Chaparral Theater

Started by switch15foot, August 30, 2014, 03:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 09, 2014, 03:59:55 PM
Because it's more popular than just about anything else Disney at the moment? :)
That's the only reason they'd need I imagine.

That is true like, it is the only Disney thing you hear about right now  ;D

loulou169

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 09, 2014, 03:59:55 PM
Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on September 09, 2014, 03:57:30 PM
Why Frozen?  ???

Because it's more popular than just about anything else Disney at the moment? :)
That's the only reason they'd need I imagine.

It definitly makes sense. It's been a pretty popular film compared to others. They know it'll draw the crowds in.
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

jimtrim

Just about to say that DisneyRon:), but yes I also say .... WHY FROZEN! It doesn't really fit in this location, but they've chosen it because it's popular (with a big fat P) and kids will undoubtedly looovve it.... maybe not if Paris gets a cold Winter! Still, whether it's good or not all depends on what format the show really takes. Hopefully it won't disappoint....
(It might be a bit weird, or possible annoying if we hear Let it Go periodically playing from the theatre throughout the day should you pass by that area ... :) - it wouldn't be loud enough for this to happen, but still  ::)
It would be a good comedy standoff/ show if OLAF, MARSHMALLOW and KRISTOFF were the main act (oh, and Duke of Wes?..ling-?.... whatever it is!

... drawing by day, dreaming by night, Disney fan all the time!:)
http://www.jimtrim.co.uk/

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: jimtrim on September 09, 2014, 04:14:29 PM
(It might be a bit weird, or possible annoying if we hear Let it Go periodically playing from the theatre throughout the day should you pass by that area ... :) - it wouldn't be loud enough for this to happen, but still  ::)

LET IT GOOOOOOO

RockNRoller

Quote from: jimtrim on September 09, 2014, 04:14:29 PM
]maybe not if Paris gets a cold Winter![/i] Still, whether it's good or not all depends on what format the show really takes.
I would have thought a cold Paris winter would suit a Frozen show and add to it even ;D
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

jimtrim

True, true and it's under cover 8)

Andybear

I think Frozen would be a good one to have during the Christmas season as it's all about snow, ice etc.  OK DLP might not have lots of snow and ice but I think Frozen fits in with the winter theme.

A&S&O

Is the Frozen singalong in Videopolis a test for what is coming to the Chaparel Theatre?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

jimtrim

Here's a video, if like me you had no idea about this... just read on disboards it might not come till next summer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTWmcSSyQKU

I'm making no comment ... ???

DisneyRon

Thema's soms heavy construction work going in. They were doing groundwork with a crane this morning

Esti

I went to the sing along at Videopolis and it was better than I thought (I thought it was gonna totally suck). I don't like Frozen and I don't sing, so I'm not even their target audience. I think they should have sessions AT LEAST in English at French, like they do with Stitch. The hosts were very engaging, very funny, and they made it very entertaining. I could see people stopping by with their kids, specially considering half of the girls are wearing Elsa or Anna costumes.
Also, they asked us to fill in some questionnaires, which I think was a great idea. They asked what we liked, disliked, how many of us were, how many sang, how many kids, of what ages, where we lived... All the right questions.

The Chaparral Theater's area is pretty dead, and I don't think this could do any harm, yet it could attract guests to the area. It's better than not having anything at all.

DisneyGagaChick

I really wish they brought Tarzan back  :(

DisneyfanGermany

I like this Sing along show idea: Both, the man and the woman were great (okay, the man sang a bit louder so i heard more from him - he's got a very clear voice)
It has to be a great feeling when the whole audience is singing Let it go / liberée delivrée (i felt so when i watched the video). And i think they managed the language problem with enliglisch and french good - seperated shows woud be even better (i would go to both - i wouldn't sing solo, but with the audience  ;D)

Of course would a great show be better: But this is actually a good beginning for the future of this theatre (Chaparral or videopolis). There are no higher costs such as costumes (okay, we could do this with characteres) and it might be very easy to cancel this show, if Frozen MIGHT become less popular...MIGHT...

So, even if there are a few little things they can make better, well done Disneyland Paris, that is a good step into the right direction. Can't wait for the result!
Disneyland Paris: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Jan.), 2014 (March), 2014 (July), 2014 (Oct.), 2015 (Jan.)
Walt Disney World: 2004
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2014 (April)

future visits: Walt Disney World (July 2015)

Instagram: marc_leder
Instagram: disneyland_paris_photos

other theme park visits: Universal Singapore, Movie Park Germany, Legoland Germany, Fort Fun, and many others!

andrewuk

Looks like the Frozen show is definitely going to happen as they're holding auditions soon:

July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: andrewuk on December 27, 2014, 06:50:37 PM
Looks like the Frozen show is definitely going to happen as they're holding auditions soon:

Is it going to be a sing-along?