Simba 27

So now I think that it's official.....

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: Simba 27 on May 12, 2014, 05:23:40 PM

......I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW, WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?!
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

never2old

where is this info coming from?

msRavenswood

Quote from: Simba 27 on May 12, 2014, 05:23:40 PM

Please let this be true!!!

PrincessEnya

A quick Google image search shows that this image was already posted on this French forum back in 2011 though... ??? 

I believe it says that back in 2011 Radio Disney posted the rumour that Space Mountain will return to its original form in 2015. This could still happen, of course, but I doubt it will. It would cost money DLP could spend on other developments. Why would they spend it on this?
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

Simba 27

Sorry guys, I found that image the past days on two Italian forums, and since no one reported there that it was fan made, I thought it was official.

Past trips:

PrincessEnya

No problem.  ;)  To be fair, there are always rumours around that Space Mountain will get a huge refurb. The last one I´ve heard of, is that in 2015 the ride will be updated in such a way that it´s a combination of the original version and Mission 2. Who knows what will happen. As long as the trains are updated, I´m happy.  ;D
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

*TIMMIE*

A combination would be okay. Can not get any worse anyway.

- bring back the moon
- bring back the window in the queue
- bring back the commets
- bring back the original soundtrack
- get rid of the cheap exploding projection
- get rid of the cheap disco ball effect
- new trains

wouldn't be too hard.

Edit:

Interessting post on miceage

As for Space Mountain, a very well placed friend of mine has confirmed that DLP plan to return the ride to its De la Terra à la Lune storyline (with more modern show technology, of course), but that the project has yet to be assigned a budget. This means that, while there is a definite will to see this happen, it's not yet been green-lit. However, we can expect to see some Space Mountain: De la Terra à la Lune themed merchandise hitting the resort in the next year or so!

Simba 27

Past trips:

*TIMMIE*

The trains were delayed, but it is sure they are coming. Unfortunately, no confirmation about the theming. Anxious for that.