Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouseski

p.s the dancing sections music was a very regal, majestic sort of song, that started slowly building up drama, but does end on a bang, not like the animation 'carnival vibe'

goofy90

Hi guys I finally plucked up the courage and sent an email to Daniel saying that I was still very interested in going to Disney and just got my reply saying just be pasient!!!! I just want to get out there

_Natalie_x

Hey guys!!! Everyone who went to the auditon.. commiserations on not getting through THIS TIME but there are so many auditions, and i bet now you all feel 100x more confident and know what you have to do to improve! As long as you're building knowledge, experience and imagination everytime you go, then its not a terrible thing. :) You all had fun though right?! It really is a cool day and you meet some awesome people and live the magic for an hour or so -_- Im looking forward to going again actually :D  
@Jens thank you for that long paragraph it actually reinstalled hope to my brain and puts things into perspective :D i guess you are/have been a CM? :) thanks for sharing your knowledge! :):)

Hope you all are having a fab week... :D:D:D:D <3 xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Tiffanyfinsy

Hi everyone, I'm sorry for my late response, soooo busy with theatre stuff and auditions in Holland right now.
Anyway, I just upload my short video of the dance round, you can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m6VtS5vKnk  (Also made a super new youtube account haha)  :D/

Hope you like it!

@Mouseski: congratulations for passing though all the rounds, make us proud!  :mrgreen:

btw and not really on topic, does anyone knows how to upload your youtube channel in the old version or something?
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Nao

@Tiffanyfinsy Thanks so much! Even though it's short (darn that guy moving in front of you) I can get a basic idea of what kind of dancing. This particular step doesn't look too hard but it looks so smooth when they do it but when I do it...oh dear...
That music sounds familiar but I don't know where I've heard it or where I could find it so I don't think I will be much help in that department..

Still flipping out on what I should put on my resume that I have to submit through the website, has anyone had experience with this (for the entertainment side of things I mean)? Any tips?
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

sd1988

Hi guys I need some advice please. Im on a waiting list of upto 6 months now, but I don't understand if that means I have to be available from now to 6 months on wards? Basically for my start date I put Feb - July...But could I have altered it from July till December say? Or can i only put availability within the 6 months? Also, are you guaranteed a phone call? Or can you be waiting and never hear from them?

Id appreciate any help

sd1988

Quote from: "Astya"
Quote from: "sd1988"You needn't worry about the dance! I cannot dance to save my life, and do you know how I passed? I went with it, with a big smile on my face and really enjoyed it. When we had to show back, I attempted some of the moves but the rest I literally did my own dance. They want to see personality, they don't care if you can dance or not. A few people went out who were pretty good dancers, but because they forgot to smile, they got eliminated. When you dance you tend to focus too much remembering the moves....And that it the catch, they are looking out for those who fall for that trap, and with that you forget to enjoy it. So if you do what I did, enjoy it, prance around doing your own moves not caring about how silly you look they'll see that character in you.

And @Jens, thanks guys, that does really help :)  I did that for the character and got through, just gotta go back and try again!  It's so hard though when you know you don't have a clue what's going on lol.

Oh, and one more question...what did you guys who got through put on your resume?  Did you take a headshot with you?

Just a general resume with your acting experience, so any stage, film etc. Include your training as well and if you studied drama at all that'll look good too. Bring a head shot with you incase! but when I went, they didnt need them.

goofy90

@sd1988 first of all congrats on making it through!!! I'm also on the waiting list and it seems that they will never get in touch but you are on it from 6months of the audition but you can still work I'm England till you get the call or email I think they give u notice!!! Like I say I'm on he waiting listen still not had any news so all rge best n keep us updated!!! :-p

Cendrillon

I'm wondering if anyone's heard about summer contracts yet for the customer service roles? I'm still anxiously checking my email multiple times a day!

Flounder042

Hey
Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.. I had an interview last June.. and was successful and was told i was added to the 'Talent Pool'. I didn't put my start date down until Easter, and am like many others of you fretting because I haven't heard anything. I emailed Noellie who put me in contact with recruitment and they responded saying that I would be contacted from April.. I then replied telling them that I was also available for March.. but had no response.

So hopefully.. if everyone else on the waiting list/talent pool hasn't heard anything this isn't bad news??

Im getting so worried though because It's part of my uni year abroad placement and my uni will go mental at me if they say no last minute!! eekkk
Does anyone know who has previously worked there what the chances of this are??

VAINILLA

hey, I'm gonna go to the audition in Berlin 27th january. Everyone else is going too?
I'm so excited! :))

xxx

Jens

@sd1988 & goofy90: Don't worry, I was on the waiting list for 4 months before I got the call. I know it's hard to be patient, but just try to live your life normally ;) Get a job, have fun... And yes, not to put you down but I have heard that sometimes they never call... Just try to get yourself freshly into Daniel's head by sending him an email once a month or so. That way he will see that you are still interested and excited to join us here! We need motivated people with a good attitude!

I'm guessing they will start calling in march for some contracts to come out in late march/beginning of april, others will follow in may/june and onwards =)

thebritishfrog

If it helps guys, I've done a little post about working for Disney http://www.thebritishfrog.com/forum/topic/63 let me know if you need any help! ;-)
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

goofy90

Hi @jens thank you for your advice hope I get this call for march/April I'm just really excited to get to Paris lol I have emailed Daniel this month and I don't want him to think I'm pestering him lol oh and I've read your blog n that also helped!!! Thank you guys don't know what I would do wothout this forum :-)

thebritishfrog

(Coming from Daniel's regular drinking partner... ;-) )
Don't pester him at all! He doesn't forget anyone. If you haven't heard, it's simply that he has nothing to tell you. You have not been forgotten.
However pestering CAN make you be forgotten ;-)
Good luck everyone!
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!