Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebecca

hi guys, i'm pretty sure in the interview it was said that they help you sort out your bank account when you get there, and people have previously said that nobody asked for the french birth certificate, but if a friend can speak it there's no harm in having them translate it!

now i have a cheeky question for you (; did you both have to wait a long long time for a contract, and did you constantly email Noellie? it's been nearly 2 months and no contract )':

HAVE AN AMAZING TIME !

Ashe

Quote from: "rebecca"hi guys, i'm pretty sure in the interview it was said that they help you sort out your bank account when you get there, and people have previously said that nobody asked for the french birth certificate, but if a friend can speak it there's no harm in having them translate it!

now i have a cheeky question for you (; did you both have to wait a long long time for a contract, and did you constantly email Noellie? it's been nearly 2 months and no contract )':

HAVE AN AMAZING TIME !

Nooo, I typed out a big reply and my computer cut out.
Aw, really? That's good! They didn't mention it at my interview but that's good to know! And yeah, I forgot about that! I might just take one just in case but at least it's not a huge deal.

WELL mine's a bit of a long story, really. I got the "we're looking for a role for you over summer" email, I sent an email about a month later to check up on it but stupidly sent it on a holiday so got an "out of office" email and I assume she didn't get it since I never got a reply. 2 months later (2 weeks before the start date I gave) I hadn't heard anything so I sent another email and got a reply saying I could have a position if I could find my own accomodation. I couldn't so I declined and she said she'd contact me later about Halloween and Christmas offers. DIdn't hear anything till September so thought I'd just send a general "when will I find out" email so she wouldn't forget me and got a Halloween contract offer back which I couldn't do so I declined and asked about a Christmas one and she sent me a Christmas offer back.

So basically it took me a good 6 months to get anything. Have you emailed her? I honestly think you're lucky if you get anywhere without emailing her but _Natalie_x was saying she now asks you not to at interviews?

AbiMarsh

Hey everyone!

I wondered if anyone could help me!

I applied to Disneyland Paris in August/September time, I got an email saying that I need to call Disneyland, so I called and spoke to someone and told him when I wanted to work (Summer 2012) etc I then received an email inviting me to an interview in London in January which will be held on the 10th, 11th and 12th and it said I would soon receive another email which would allow me to sign up to a date and a time HOWEVER it is now December and I still haven't received an email, I have rung a few times and they have told me the email will be sent but still nothing I have also tried emailing Noellie Boden last week but I received an out of office reply and have not heard back!

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Or is anyone going to the non-character interviews in January?

rebecca

Ashe, I have emailed her once but i got an automated message. I think I'll email her on the 2 month mark. Oh no you've had a mental time, are you seasonal or permanent?

Abimarsh, they take ageeesssss to send that email, I applied in June and didn't get that email til September. (: Hold tight!

Cendrillon

AbiMarsh, I had the exact same problem - it took them forever to send me that email! Just hold on a bit longer, it will arrive soon enough :)

Disney93

Quote from: "Ashe"That's so comforting someone's in the same position as me. I'm so convinced I've missed something else as well.
I'm a bit worried about getting one once I'm there since I don't know if my french is good enough but I suppose someone in the centre of Paris might speak english. But yeah, I got the impression we could get one whilst we're there.

Are you on the Eurostar on the Friday too? I'm serving breakfast in the hotels. The one given to the people who are crap at french! haha. But it suits me just fine! What about you?

No, I'm flying to Paris and then getting the train from there to Disney. I'm sure your french'll be a lot better than you think once you get there! I'm working in the fast food restaurants, Casey's Corner according to my contract :)

gldc

Quote from: "Ashe"
Quote from: "Disney93"
Quote from: "Ashe"Couple of questions I'd be super grateful if someone could answer!
1. The pack you get sent with the contract says you need a french bank account but I honestly don't know if my french is good enough to do that. It's a shame you can't just use your British bank details but I assume it's a currency conversion thing.
2. There was a lot of discussion before summer about getting your birth certificate translated but can anyone who went tell me how to do this officially? Or if they actually care. I've searched and had no luck. I know a translator who could do it but it's not exactly official.

Anyone else starting their christmas contract next Saturday? I'm getting really nervous! When are you all getting there?

Hello :)

I'm starting next Saturday too and am also confused about these two things. The sheet about bank details implied to me we set it up when we get there, I hope? If not, surely I can set one up whilst I'm there? I've got no idea about the translation, I've made a copy of my English one, there aren't too many sections that can't be translated anyway!

My train gets into Marne-La-Vallee just after 2 so I presume I'll get to the Fantasia Building about half 2. What are you working as over Christmas?

That's so comforting someone's in the same position as me. I'm so convinced I've missed something else as well.
I'm a bit worried about getting one once I'm there since I don't know if my french is good enough but I suppose someone in the centre of Paris might speak english. But yeah, I got the impression we could get one whilst we're there.

Are you on the Eurostar on the Friday too? I'm serving breakfast in the hotels. The one given to the people who are crap at french! haha. But it suits me just fine! What about you?

Hey guys, I'm taking the eurostar this friday and starting on saturday too. I've PM'd/inboxed you asking if you want to meet up :D
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Tiffanyfinsy

Good luck everyone! :)
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

rebecca

Have an amazing time, be sure to keep in touch with us guys!

rockingrappunzel

So, I was all excited about starting at Disney. Just waiting to receive my contract. And now I've been offered another job in france and I'm sooo tempted to take that one instead. My decision is helped by the fact that I've got definite dates for the other job, and I know exactly the role I'm doing. I kinda want to email Noellie, but I need to decide very soon, so think it's too late to wait for a reply : gaahhhh so stuck!

rebecca

Quote from: "rockingrappunzel"So, I was all excited about starting at Disney. Just waiting to receive my contract. And now I've been offered another job in france and I'm sooo tempted to take that one instead. My decision is helped by the fact that I've got definite dates for the other job, and I know exactly the role I'm doing. I kinda want to email Noellie, but I need to decide very soon, so think it's too late to wait for a reply : gaahhhh so stuck!

Aw, what job have you been offered? Definately email Noellie, she should be able to see it from your POV. I'm in the same situation, got offered HR manager at the supermarket I work at, it's such a good offer. When do you need to tell them?

rockingrappunzel

Its an admin job with PGL in france. They said preferably by the end of the week, which is now! lol :P But that if I hadn't made my mind up by then it's not the end of the world. This other job has paid accommodation, food, travel from the UK and uniform. It's a UK contract as opposed to french, and to me is sounding slightly better despite the fact that it's more working hours and less money. Hmmm...

rebecca

That sounds amazing.... but at the end of the day if you're going to regret not doing Disney (my dad always wanted to do a ski season, but took another job and hates himself for it!) then you shouldn't give up (:

howdelightfull

Hi all!

I'm currently reading through the thread--I'm at about page 25!

I'm currently living and studying in Paris, and I'm interested in working through the summer season at Disneyland Paris--should I attend the next audition session in London (Jan 10/11) or wait for them to post the next dates?  I noticed that they mention that the audition is for positions beginning in Jan-March...Also, are there any auditions directly held in Paris to save myself travel expenses?

Also, I'm Asian, and I was wondering if anyone happens to know if its more/less competitive, since the only role I can really fill is Mulan basically...maybeee Pocahontas or Jasmine, if I tanned a little! This would be an absolute dream come true for me! I've had so much fun reading about everyone's experiences!

Thank you sooooooo much! I look forward to talking more with all of you!

_Natalie_x

Hey guys I need help ASAP!!!!! Just had a text today saying DISNEYLAND PARIS - CDD 6-8 mois des fevrier ou 2-4 semaines du 11/02 au 11/03. An then some telephone numbers and times but that's it.. I don't underhand if this is a contract offer or what?! I thought they said they would email, just found the text very surprising and confusing as it doesn't explain much at all. Anyone else in my situation or can give me advice of what to do!!! I think I'll ring tomorrow but don't really knew what to say.. :L xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]