Swing Into Spring (2014)

Started by dazzle_v2003, February 06, 2014, 08:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

First two pieces of concept art are finally (and officially) here, along with confirmed dates - 5th April to 22nd June - and lots more details:

DLRP Today — Disneyland Paris swings into late Spring Festival promotion - concepts, details, dates!

moonloo

Ahhhhhh we leave on the 4th! I hope they put stuff out early so we get a sneaky peak!

SVioletS

Sooo beautiful! So Happy to be going! :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Alexz

Looks good! Me and my girlfriend will problably visit in late april. It's nice to read stuff like this then!
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

dazzle_v2003

Pictures are coming out showing some of the decorations as they are being put in to the park. It all looks great especially the topiarys on Central Plaza. Some of the music for the Spring Promenade is from the Spring Festival if I remember correctly from Tokyo Disneyland.

The full breakdown from the festival is below courtesy of InsideDLParis on Twitter. It all sounds brilliant. Wish I was going. The two new shows especially Spring Promenade sounds really good and exciting. So many performers and characters!

When entering Disneyland Park, Guests will be treated to freshly planted flowers ([/size]over a million each year) together with brand new decorations, fun Disney Character experiences and all painted together with the Magic of Live Music![/size]
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pluto and Goofy will be decorating the Park, starting with Main Street U.S.A. Station where they will star on beautiful portaits dressed in their Spring finest.
Town Square will be the place to enjoy Mary Poppins inspired topiaries, a beautifully decorated Springtime gazebo and Duffy's Spring Garden infront of 'the Boardinghouse' near Liberty Arcade.
Minnie Mouse will not be joining Duffy this season but will meet her fans in Frontierland, near Cowboy Cookout Barbecue, instead.

As by magic, beautiful topiaries will appear on Central Plaza representing characters from the 101 Dalmations, The Lion King, the Aristocats and Bambi.
Small princesses will be happy to know that Rapunzel, from Walt Disney's Tangled, will be meeting and greeting them near Casey's Corner infront of a gigantic golden heart of the season.

Main Street Victorian Residents will invite Guests to sing and dance a long in "Welcome to Spring"
An uplifting new happening on and around the Town Square Gazebo upto 6 times a day. (Saturdays-Wednesdays only)
After they welcomed you to another beautiful day on Main Street U.S.A. you might even get the chance to meet some of them for a quick chat or picture.

The main event of Spring this year will be "Disney's Spring Promenade" (Wednesdays-Sundays)
Twelve minutes full of fun and excitement like never seen before on Central Plaza and the Royal Castle Stage.
Upto 5 times a day, more than 90 dancers and almost 30 Disney Characters will get out and celebrate the warmer weather!
Part of the Characters will be Mickey and his friends dressed up in their newest Spring costumes, incl. Clarabelle that made her debut last Halloween at Disneyland Paris.
Your best friends from Wonderland, the Hundred Acre Wood, Woody and Jessie from Toy Story, Stitch and Pinocchio join in together with Mary Poppins and Bert to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney's Classic: Mary Poppins!

[/size]The main theme of the show is inspired by 'Spring Fever' from Tokyo Disney Sea's 'Spring Carnival' and will be reinforced by the Jolly Holiday Band and the Swing into Spring Orchestra that will also play your favourite songs from Walt Disney's Mary Poppins.

grovesie

Hi, I have just had some pics through on face book of the first topiaries( If thats spelt correctly)That have been delivered and planted. They're in the flower beds by the bandstand. If I can fathom out how to attach pics I will post

laylanmummyluvdisney

We arrive in 22nd and were planning on doing first day in studios
But after the announcement of spring festival
We will be in the main park
Also were considering ph or rfc for evening meal but may see if they can squeeze us in to inventions
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

SGregory27

The InsideDLParis facebook page has been posting some great picture. I'm off on Monday and leaving on Friday, the day of the soft opening, weather looks great. Can't wait

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

SVioletS

When you come back, please come and tell us all about it! ;)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

filipv

Any news On times for The soft openings ?

Aurora1

Pics on facebook look great! I wish I could be there!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: filipv on March 28, 2014, 01:46:35 PM
Soft Openings never have times in advance.
That's why they are soft openings.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

SGregory27

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 29, 2014, 02:52:47 PM
Quote from: filipv on March 28, 2014, 01:46:35 PM
Soft Openings never have times in advance.
That's why they are soft openings.

I hope the Rapunzel meet n greet is on during the soft opening, if we don't meet her at the Pavilion.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: SGregory27 on March 29, 2014, 04:28:27 PM
I hope the Rapunzel meet n greet is on during the soft opening, if we don't meet her at the Pavilion.

She probably will.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''