Swing Into Spring (2014)

Started by dazzle_v2003, February 06, 2014, 08:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazzle_v2003

I hope I am ok creating a new topic ready for the details slowly emerging about the upcoming Spring Festival. I couldn't see one already created.

News about the cavalcade has been emerged courtesy of @DisneylandBerry on twitter. They have written

"For the Spring Festival's show, the train has lost one wagon but he will be accompanied by three modified cars of the Disney's Stars'n'Cars"

Also just revealing that there will be the usual characters plus some uncommon ones. Which uncommon characters would people like to see in the cavalcade? I'm looking forward to seeing the new look train. Glad it's back.

aquacat2

Other than a cavalcade do we have any other details on the festival?
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

dazzle_v2003

Not really. Everything is very hush hush. I expect we will get a few more details emerging over the coming weeks especially after the Annual shareholder meeting which is happening very soon.

There are rumours there will be decorations on Main Street Station and around the castle.

SGregory27

Found this on Mice chat.

"This year, the Disneyland Park will host The Flowers Festival. Directly inspired by Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, this festival will begin on the 3rd of April until the beginning of the Summer Season in July. "

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-paris/189942-flowers-festival-easter-2014-a.html

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

dazzle_v2003

I hope the decorations are better then when they previously did the festival. haha

I'm really looking forward to seeing the cavcalade I have to admit especially the soundtrack used for it and the costumes etc.

It's good they are generating another season to add to the seasons already taking place throughout the year.

captain rocket

I agree with dazzle. But why,oh why do they announce this with only a couple of months notice? They don't seem to realise that many of us, especially here in the UK, make our travel plans months in advance and we deserve more notice than this!
To be honest, it smacks of extreme amauteurism on behalf of Disney and a lack of knowledge of their customers!

dazzle_v2003

I agree with Captain Rocket I don't understand why they haven't announced this yet for visitors who come from a far to book to come and see a brand new festival at the park.

Instead we get fed little bits of information from the fan sites on twitter and get teased that way but no official word. This works to get everybody talking and excited but it doesn't get people booking their tickets as they don't know when or if it will be happening. This has all been in the planning for months we all knew it was going to happen 2 months ago now so a shout out to Disney tell us so we can come and visit while the festival is on. The bottom line is they are losing out on potential visitors.

captain rocket

Exactly!
These events are supposed to attract visitors, but how can this happen if they keep it secret? I really thought that DLRP were getting their act together regarding communication but this just proves that they are not! For goodness sake they are supposed to be professional and this event will obviously cost a lot of money to put on and they are missing out on potential visitors.
Maybe the French always book visits late and this is the market the court the most?

dazzle_v2003

Maybe they are hoping people will book last minute after seeing what the festival is like once it has started. It is running for about 3 months or so. Or they are holding all their eggs in Ratatouille's opening but even then we can't book for that ride specifically as we don't know the opening day.

Anyway moving on I am looking forward to this festival to see what it is like. Just wish we knew more about it.

Last point on this topic of communication I hope if anybody from Disneyland Paris read this forum and see these posts please take note and improve for the future.

What would everyone else like to see as part of this festival?

SGregory27

I would love to see the festival, as I'm there 31/3 - 4/4.

2016-Cheyenne
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

dazzle_v2003

You may just be in luck as I think it is due to run from April to June with i guess soft openings late March. This is all from the top of my head so I may be wrong.

SGregory27

That's what we are hoping as the 2 grandmother's are coming too, one of which has never been.  I just hope it won't get to mad with last minute bookings and make it too busy.

2016-Cheyenne
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

dazzle_v2003

To be honest I don't think it will affect attendance now announcing it late and last minute bookings. I suspect a lot of people will just go next year if it looks good. I am imagining this will be a yearly thing. As long as you aren't there during Easter Holidays it isn't that busy at all. Hope you have a good time!

SGregory27

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on February 10, 2014, 03:54:27 AM
As long as you aren't there during Easter Holidays it isn't that busy at all. Hope you have a good time!

I'm being naughty and taking 5yr out of school the week before school holidays start.  :o

2016-Cheyenne
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

loulou169

Quote from: SGregory27 on February 10, 2014, 11:12:47 AM
Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on February 10, 2014, 03:54:27 AM
As long as you aren't there during Easter Holidays it isn't that busy at all. Hope you have a good time!

I'm being naughty and taking 5yr out of school the week before school holidays start.  :o

Me too!! We are going 31sr march to 3 April and then they go back to school for 1 day!! My girls are taking their spellings and maths though so they can still do their Friday test!! I've did this twice before as well! I know it's frowned upon but I work hard, am a single parent and just can't afford the extra money to go in the school term, it's ridiculous and so overpriced.
I'm hoping we're gonna see the flowers festival before we go home but I have a funny feeling the festival will start the day after we leave!! Lol
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018