Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tink_22

Hi Nao ! I'm new on the forum but I applied online not so long ago so maybe I can help you.

For the cover letter, you don't know who will be reading it so you can start with "Dear Sir or Madam". You can copy-paste your cv in the resume box but not the cover letter : when you click on "continue", a similar page will appear for your cover letter. I didn't send photos as it isn't necessary. I know lots of people who got through and didn't submit pictures of them.

I can't really help you for the part about your school. You could probably say you're in your last year at secondary school. I wrote at the beginning of my cv, before the diploma section, what I was doing this year. Maybe you should ask someone in your family for their advice.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate (the website isn't always very clear  ;) )

Nao

Tink_22 you're a life-saver! Thank you so much your answers :) did you apply for entertainment jobs also? Did you hear back yet?
I heard someone say that if you apply online in February you're usually invited to an audition in March.

Ah, I see, about the pictures I kind of assumed so because in their FAQ it said that you have to send pictures for your application to be considered :S
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

Tink_22

I applied last week for a summer job as a ride operator or in a shop so I should hear from them in about 2 weeks. I don't know when you'll be invited to audition though. It depends on where you want to audition and when they are planning to have auditions there...

sineadlemonade

ooh, haven't been on here in a while!
@Nao i would just put that you're in your last year of high school (or whatever you want to call it), that's what i put :)

@Cendrillon ugh APRIL IS TOO FAR AWAY :'( i get all anxious about waiting for a contract etc then i just feel guilty for being impatient and it's all just a vicious cycle haha. plus i'm going to new york for 5 days in march and won't have internet access/my phone and i'm terrified that they'll contact me then! i've put my mum on phone duty just in case haha

Cendrillon

Haha, I was the same this past week when I was in Disneyland! I kept imagining coming home and finding I'd missed an email offering a contract and having to email back begging them to send another one because I'd only missed it as I'd been in DLP admiring my hopefully-future-workplace! What can we do to make April arrive here... tomorrow, maybe?

rebecca

Sorry to wind up everyone still waiting for their contract (I feel your pain aha, hope it comes in soooon!), but I need advice! I've booked my plane to Charles de Gaulle, and previously I just took the train but I'm gonna have sooo much luggage, I don't know how to get fromt he airport to Fantasia building. Helppppp ! xx

Flounder042

Quote from: "rebecca"
Quote from: "Flounder042"yea I applied for customer service... and way back in june!!! hmm weird... I'm going to email today, I'll keep u posted If i hear anything back!! Do you know where you'll be living? x

Yes keep us posted! Nooooo don't know til you get there, so will have to wait and see (: x

So i emailed them  a huge long email explaining everything and apologising for empaling again etc all in french.. and they just replied saying that they are keeping my details in their database until a role comes up that corresponds to my profile but unfortunately they aren't currently in the position to give me any more information...

:shock:  :'( :'(

not exactly looking good for me! booooo!!

mackattack

Hey, I applied for a job in the hospitality and leisure category about two weeks ago, and I'm really hoping to be called for an interview. I sent in my CV and cover letter two weeks ago now and I sill havn't heard anything from them, I'm so impatient, I've been checking my emails like four times a day..:P Do they reply to everyone who shows interest in a job or do some not get a reply? I'm just wondering what's the procedure. I know they say they will contact you withing 3 weeks but is that only if you are selected?

So for all the questions, I'm just very optimistic! :D

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Tink_22

@mackattack : they don't always answer after 3 week, sometimes it can be shorter just like it can be longer so even after the 3 weeks there still is a chance ! even if you don't get through you should get a e-mail from them but sometimes (not often though) people don't get an answer at all (which also means no) but that happens when they get too many applications and they just "forget" to answer a few people (very rare). I hope it helped  :D

Tiffanyfinsy

@Nao: You just can write: "Last year in high school" or something. We dutchies have a really weird education system with our different levels in school. We really need to have that kind of education like UK or something!

Anyway, how's everybody doing? It feels like its so quiet here, where is everyone?!?! :cry:
Hiding in Disneyland maybe?
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

luxray

Hey everyone, I've just read through most of the pages & decided to sign up because you all seem awesome! Good luck to everyone currently waiting for their contract! :)

I've just applied for a 'Service et Maintenance' job at Disneyland Paris, really hope I get an interview! Took me so long, especially the cover letter!  :shock: I don't know too much French, the basics, but still learning. :)

Now just a waiting game..

thebritishfrog

Quote from: "rebecca"Sorry to wind up everyone still waiting for their contract (I feel your pain aha, hope it comes in soooon!), but I need advice! I've booked my plane to Charles de Gaulle, and previously I just took the train but I'm gonna have sooo much luggage, I don't know how to get fromt he airport to Fantasia building. Helppppp ! xx

The best way is to head for disney and then from there get the RER train to Val D'europe.
There is a map & further details here
http://www.thebritishfrog.com/forum/top ... 1#post-131

hope it helps
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

thebritishfrog

Quote from: "rebecca"Sorry to wind up everyone still waiting for their contract (I feel your pain aha, hope it comes in soooon!), but I need advice! I've booked my plane to Charles de Gaulle, and previously I just took the train but I'm gonna have sooo much luggage, I don't know how to get fromt he airport to Fantasia building. Helppppp ! xx

The best way is to head for disney and then from there get the RER train to Val D'europe.

hope it helps
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

mackattack

Has anyone who applied for a job in the Service et Maintenance category for the Resort, Sales and Hospitality Representatives recently? I applied for the recruitment session in Ireland. Just wondering if anyone that has applied has heard back yet?

rebecca

Quote from: "thebritishfrog.com"

hope it helps

Thankyou so much! I'll have a look now (: x