20th | Disney's 20th Anniversary Celebration Train

Started by Festival Disney, January 14, 2012, 06:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teacup

I love this! The last few trains have had aweful music, and this already sounds much better. Lil sis would definately dance to this.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

littlemermaid83

I think this music is a huge improvement on the awful remixes we have had in the past. I love it.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

15MagicalYears

I was pretty sceptical at first but I must admit it's very catchy and I'm glad we have a pack of original songs for the 20th and not recycled music from other resorts.

Epcot_Boy

Perhaps a few more listens :?  Hopefully it will grow on me but not quite there for me at the moment :(

David

gldc

I quite liked the previous one but I think it may be the only one...this one has started to catch on though.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

littlemermaid83

I prefer this song to Magic Everywhere.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Columbiad

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I prefer this song to Magic Everywhere.

Same! This is so much better than "Magic Everywhere!" So much more classic sounding.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Columbiad"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I prefer this song to Magic Everywhere.

Same! This is so much better than "Magic Everywhere!" So much more classic sounding.

Exactly! I wish they had used this for the Parade instead.

Magic Everywhere (and I do like the song) just sounds quite clashy and loud compared to this.

dlrpkris

This track really is a 'grower'. Taken a few days listening to it on the way to work to let me enjoy it, but I guess it will be on repeat as the train pases several times a day, so it's ideal. Nice lyrics to start the day with too. Magic Everywhere is way more celebrational and tells you about everything you've done during your day, but this teases you with what you could encounter.

No idea how to explain this in musical-speak, but I like how at several points the rhythm does resemble that of a train beating down the track. Only slightly, but nice :) Best character train theme yet, although I didn't say that a few days ago!
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Martin B

I don't think Mickey will appear on the train as earlier suggested.

He isn't in the visual and he isn't mentioned on the official DLRP 20th website. They mention Minnie and some of the others.. Here is the official synopsis..

Throughout the day, the festive Birthday Train will be pulling in to Disneyland® Park's Central Plaza. It's bringing the all-time Disney favourites like Minnie, Chip and Dale, Donald, Daisy and Pluto to Sleeping Beauty Castle, where they'll take their places to meet with their fans and friends!

Martin  :thumbs:
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Anthony

Quote from: "Martin  B"He isn't in the visual and he isn't mentioned on the official DLRP 20th website.
I'd be far more inclined to believe Cast Member whispers than either of those!

Glstitch

I agree with Anthony , the visuals aslo don't mention Clarice. But I also don't think Mickey will be on the train , he will soon have is own (day-long) meet'n'greet , there are rumours that he would go to Woody's Roundup or get a tent. So the chances are small that he will be on the train.

Martin B

Can you imagine Disney spending all that money on the meet and greet area only to send him out in to the park umpteen times per day on the celebration train. They need the meet and greet area to increase guest holding capacity. Therefore meeting Mickey should only happen in one specific area of the park.
Then they also have the problem that guests will have just met Mickey in the meet and great at fantasy stage and then the same guests will see him on the celebration train minutes later.
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Martin B

Then again he could appear on the train until the Meet and Greet is complete and then hop off it when it is completed.

dreamdisney

New picture of the train !

Source: Le Figaro