How the CM made it special

Started by RockNRoller, August 07, 2010, 10:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacers

I have two just really small things that make you smile we were walking down mainstreet with a hot dog from casseys i think we were in a rush to get somewhere and my boyfriend took a huge bite from the hotdog as a cast mate walked past and he just said "  bon appetit " it was just really funny.

on our last day we went really early to try and go on crushes coaster as it had been broken the whole time we'd been there only to find after queuing for 15mins it was broken again we didnt have any time to do anything else so started to leave the park feeling a bit gutted but then we saw donald who is may favourite i never normally queue up to see the characters as i'm too old and i just want to leave it for the kids but i thought we had nothing else to do so we queued up but there was a lot of queue jumping and i thought i wasnt going to get to see him but then the cm announced i would be the last one and donald outstreched his arms and gave me a huge hug it just helps you feel a bit less awkward when your a bit older.

i also think the jack sparrow is really fun

tubbsy

We have just had the most amazing visit with fantastic CMs all over the place but I'm thinking Nicholas the CM in Stitch Live sticks out most in my mind.
We visited Stitch Live and were thoroughly enjoying the show when Lilo phoned Stitch and we all had to be monkeys and lions. When Sttich hung up he asked Nicholas who the best moneky was and Nicholas came straight to Rob :D
The net day Rob asked to go back and we explained that he wouldnt get chosen again. Nicholas was there but wasnt having such a succesful show as the children at the front were either shy or had minimal English.
When it came to choosing his monkey, Nicholas spied Rob and came straight over saying "My friend from yesterday" :D
Brilliant.

"Nicholas" and Rob

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

littlemermaid83

Oh my I have got some many great memories with CMs.

One I can remember was back in 2008, My Brother had his Gf went to ride Indiana Jones and we was going to baby swap as DD was obv to little to ride it, while waiting the CM at the ride entrance made friends with DD and gave her a one of them Indiana Jones certificates and on the back wrote that we could ride POTC by going via the exit anytime during that whole day, it was so lovely of him.

Another was the CM who assisted me and DD on our first trip when we was chosen as Family of the Day, It was raining so hard but he did so much for  us while getting soaked in the process, I saw him walk across Main Street on our last trip and I wanted to approach him to say thankyou again (2 years later) but chickened out as I thought he may of thought I was a crazy guest and not remember us lol.

The CM we had serving us in Inventions back in  Jan 2009 was another great CM, he really made our evening more memorable and made such a fuss of DD in her snow white dress, and he also gave me 3 free drinks...bonus   :lol:

I have more Cms I could thank for taking time out to make our trips special but I would be here all night.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Cendrillon

Back in 2007, there was a POTC cast member called Austin who was working crowd control during the parade. He was playing the pirate part well, being very sarcastic with guests and he stopped by my family and started chatting to us. There was plenty of in-character banter, and he was generally being very funny! Obviously he had to patrol and keep the crowds in line, but he would always make his way back to us and continue the conversation, or even throw us 'menacing' pirate glances from across Main Street.

A couple of days later, we were queuing for PotC when an announcement came over the speakers and we recognised the voice instantly. It was Austin! He had a very distinguishable English accent ;) He was working above the docking area, and as our boat set off into the Caribbean, he stood up and waved at me and my sisters. When we arrived back, he had come down and was waiting at the end of ride to say hello. He even addressed us all by name. As soon as we left, he went back to his earlier position - it seemed he had come down for the sole purpose of saying hello to us!

He remained in character the whole time and so my youngest sister told all her friends when she got back that she'd made friends with a real pirate. Definitely a special CM :)

_Natalie_x

Aw thats lovely !! goodness theres just something about the pirates at DLRP isnt there !! <3 we always have the most fun there :D:D:D xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Soap

That's the way all CM's should enjoy and "play" their roles  :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

sebassah

Wow thats great that is the way WDW works, great to see that it also (can) happen(s) in DLRP. In my opinion it should be done wya more often!

Clara2141

On my birthday this year we were trying to get a good photo of the two of us on PotC. I was desperate to go on the front as as we were at the front of the queue and would have been put at the rear of the boat I thought I'd cheekily ask the CM if we could sit at the front.

He laughed when I asked and before he could answer I butted in to tell him it was my birthday.

Needless to say he let us on the front (it was during a parade and the boat wasn't full anyway - I love visiting in the winter) and then announced over the tannoy in French and English that it was my birthday, and sang Happy Birthday to me. It was a nice touch - and we got a brilliant photo.
Sequoia Lodge - July 1997
Santa Fe - July 2001
Day Trip - Sept 2009
Cheyenne - Feb 2010

Santa Fe - Nov 2010
Santa Fe - Feb 2011

I\'ve imagined being here like this so many times before, reaching out to take your hand as the butterflies in me soar