Chaparral Theater

Started by switch15foot, August 30, 2014, 03:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

switch15foot

Does anything play at the Chaparral Theater ... going in October

msRavenswood

There's been nothing going on there for a long time!  :(

gemma2806

I think it's a real shame! The last time I saw anything there was in August 2008 when Tarzan was on.

I also saw Mickey's Winter Wonderland in December 2004 and loved that!

DLP haven't used the Chapparal Theatre for about 4 years if not longer. I think this is the only thing really missing from DLPs entertainment programme. They need to bring back all the shows for the different seasons!  :D

msRavenswood

DLP is in desperate need of new shows! Plus the area around the Chapparal Theatre is going to waste, which is a big shame!

samuelvictor

We went during the 2012 Welsh festival and there were some performances in the Chapperal Theatre, we went and watched one with some really good Welsh Voice Choirs and some children who'd won something at the Eisteddfod. The show lasted about an hour, and I think there was other stuff there the day before and after (the Welsh Festival runs 3 days). The theatre seating area was about 3/4 full and several filming crews were there, at least 2 of which were official DLRP ones. It was nice to see the area being used and the acoustics were surprisingly great. I assume they use the area every year for the shows, but I've only been during the 2012 season. All other times I've been to DLRP (not during the festival) I've not seen anything happening there and it feels pretty unused. :'(

RockNRoller

Seen Tarzan and Mickeys Winter Wonderland and loved them both. It was always lovely to use the show as a break from all the walking.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Sulley's Arms

We last saw both the Tarzan and Mickey's Wonderland shows in 2012.  Agree with previous comments, you enjoy the shows and you also appreciate the ability to sit down for 3/4 hour.  We always venture around to the Corral to check if anything might be showing, but this is unfortunately yet another of those poor decisions that the management have made in recent years to not utilise such an asset.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

PrincessA

I actually haven't been to the Chapperal theatre in a long time, not since Mickeys Winter Wonderland 2004. I would love it if they had more shows going on, but the management just aren't doing it.
I miss the Lion King show from Cafe Hyperion the most, though

jimtrim

Yes, it seems the King will never return.  :'(
What is the solution to DLP theatres!!?

... drawing by day, dreaming by night, Disney fan all the time!:)
http://www.jimtrim.co.uk/

msRavenswood

Good news guys! According to InsideDLParis, who is a reputable source, we will hear of a new show in approximately two weeks!

jimtrim

...oo goodie!!  :o
I presume that's news of a new show, and not a new show itself! ;D
.... can you put up the article link msRavenswood :)

msRavenswood

Quote from: jimtrim on September 01, 2014, 05:03:11 PM
...oo goodie!!  :o
I presume that's news of a new show, and not a new show itself! ;D
.... can you put up the article link msRavenswood :)

http://dedicatedtodlp.com/2014/09/01/disneyland-paris-rumour-new-show-coming-chaparral-theatre/

jimtrim

... exciting...who knows maybe something even in time for halloween, but that's doubtful...

RockNRoller

Quote from: msRavenswood on September 01, 2014, 04:49:43 PM
Good news guys! According to InsideDLParis, who is a reputable source, we will hear of a new show in approximately two weeks!
Well colour me suitably intrigued. But what could they put in that theatre?????
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

DisneyManiac

Ah yes! But do note InsideDLParisdid say it is not a Halloween or Frozen Show.