Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astya

@Tiffany - Did you see me?  In jeans and a black top, with 2 left feet?  Hehe.  I think next time I'm also going to put on some make-up, I went with very little on this time but if you're standing next to the rest of your line all wearing stage make-up... Not as much as stage, but some!

I'm going to audition again.  Need to find someone to teach me though!

Tiffanyfinsy

@Astya: Just a blue jeans or black jeans? Maybe I remember you than haha!
A lot of girls had so much make up on, it was almost scary! I had only eyeliner + mascara as always!  :mrgreen:
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

Astya

Me too!  Yeah I have long dark hair and I'm 5ft 7.  Black top with a gold buckle-type thing on the shoulder.  I think I was about the only person in jeans, everyone else was wearing dancer-y stuff!

Nao

I thought that Disney required people to come "natural", as in without Make Up?!

Maybe I got my infos wrong, because I also thought you had to come in dance clothing or like a sweatpants something like that to do the movement and dance and stuff.. Did anyone actually come in sweatpants and a tank? My God, if I find out about that now I'll be happy I mean just imagine the awkwardness of being the only person in sweatpants..

I do hope they do a Talent Casting in The Netherlands soon!! That would be absolutely perfect. (High-five Dutchies!)
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

Tiffanyfinsy

@Astya: Hmmmmm, can't remember you I guess, too bad! I can remember a girl with a black jeans and a black top, but that's not you I guess haha! Maybe you saw me: I was wearing a blue shirt with a Piece sign from Pink (Victoria secret) + grey sweatpants and I'm 1.59 m!

@Nao: I totally agree with you! I saw a lot of girls wearing so (too) much make up, some had a whole make-up box haha!  :roll: And I hope so, I read that there was one upon a time a Disneycasting in Holland, but I really want to know it comes again. Why is the Netherlands not interessed in a lot of acting/dancing/performance stuff? Too bad :(  (Are you Dutch btw?)

There was also a girl who's wearing a little bit slutty black clothes, panty and wearing heels. I think she forgot that it was a DISNEY audition lol!
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

thebritishfrog

A little tip for everyone. (I worked in the parade for over 5 years)
Do not wear excessive makeup-  it is better to wear almost none.
Don't come in jeans (it's a performance roll - when is the last time you saw a parade where people wore jeans?)
Have fun, wear appropriate clothing with your hair tied back.(think of the 'disney' look)
:-)
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

Astya

Thanks for the advice!  :)  Thing is though, lots of the people who got through were wearing heavy stage make-up?  I thought the Disney look would be more clean and natural.  I just think I'll wear enough next time that I don't look entirely featureless at the back of the room.  Lol.

Yeah as I've said I'm not a dancer, so I just picked what I was comfortable in (and could move in) and went for that.  Next time I'll wear something more dance friendly and won't leave my hair band in the car by accident... >.<

goofy90

HELLO every1 this is my first post on here as i went to the audition in London on Tuesday and made it to the end and now im on the waiting list! Im really happy, as you can probs guess, but reading on here and other forums it looks like im not defo going to Paris. just a quick question to people who have been in the same possition as me, did you get the job offer? i got put with the character performers? any help would be AMAZING!!!!

Thank You

laura:)

Quote from: "goofy90"HELLO every1 this is my first post on here as i went to the audition in London on Tuesday and made it to the end and now im on the waiting list! Im really happy, as you can probs guess, but reading on here and other forums it looks like im not defo going to Paris. just a quick question to people who have been in the same possition as me, did you get the job offer? i got put with the character performers? any help would be AMAZING!!!!

Thank You

Hey goofy90!

Well done on getting through the auditions!

I'm a character performer at disneyland paris and I am currently on my second contract here (I auditioned back in July 2010). When I was first waiting for a call I thought that it was never going to come and I waited about 3 months before I finally received that call offering me a contract. So, don't give up hope because you could get the call! You're on the waiting list for 6 months which is plenty of time.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get the call! If you need any other questioned answered, just ask.

Laura:)

goofy90

thank you so much laura!!!! It has really helped :-D
just another quick question, if your a character performer will you be in the parades at all i really want to but i wasnt good enough in the dance audition
thank you so much again your a star!!!

Tiffanyfinsy

Well done Goofy! I hope you get a job soon :)

goofy90

thank you, me 2 i just want to get out there now!!! :-D

Astya

@goofy - well done!!  Did you get taken to try on wigs and stuff or just normal character?  If you don't mind, how tall are you?

@Laura - Any advice would be ace!  Also...can you answer this - is there any room for negotiation on your days off for important things (like graduation, or a family thing?).  He said no, but I wondered whether that was to stop people asking just cos they felt like it?  Also do you know if 5 ft 7 is a useful height?  Random question I know, I'm just curious to know.  :)

goofy90

no i didnt get taken to do any of that kind of wish i had lol just got put in the character section but reading this forum i sound like they do all of that again when you get to Paris obvs i dont know cuz i have never worked for disney b4 but i hope they do lol :-D

goofy90

If you don't mind, how tall are you?

Im 6Ft 2" i was the tallest one at my audition i think lol