went to WDW again last year and we all rode ToT about 30 times over a fortnight, we loved it.  But, ToT in DLRP definitely has the edge.  We all prefer it to the one at WDW.  There's just something about the actual show before the ride.  I think it's because we were expecting to travel forward to the ride, if you've done WDW you'll know what I mean, but we went straight from the show into the ride and we weren't expecting it the first time, it was great!

Cheers

Kev

Bell Hop

Me and my son have been on this ride loads of times but during our visit this year 8th to 11th Jan we had a terrible experience. After the first drop the girl in front of us passed out. Her friend was shaking her trying to bring her round but she was just flopping around. When we got to the top again however the ride stopped and we were slowly lowered down and met by Disney staff at the bottom who rushed in to help. We were taken off and put on the next ride but my son who is 9 did not want to go again. It was a very scary experience as we did not know what was wrong with the girl but I have to say we were very pleased that someone noticed and stopped the ride although it seemed to take forever to get down.

On the last day we went back on the ride as we did not want that to be the last memory and it was great.

bigrossco

Quote from: "Bell Hop"It was a very scary experience as we did not know what was wrong with the girl but I have to say we were very pleased that someone noticed and stopped the ride although it seemed to take forever to get down.

There is a camara on each lift "cart" if I remember right its in the left hand corner and the CM's are always watching, this is also how they know if someone has a camara or camcorder out and I guess for the safety of all passengers :)
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

CafeFantasia

Apologies if this has been posted before. I found this great clip on YouTube, a report on French news show "20 Heures", about the Tower of Terror:

[youtube:229vqlb3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4jkBfQbjeY[/youtube:229vqlb3]

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for posting the video Alan, there was some fantastic footage there :)

LilysDad

I know that the CMs can run the pre-show in either English or French. Is there any way of knowing which one they're going to use - ie. is it a certain ratio of say 1 in 5 is in English?
Last time we went it was only in French and although that's not a problem for either myself or my wife as we both have a reasonable standard of comprehension, its difficult for the children and it would be nice on the next trip if we knew that we could wait for an English showing. (apologies if this ought to be in trip planning...)

Willow

If you ask they usually will put the English version on.
The default language is French so without any Cast Member intervention the ride will always be in French.

Last Halloween I have 2 rides in French and one in English. In the two French rides I was in an elevator with a few english people but on the only English ride I was the only English person in the elevator and didn't even ask for the change in language.  :lol:

pussinboots

I haven't heard the English version yet. They'd simply ask, "francais?" and whenever two people would reply, "ouieee," then that was that. I thought it a trifle unfair, this method of questioning, but it's hardly the place to throw a hissy fit.

But good to hear it's not always like that. And it's a reason to return, I suppose.

RnRCj

I actually got more English rides than French during my last visit. We rode about 8 or 9 times, and only 3 of those times was the narration in French. Maybe it was because I was with a group of about 8 English people? :mrgreen:

I've found that the library isn't in English as much as the elevators though. If you don't ask the chances of getting it in English are very small.

Patrick

The tower was brilliant this week, eating crowds as it went.  Plus I have to say it is great to see some cast return, like Bob :) , and Kinoo, nice to see some cast members stop people smoking in the queue :wink: .

PetiteSirene

Quote from: "pussinboots"I haven't heard the English version yet. They'd simply ask, "francais?" and whenever two people would reply, "ouieee," then that was that. I thought it a trifle unfair, this method of questioning, but it's hardly the place to throw a hissy fit.

But good to hear it's not always like that. And it's a reason to return, I suppose.

I have had it before where they asked if anyone spoke english, over half the people put up their hand, then asked if anyone spoke french and no one put up their hand... and she STILL put it on french!!!!  :?

I really dont mind as I know the reel off by heart, but its unfair to new riders.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Magicalmouse125

I've never acually been on it. It's a ride i've never had the chance to ride.
But i was there christmas 08 and it was built and completed. Even though i never got to write it, i just loved looking at it. The way it dominated the disneyland skyline. It looks wonderful and as soon as i can i'm going on it!!!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Javey74

Here's a scientific question>>

If you didn't have your seatbelt on, and you were at the top set of doors on the attraction, how far would the lift carriage in distance be away from you by the time it got to the bottom..  :?:  :?:

Bearing in mind that the lift carriage is getting pulled downwards faster than gravity, whereas you'd only be in free fall with gravity..  :wink:  :D

Also does anyone know how high the final drop actually is in feet..  :-k

ColdSun

I finally went on it and absolutely loved it 8) ! Could really kick myself now that I checkened out on previous visits and missed the fun :| ...

never2old

Quote from: "ColdSun"I finally went on it and absolutely loved it 8) ! Could really kick myself now that I checkened out on previous visits and missed the fun :| ...

First time I went to WDS after the Tower was finished I didn't go on either... It just looked too scary! The worst part is, we were there for two very quiet days, there was NEVER much of a queue in ToT!! We could have done it quite a few times!!!  ](*,)  ](*,)  So I know just how you feel... Still, better late than never!!  :D

Glad you enjoyed it so much ColdSun  :D