New DLRP Promotional DVD!

Started by Anthony, March 11, 2005, 04:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I got the new UK promotional DVD today!

It's not as bad as I thought it would be from what I'd heard, but it isn't very amazing.

There's nice blue menus in the DLRP style (with the needmag?c banner, dlrp font and so on), and then a 5minute video preview of the resort.  It's quite a good video despite the very short length, with some good slow orchestral music before it gets to "You'll Be In My Heart".  It uses DLRP's collection of footage well and should do a lot of good in persuading more people to go.

If you want an idea of what the video's like, download this: //http://www.frantour.nl/data/video/disney_internet.mpg

The video on the DVD is the same except for the following changes:
- The slow orchestral music at the start isn't from Tarzan, but I can't quite tell what it is actually from.  It sounds nice though, and stops it from looking like they overused Tarzan.
- Man U Soccer Schools are featured.  Only for a few seconds, but this shows they do have some nice footage of the place.  Only problem is though, it's VERY obviously added in, since the voiceover guy's voice changes and the picture looks slightly different.
- A few modifed shots here and there, like two (terrible, really terrible shots of LOTLK before the Beauty and Beast section of the Disneyland Park bit.
- At the end, it continues a bit longer to mention the UK reservation hotline and disneylandparis.com

Also included on the DVD are pages with information (which is similar or perhaps even identical the brochure) with a slideshow of photos next to it.  Before each of these sections of text info is a short full-screen slideshow.  A nice idea, but the transitions between photos are really bad - hard to explain why...

The menus use the orchestral music from the first half of the video to give them a magical yet calming and relaxing feel.  They probably look more professional and slicker than the official DVD ones, since they follow the DLRP style and don't have lots of random images jumbled together.

Overall, really not a bad effort at all for their first DVD.  It comes in a nice thin card slipcover and definately looks very professional.  It should help make people want to go a lot more by letting them see in the video the magic of the resort, and the video itself is a million times better than the one on the official souvenir DVD - no annoying family, no bad dubbing, much better shots, etc. etc.  The only small complaint I have about the video is that the picture quality isn't too good, but then I suppose I shouldn't expect much from a promotional DVD.

And so, even though this by no means gets anywhere near as good as the WDW DVDs, it's amazing to finally DLRP doing this, and a clear sign that times have changed at our favourite place on earth - new management, more marketing, more ideas, just MORE magic overall really.

Bravo DLRP!  =D>  =D>

If you'd like to get hold of this DVD and you live in the UK, then go to http://www.disneylandparis.com and order the Spring/Summer 2005 brochure.  When you receive the brochure the DVD should be thrown in the envelope with it - hopefully.  They might not get it into every brochure though, of course, so be patient...  :wink:

(btw, I'll scan it in later so you can see what it looks like)

Anthony

Here are some scans of the DVD:

Looks quite snazzy overall, especially since it's free.  I wonder how much the envelope/letter/brochure/dvd/postage combo costs DLRP overall?

Kristof

Wow, it does looks nice.   :D   The Studios gets a lot of attention...  :wink:

Jorien

How can i get my hands on such a promotional dvd???? Can i order it somewhere?  :shock: I loved that commercial when i saw it on that website, so i would love to have something like that on dvd.

Jorien  :D

Edit: I've just filled in all the information needed on the dlrp website. And asked for the brochure. Let's hope they'll send it to me. It worked some years ago, when i did that with an WDW video!  :wink:

Jorien

What i was thinking, how can i be sure that they'll send me a brochure with the dvd? Because there wasn't anything said on the website about this dvd, at least not where i had to fill in all the information needed.
Let's hope they will!

Anthony

Quote from: "Jorien"What i was thinking, how can i be sure that they'll send me a brochure with the dvd? Because there wasn't anything said on the website about this dvd, at least not where i had to fill in all the information needed.

At the moment they seem to be including the DVD with every Spring/Summer UK brochure sent out, so there's kinda a 99% chance you'll get one I think.

I'm not sure how long they'll be doing this for though, so everyone else - try and get one ASAP!

I'm not sure if you can get the UK brochure sent to another country, and if you can i'm not sure if they'll include the DVD, so it is a bit of a lottery at the moment...

Jorien

Well, today i received the brochure, and even when i asked it through the UK page of disneylandparis.com i got it without DVD.  :cry:
How can i get my hands on that dvd???? Why do only UK people get this, it's not that there are only dlrp fans in the uk!!!!!  :(
It's not fair!!!  :x (I'm thinking about sending them an e-mail about it!)

Jorien

I did send them an email about it, by the way! The day i got the brochure i immediatly wrote them an email. Today i received a message in return......about the DVD i can order  :? Of course that one i already have!!!! So i sent another message, with pictures of the cover. Let's hope they will now understand what i mean.  :wink:
I keep on trying!

Anthony

Quote from: "Jorien"So i sent another message, with pictures of the cover. Let's hope they will now understand what i mean.  :wink:
I keep on trying!

Good luck!

I noticed just now that brochures for the UK are now sent from Coventry in the UK instead of France, which is interesting.  I've wondered for ages why didn't do this since it must be so much cheaper.

Also, the letter they put in with the brochures actually said "We are delighted to present the Disneyland Resort Paris 2005 Brochure and DVD", whereas when I first ordered the Spring/Summer brochure and they weren't doing the DVDs, it didn't say this.

So where was your brochure sent from?  It's possible that for people in countries other than the UK they simply send the normal Spring/Summer brochure from France as they did before, whereas those in the UK get sent the brochure from Coventry along with the DVD...

I've ordered another Spring/Summer brochure myself, so I'll let you know if I get the DVD.  :wink:

Jorien

I just looked on the envelop.....yes, i've kept it! (Now it really must seem like i have that brochure with me all the time, haha!) It's posted from France!  :(
So i guess you're right about that the 'normal' brochures are send from France and the ones with the dvd's from the uk.  :(

I hope for you that you'll get it. I'm still hoping that they will understand my email i sent them about it!

Anthony

If I do get another DVD, I'll carry on being really naughty and try and get a couple more, then I might be able to send them to anyone who wants them.  :wink:

Jorien

Oh that would be great!!! thanks  :wink:
But at the moment, i'm still hoping they understand what i asked them in my e-mail. And that they will send one to me.

PAT_MAGIC

I have also sent for a brochure although a couple of weeks ago I got Autumn/Winter brochure for no apparant reason which was quite funny.  Lets hope I get a DVD :D .

Jorien

haha, why did they send that one to you? The Autumn and Winterseason are already over!  :lol: ]
I hope you'll get that dvd too!  :wink:

Jorien

I received a message from dlrp today, and they said that only people from the uk receive it with their request for a brochure........As if i didn't know that yet!  :wink:

So i sent them another message, where i ask them if there isn't a possibility that i could get it too. *please*, *please*, *please*. Yes, i was almost begging them!  :wink:
So this is really my last hope!
I still don't know why only people from the uk get this! Okay, we'll get a free magazine, but that's not a dvd!!!  :wink: