New DLRP Promotional DVD!

Started by Anthony, March 11, 2005, 04:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I've ordered *another* Spring/Summer brochure already!  I hope they send it quickly...  :D

Jorien

LOL!  :lol: How many have you ordered already this season? They might think you are starting a library with these brochures.  :wink:

Jorien  :D

Anthony

"Starting" a library?  It's already there - at least 1 copy of each brochure from every season since 2002...  :lol:   I don't have many Spring/Summer 2005 ones yet though, I never got the one I ordered to  get a 2nd DVD to give to you... Maybe I've been blacklisted already?  :?

Jorien

Give to me? Ah, that's sweet!!!  :D Maybe they knew that you were planning to, and they thought: oh that Jorien person again, nope we won't send another dvd if she's gonna get it!  :wink:  :P

About that library........same here!  :wink:

Disneyana

After I heared about the first DVD I just don't really needed to get it, because I have it on video tape. But now that I know that there is another one with footage from PM,POTC... I want to have it too. So I will try to get it, but I think I will not have a chance to get it, because I'm from Germany and they do not advertise DLP here very good. But I'll try. And of course I have this kind of library too.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Jorien

You can download the movies on goldencelebration.com!!!!  :wink:

Anthony

I got the DVD today.  It's the best DVD EVER!!! OK, well it's pretty damn good and a huge improvement over the last one at least.  :wink:

There's some awesome footage of LOTLK on there, and a few seconds of the Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony which I saw being filmed (wooo go me!).

Overall, I just can't believe this is coming from DLRP.  The menus are fantastic and the videos are great.  There's even resort maps and "how to draw mickey" on the DVD aswell.  It's just brilliant.  Superb online brochures, great DVDs with brochures... I love DLRP.  :D

EDIT: Oh, and the packaging is a billion times better now aswell.  Still the same kind of card slipcover, but the graphics on it look very posh.  I'll post a scan later tonight...  :wink:

Jorien

Do you think i should start begging them for it again?  :? I actually don't dare to, because they already were so kind to send that first one to me.

Anthony

Yeah, start begging again Jorien!  It'll really be worth it this time!  OK, so the videos only add up to about 20-25mins in length (including the intro), but something like this is so special coming from DLRP.  I just looked at the cover and disc again in disbelief at how high quality it looks.

My message to you all - don't buy the official DLRP DVD!  Move to the UK and order a brochure!  :lol:

Actually, did anyone else notice how they used footage from the official DVD video in this promo DVD?  It was quite funny to see how they'd taken just little bits of that to make up a tiny part of this much superior DVD video!  The Fanti/MSEP documentary is a very good reason to buy the official DVD though, so I suppose they're even - one has a good guide video, the other has good extras.  :wink:

Anthony

I'm watching the videos on the DVD non-stop now, they're SO good.  I'm sure you've all already seen them on goldencelebration.com/dlrp.co.uk, so let us know what you think!  IMO they're some of the most comprehensive and well put-together videos of this kind we've ever seen from DLRP.

And that music - it's used in the DLP guide on the main menu - what is it?  I'm really getting addicted to it, it's so cool!  I hope it's something well-known and not just a random piece of music they bought for use in the video, since I'd really like the full version...  :)

Scans of the DVD coming in a little while.  :wink:

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo"I'm watching the videos on the DVD non-stop now, they're SO good.  I'm sure you've all already seen them on goldencelebration.com/dlrp.co.uk, so let us know what you think!  IMO they're some of the most comprehensive and well put-together videos of this kind we've ever seen from DLRP. :

I find that woman (the voice-over) annoying in the park video, sorry!

Quote from: "Baloo"And that music - it's used in the DLP guide on the main menu - what is it?  I'm really getting addicted to it, it's so cool!  I hope it's something well-known and not just a random piece of music they bought for use in the video, since I'd really like the full version...  :) :

How could i know, i don't have that dvd.  :x  :( So i have no idea what that music sounds like.  :wink:

Disneyana

So I already  downloaded the videos from goldencelebration.com. Thank you Jorien !  :wink:  I like the videos so much. They're really great. But I'm with Jorien about the woman who's speaking for the Disneyland Park. She's annoying, I prefer the man who's speaking for WDS. But the videos are the best videos ever to merchandise the park. Shame DLP does not give this DVD to all the countries, because with that videos people who would see it, would definetly go to DLP. The videos have so much good footage of almost every attraction and the hotels. These videos are getting you really in the mood to go to DLP.  :D
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anthony

Quote from: "Jorien"I find that woman (the voice-over) annoying in the park video, sorry!

Yes, she is a little bit annoying actually, and I don't like the fact that the script is so cheesy.  They're just trying to cram in way too many puns...

Quote from: "Jorien"How could i know, i don't have that dvd.  :x  :( So i have no idea what that music sounds like.  :wink:

It's in the background of the DLP guide video, like I think I said...  :P  I would just record it from the main menu, but I can't play DVDs on my computer anymore for some reason...  :x

DVD Scans

Front & Back Covers:

Inside:

Disc:

Kristof

I've watched the movies.  I like the shots, but I don't like the narration of both male and female.  They should have used someone who sounds more happy.   :)

Poppy The Monkey

They should of used the people who do the voice-overs on the resort channel. They would of been perfect.