Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

Ok Daniel's regular drinking partner...

I never said anything about pestering him. I agree, that is NOT a good idea. However, sending an email with things like updated details about yourself or questions doesn't harm anyone... Why would he forget about someone who shows interest in the job anyway?

Hopefully see you guys soon!

thebritishfrog

I know you didn't ;-) its more just the point of trying to get yourself freshly into his mind... this won't change a thing. Bear in mind he receives a couple of hundred emails a month from people interested in jobs pre-audition stage never mind sorting out post audition contracts. But yes without a doubt, keep him up to date with changes of address or work availability... :-)
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

Flounder042

Thanks for the advice!
This may sound bad/strange but who is Daniel? I've only come into contact with Noellie, through casting and such matters.

Cendrillon

I think Daniel oversees casting for character and parade performers whilst Noellie is more to do with the customer service roles - though someone may want to correct me on that!

So, still no word on summer contracts? Ahh, days just seem to be going by like weeks! I'm such an impatient person!

Flounder042

ahh that would make sense thank you! :)

does anyone know when easter contracts usually start??

rebecca

Quote from: "Flounder042"ahh that would make sense thank you! :)

does anyone know when easter contracts usually start??

Well Easter is at the beginning of April, so around then I suppose? You should be hearing sooooon :D x

Flounder042

I hope so I'm so anxious about it! My university really aren't happy about it and i think they are trying to get me do some thing else if i dont hear soon aaaaaa :( :( i really dont want to give this opportunity up!! :(

I see underneath your caption ' 2 months until i start work at disneyland' are you starting in march/april?? xx

rebecca

Quote from: "Flounder042"I hope so I'm so anxious about it! My university really aren't happy about it and i think they are trying to get me do some thing else if i dont hear soon aaaaaa :( :( i really dont want to give this opportunity up!! :(

I see underneath your caption ' 2 months until i start work at disneyland' are you starting in march/april?? xx

Aw hopefully theyll get it sorted! Have you emailed about your situ? They might make it a priority cause of the uni? Yes march 31st I start, well excited! Xx

Flounder042

Quote from: "rebecca"
Quote from: "Flounder042"I hope so I'm so anxious about it! My university really aren't happy about it and i think they are trying to get me do some thing else if i dont hear soon aaaaaa :( :( i really dont want to give this opportunity up!! :(

Aw hopefully theyll get it sorted! Have you emailed about your situ? They might make it a priority cause of the uni? Yes march 31st I start, well excited! Xx

awsome! how did you manage that? did u go to one of the castings just gone??

mmm I emailed but I think they thought i meant just summer and just said 'for all summer contracts you'll be contacted during april.' I emailed back saying i was available March and April for the easter season, but they didn't reply.
I dont really know what the kind of certainty of  employment is when you're on the waiting list...

I'm going to email them again tomorrow, but i don't want to hassle them too much! :(

rebecca

Quote from: "Flounder042"awsome! how did you manage that? did u go to one of the castings just gone??

mmm I emailed but I think they thought i meant just summer and just said 'for all summer contracts you'll be contacted during april.' I emailed back saying i was available March and April for the easter season, but they didn't reply.
I dont really know what the kind of certainty of  employment is when you're on the waiting list...

I'm going to email them again tomorrow, but i don't want to hassle them too much! :(

did you appply for customer service roles. shops etc? i went to one in october, which one were you at? it might be that they're worknig through a massive wad of people, to send out all the messages at the same time? disney is ssooooo slow at getting back to you! x

Flounder042

Quote from: "rebecca"
Quote from: "Flounder042"awsome! how did you manage that? did u go to one of the castings just gone??

did you appply for customer service roles. shops etc? i went to one in october, which one were you at? it might be that they're worknig through a massive wad of people, to send out all the messages at the same time? disney is ssooooo slow at getting back to you! x

yea I applied for customer service... and way back in june!!! hmm weird... I'm going to email today, I'll keep u posted If i hear anything back!! Do you know where you'll be living? x

Astya

Quote from: "sd1988"Just a general resume with your acting experience, so any stage, film etc. Include your training as well and if you studied drama at all that'll look good too. Bring a head shot with you incase! but when I went, they didnt need them.

That's the problem!  I have no training at all.  I'm a trained musician and teacher.  Lol.  Just a good job they don't see your resume first or I'd have no chance!  I'm trying to work round the logistics of getting a teaching job and auditioning again... just don't want to give up on this just yet!

Astya

rebecca

Quote from: "Flounder042"yea I applied for customer service... and way back in june!!! hmm weird... I'm going to email today, I'll keep u posted If i hear anything back!! Do you know where you'll be living? x

Yes keep us posted! Nooooo don't know til you get there, so will have to wait and see (: x

Cendrillon

So I just got back from DLP and it made me even more eager than ever to be a Cast Member! Flounder, I saw you said they emailed you saying summer contracts should be expected in April? Guess I've got quite a bit more to wait then!

Nao

Hi guys! I am trying to submit a good CV and cover letter to the DLP casting site but I'm having some trouble.. (Did I mention that this is the first time I will ever have to submit a CV and cover letter to an employer? I know it's silly but I'm really nervous..)

So I was hoping someone could answer my questions..

First of all, who do I address the cover letter to? "Dear EURO DISNEY ASSOCIES S.C.A Entertainment Casting Department," sounds...wrong/silly.
Do I have to paste the cover letter, pictures, and CV all in the Resume box? I would assume so since there is no other place for them
Also, aside from my performing experience and training should I put up my "normal" education? I am in the last year of Dutch secondary school (High School? College?) and have NO IDEA how to translate our school system! Also since I technically haven't graduated yet is it fair to put it on there or do I put on "Currently in final year of Dutch secondary school"? It sounds so unprofessional for some reason or is this normal?

Sorry for the wall of questions it's just that I think it's a bit unclear on their website. Also, the experiences of everyone on the forum seem to be with the Talent Castings which are open so I really hope there's someone out there who went through the "online" application process? >__<
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]