Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiffanyfinsy

Nobody goes to the audition @ 22th november London? :(
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

sineadlemonade

I emailed Noellie and she replied saying that it's 'way too early' and there aren't any summer positions yet so i guess if you're waiting for summer 2012 just hang on in there :)

Cendrillon

Yeah, I remember them saying not to expect anything until after New Year at the very earliest! I'm just too impatient... ;)

Nao

Hello everyone :)

I have been reading/stalking this forum for quite some time. I read most of the 82 pages it already has and I felt that it was time to join the conversation :) .
I would absolutely love to work in entertainment at DLRP, I am currently planning to do it as (part of) a gap year (I know, I'm taking a bit of a risk) for after I finish school this year. I'm currently 17 and will be 18 in May so I can't wait until then... Except that in May I've got my finals so it will have to wait longer I guess...

I've got a question though; I read on here that you can audition before you are 18 and they will just make sure to put you out there only after you have turned 18. But, when I look at the DLRP audition website and look at "Create CV" it kind of seems like they will not accept you if you are under 18 (because there's a box, I think, that you must tick to confirm you are over 18). I'm not really sure about this, but it would be wildly convenient for me to audition in say, March, so that I could start in the summer perhaps. But I remember the summer recruitment taking place later..

Second question: does anyone know a good height chart for the characters in DLRP because I have this hunch that the characters in other parks run smaller because I have been comparing heights I found online with the ones I have seen on DLRP's audition site.
I'm really small, I'm only 159 cm, and will probably only grow to be 160 cm. So I guess I'll be befriending mostly fur characters, but does anyone know what characters I could be friends with (fur and face)? If it helps any, I do look like Mulan (my looks are a mixture of Pocahontas, Jasmine, and Mulan according to my mom hahahahaha) and I think the minimum height for her was 158, but I don't think she comes out a lot in the parks ): ..

For the fur characters, does anyone know if the costumes are VERY heavy? I just kind of need an indication because I have heard really mixed stories from "SUPERHEAVY" to reading a blog and the person didn't seem to have any problems with it, to someone who only had problems with a few characters.. I just want to know so that I can train myself accordingly (at the moment I am REALLY weak, you see haha).

I'm sorry for the wall of text, dears. I'm excited to meet all of you :)
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

fifi

:cheshire_bounce:  I should be going to the one on 22nd in London, does anyone know if they have stopped doing them in Leeds, all the others were there as well as London then the one time I actually can go its only in London  #-o
P.s I can't dance to save my life  :lol:
Must ReTurn to DisneyLand in HollyWood

Tiffanyfinsy

Yessssssss, I just arrived at my hotel in London! Lovely hotel and near by the oxford street..
Tomorrow audition @ Disney, I. Can't. Wait!!   :D/
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

rebecca

good luck! let us know how it goes (: xx

Tiffanyfinsy

Thanks and ofcourse, I will!  :D xxx

Cendrillon

I hope it went well for you!

Astya

@Tiffanyfinsy, did you go on the 22nd?  I went today, got through the animation but royally stuffed up the dance :(  I'm not a dancer - I need to learn some stuff if I want to reaudition I think!  How did you get on???

Nao

@Tiffanyfinsy Hope it went well for you!

@Astya Aww that's too bad ): was the dance really though/hard to follow? Are they still doing the princess/villain/cowboy/dwarf thing for animation? I'm sure you did great in animation :)
Why do all my dreams extend, just around the riverbend?// DREAMERS UNITE! ?
[size=85]ICON CREDIT[/size]

rebecca

Guys it's been over a month since I got the email.... beginning to think they don't want me )':

Astya

@Nao - The thing I found was I was fine with the start.  They split it into sections and I could do the first 2 fine, but I got to the point where I couldn't remember the start and there were some dancing steps I didn't know so I was trying to work out how to do bits and missing other stuff.  It's like, I could have picked it up and done it, but they go through it fast and I really couldn't get it in the time.  I'd say 2/3 of people had a good go at it/got it all, there were about 6 or 7 people (myself included) who obviously struggled, and the rest got most of it.  I have no dance experience at all, except folk stuff.  I am a musician so I have a good sense of rhythm, but it was pretty much all new to me.  Not everyone who really struggled got cut though, there was a guy there who did a totally different thing...he looked like he could dance but had forgotten the routine, but they looked at his face, made him smile, and put him through.  His animation performance was brilliant so I think that helped.  I think as long as you can have a decent bash at it and you smile and are enthusiastic, you could be picked if other things fit (looks, height, etc.)

Yeah, they're still doing the same animation routine.  I hope I did well - I'm going to try and work on my dancing and audition again!  I was so shocked to get through that first bit I had to recheck what number I was wearing lol, it's kinda made me want it more because I feel like maybe I could get through after all, I expected to get cut right away!

Tiffanyfinsy

I didn't make it through the next round! I struggle a little bit at the animation round, I did (for my own feelings too much, just want to be orginal), but didn't make it. I wanted to dance so badly, so I asked them why the people who didn't make it to the first round, don't have a chance to dance, too bad: everybody need to do animation, so everybody who wants to work there, need to finish the first round. I was a little disappointed (because I did maybe too much for my own feelings), but it's okay! I have watched the dance round, I think it was a little bit hard for people who don't dance at all/beginners, but it's a fun dance!

@Astya: And I seriously need to laugh when I saw that boy dancing, he can't dance at all, but his face expressions where amazing + he's great at animation...

I think its bad that the people who make it to the animation round, but didn't make it to the dance round, also send away... I though they still can do the animation, too bad: you need to make it to all the rounds! I don't know, maybe I was too short? (Im 1.59, brown skin color, I went for Pocahontas and Tiara I guess)

However, I still liked the day! Met a mexican girl at the auditions (did make it at the animation round but not the dance round) and walked with her in London all day! Have seen the London eye, London bridge and more! So I was still happy (Always smilling) :)

Tiffanyfinsy

I think I'm going to audition again (in february I guess, just be more ME then! But maybe If they are holding auditions in Holland, then I'm going to audition here!