Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astya

Sounds so exciting!!  Hopefully next time I'll get through.  Just need to find someone to teach me to dance!

goofy90

what day did u go i went on the the 1st day and totally messed up the dance so dont worry about that so much just smile and look like your having the time of your life even when your just watching :-D thats what i did anyway lol

laura:)

Quote from: "goofy90"thank you so much laura!!!! It has really helped :-D
just another quick question, if your a character performer will you be in the parades at all i really want to but i wasnt good enough in the dance audition
thank you so much again your a star!!!

Hey Goofy90, you're welcome!

And no, if you are a character performer only then you are ONLY a character performer and you don't go on the parades (like me) But they do auditions at disney for character performers who want to move up to parade performers once a month (which is what I'm going for in a few weeks). If you are a parade performer then you also have to to character work as well.

Quote from: "Astya"@Laura - Any advice would be ace!  Also...can you answer this - is there any room for negotiation on your days off for important things (like graduation, or a family thing?).  He said no, but I wondered whether that was to stop people asking just cos they felt like it?  Also do you know if 5 ft 7 is a useful height?  Random question I know, I'm just curious to know.  :)

Hey Astya,

erm, all I can say is that you can ask the planning over here about switching days off but it's not guaranteed if that answers your question? And any height is useful really at disney it just all depends on which contracts are available in your height and requirements etc...

Laura:)

goofy90

Oh gutted I really wanna be in the parade!!! Defo gonna be in the audition if I get to Paris lol thank you so much Laura!!!! :-)

Astya

Thanks Laura.  I got really confused about it all as they took some people to try on wigs but not others that then got through with mistakes in the dancing...I kinda thought they had 'shortlisted' the face characters.  I wish I knew more specifically what they looked for!  I really want to go!  :)

they're not necessarily looking for the best dancers because I messed up my dance audition big time and still got through the round. If you are a face character then you have to be put through to the parades.

goofy90

Sorry Laura for all the questions!!! so is being a character good? i mean it sounds like loads of fun but is not being in the parade ok? also the accom... is it ok? and would i need to bring anything or pack anything special? (do you share with another character?) last one and the least important what is the social life like is every1 up for a good time and do parade performers mix with characters

they are my last questions i promise i know it must get annoying

thank you

Nao

@Tiffanyfinsy Yes I am from The Netherlands indeed :)

Guys, can someone please tell me about how applying through the websites for the auditions works? It says there are 2 auditions per month in Paris so if you apply do you just get a list of dates or do you get the earliest one or something? I kind of need to know because it would be great if I could plan things in advance because I don't have a lot of days on which I could go (plus it would make travelling less expensive haha).
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

Tiffanyfinsy

@Nao: YEEEEEEEEEEEY! Happy to meet another dutchie! Weird to talk to you in english, but I guess If we going to talk Dutch here, people would go crazy haha!  :P

I'm missing London, last week I was there, doing (TOO MUCH in a bad way for my feelings) my best to make it though the auditions....I want to do it again!!!! (but then, I want to make it though)
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Quote from: "goofy90"Sorry Laura for all the questions!!! so is being a character good? i mean it sounds like loads of fun but is not being in the parade ok? also the accom... is it ok? and would i need to bring anything or pack anything special? (do you share with another character?) last one and the least important what is the social life like is every1 up for a good time and do parade performers mix with characters

they are my last questions i promise i know it must get annoying

thank you

Hey Goofy90,

Yes being a character is good. People who are on the parades do character work as well and yes everybody mixes with everybody whether they're from character/parades attractions etc.. The accommodation is OK. There are two apartment complexes and one is better than the other. Depending where you are you would be sharing with people and you would be sharing your bedroom with someone else and they're not necessary be from character/parade department but they do work for disney. The social life is great, there are clubs in disney village to go to and a lot of people go into Paris.

hope I've answered everything!

_Natalie_x

Hey guys! Love reading your posts :) goofy I was there on Tuesday I think I saw you!! Do you have ginger hair? I reckon it must have been you the guy I'm thinkin off if ur saying ur super tall haha!

Xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

goofy90

No I was the guy with the denim shirt!!! Who stood at the back a lot so other people could see lol did u get through?

_Natalie_x

No :( and oh we'll I'm confused I must have seen you cuz we were discussing the guys on who they could be as there wernt many haha!! What number were you? Great that you got to the end!! Very jealous. My friend jonny also got thru to the end and got a card, he had dark hair, blue eyes and white tshirt you might have seen him!! X
Here we are... <3[/b]

goofy90

Erm I think I remember him what did he get character or parade performer I was 197 I'm sure when u go again u will get it!!!! Is your friend on the waiting list like me!!

_Natalie_x

I think he got parade but not a face character. :):) are you a dancer?? X
Here we are... <3[/b]