Space Mountain: Mission 2

Started by Anthony, March 09, 2005, 09:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

I am with Davewasbaloo on this!

As a big lad, I need the shoulder harnessess to feel safe!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

sparklesprestonia

As a rider of the larger size myself I feel safe as house's on SM RnR and Indy where if I go on the Big one at Blackpool pleasure beach there is something very unnerving about not having a over the shoulder restraint out of the 2 give me an over the shoulder anyday
Santa Fe November 2010
Santa Fe Januray/Feb 2012 (a very cold trip)

gldc

I'm not a large rider in the slightest but I feel much safer with the over the shoulder restraints.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Spacepilot

I just have been at disneyland paris this past weekend and I loved every minute of it, of course also space mountain.
Space Mountain is still a cool and quite beautiful attraction (I also rode the original attraction), but it could use some updates.
Most of the time I rode in the middle of the train an didn't find it bumpy at all!

But to restore the full magic (if they keep the mission 2 theme), in my opinion they have to do the follwing:

-Restore the lights on the building at night like they used to be (really magical).
-Restore the cannon effect and the sound and also the smoke on the cannon.
-Add a bit more theming elements in the queue. Maybe also a second queue video/paintings that shows like the mission/cannon came to be...
-Restore the view into "space" (at least to a certain degree). If they can't because of the projections, they also could use prerecorded HD footage in small "windows" on the wall.
-Replace the supernova projection. Right now it looks really pale and like in lowres standard resolution. With the technology available they could do it even in 3D (without glasses) or even as a hologram. Perhaps they could add live action smoke and lightning/pyro effects to it to enhance it further.
-Replace the onboard sound system with one that actually works and with better and much louder speakers. On the first day, there was no soundtrack at all! On the second day it was way too silent, you could barley hear it and it had no "punch".
-Maybe replace the soundtrack with the original one or somehow do a combination of both. I also love the original soundtrack very much, but there are some moments where it sounds a bit too much like Jurrassic Park Or E.T.

The best would be if they could take the best elements from both missions and make it into one. Hope it happens soon :-)
Would love to hear the opinions of you guys :-)

Patrick89

Quote from: "Spacepilot"-Add a bit more theming elements in the queue.

That's true. Inside, the queue isn't interesting at all, the only things to see are on the last meters...

Quote from: "Spacepilot"Replace the supernova projection. Right now it looks really pale and like in lowres standard resolution. With the technology available they could do it even in 3D (without glasses) or even as a hologram. Perhaps they could add live action smoke and lightning/pyro effects to it to enhance it further.

Very true. The supernova looks as if it was developed with Paint ;)

Quote from: "Spacepilot"-Replace the onboard sound system with one that actually works and with better and much louder speakers. On the first day, there was no soundtrack at all! On the second day it was way too silent, you could barley hear it and it had no "punch".

Much louder speakers? If I have any complaints about them, it is that they are much too loud. After riding, I often feel like my ears were blown off...

Quote from: "Spacepilot"The best would be if they could take the best elements from both missions and make it into one. Hope it happens soon :-)
Would love to hear the opinions of you guys :-)

If you would take the best elemets from both versions, the outcome would be 100% De la terre a la lune and 0 % Mission 2 ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

esmeralda

Dlp please return de la terre a la lune!!!! It was so fantastic and full of details!! I know it's pretty impossible but i don't give up hope!!
Julia

Spacepilot

Quote from: "Patrick89"The supernova looks as if it was developed with Paint ;)
Sad but true :(

Quote from: "Patrick89"" Much louder speakers? If I have any complaints about them, it is that they are much too loud. After riding, I often feel like my ears were blown off...

Then your were lucky. I had no soundtrack at all or a very silent one.

Quote from: "Patrick89"If you would take the best elemets from both versions, the outcome would be 100% De la terre a la lune and 0 % Mission 2 ;)

Well, they could keep the lower launch position :-)
A good start would be to at least restore the exterior lightning and cannon effects and then they can turn it back to mission 1 :-)

Has there ever been an attraction that has been converted back to a previous version before?

esmeralda

@Spacepilot: Yes, Indiana Jones used to be backwards and they swopped it back to its original version!
Julia

Spacepilot

You're right.
But  I guess Space Mountain would probably require more work than just to turn around the vehicles and some props like with Indiana Jones.

CentralPlazaPerson

I heard rumours of the moon from Space Mountain can still be seen in Mission 2. Is this true and if so where abouts on the ride is it?

ulak

I've been on this ride 14 days before the end of the train and it was very painful, uncomfortable and frightening - shoulder harness did not hold tight and I was afraid to get out all the way-then the whole body hurt a lot.

In fact, after every ride headache. In a way I went about 6 times. Sound sometimes not very audible.
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Martyn

Any updates on this? Like when its closing, and how long for? Or is it even closing at all (one train at a time etc...)?

Josh

A couple of months ago, I was reading somewhere that the new trains have been delayed until 2013, which is a shame. :(

But they'd have to close the ride when they replace them, because they'll need to be tested. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

esmeralda

Quote from: "Josh"A couple of months ago, I was reading somewhere that the new trains have been delayed until 2013, which is a shame. :(

But they'd have to close the ride when they replace them, because they'll need to be tested. :)

New trains?? I'm glad to hear there will be new ones at all!! Can they change it back to "de la terre a la lune" ? ;)
Julia

Martyn

Well when the news first came out about this, ages ago, it was said that the ride will feature new restraints, not new trains.