20th | Disney's 20th Anniversary Celebration Train

Started by Festival Disney, January 14, 2012, 06:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Given they still exist in California, Florida, Tokyo and Hong Kong, I have hopes of a return.....
since 2001 (many before that)

peter

Unfortunately though, the difference is that Paris can't really afford to have them.

davewasbaloo

Hence my annoyance at spending money on TSPL, a stage that lasts less than 5 years, rubber heads everywhere instead of real entertainment. But then I know I am in the minority.
since 2001 (many before that)

DutchBrit

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Hence my annoyance at spending money on TSPL, a stage that lasts less than 5 years, rubber heads everywhere instead of real entertainment. But then I know I am in the minority.

"Wayne, it's never going to happen, live in the now!"

I'm not sure that Europeans would really call barber-shop quartets "Entertainment" with a capital E. Twee and a bit creepy may be nearer the mark. Like vocal Morris dancing. Which is probably why they go down well in the far east, who let it not be forgotten are the reason that Duffy is being forced down our old-world throats.

ed-uk

And what language would it be in?  French barber shop quartets I suppose.
Ed & David

Anthony

Ideal situation for the train would be for it to run from Small World down to Castle Stage, stop for character meetings there, then turn back past the Bureau Passeport Annuel and out again, completely avoiding Main Street.

However, I suspect the reason they run it down Main Street is that it "sucks" people up as it goes along, pulling them back up to Central Plaza. And as with plonking the stage in the middle of the park, I suspect Entertainment might be under pressure to ensure every guest sees something "new" each year, that every guest feels the park is "fresh".

If they hid the train over in Fantasyland, fewer people would see it and the surveys would suggest people feeling the park becoming stale. Same reason for the many horrible seasonal incarnations of Main Street Station, I guess. Shove it in your face and make sure you see something "fresh", never mind if the quality is questionable.

Because of the lack of money for genuine new attractions, there's some overly-self concious desperation within DLP (you see it most in the brochures) to pretend that the park is "BRAND NEW" each year. Hence the NEW Generation Festival. This was probably at its worst with the Magical Moments Festival, when they came up with a hopeless list of no less than fifteen moments, each more useless than the last, watering down the year into something entirely unremarkable. Luckily they seem to have somewhat learnt a lesson with the 20th in resting all bets on Dreams. I'd like to say that people don't want fluff, they want genuine new attractions and well-maintained classic attractions, but I'm not sure that's true of the wider public.

dazzle_v2003

Some news has been posted on twitter about the celebration train from a current cast member at DLP. In relation to the look of the train, they say:

QuoteLittle spoiler; not only will the new Characters Express be rainbow coloured, it'll be sparkly and glittery as well!

They also say who will be featured on the train
QuoteAnd guess who'll be featured everyday on the new Train... Mickey, 7 VIP characters and as a newbie; Clarice! All in sorcerers costume.

It's the first time Mickey will be featured on the train and Clarice I think is a nice surprise. I wonder who the other 7 VIP characters will be. I am guessing the fab 5 will be featured which means there are two character spaces left. Any suggestions?
No mention though if Tous en Train will be coming back or if there will be brand new music to accompany its journey down Main Street U.S.A.

JelleP

Just a quick question...
Who is Clarice? :')
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Columbiad

Clarice the Chipmuck :) Chip and Dale vied for her affections.

dazzle_v2003

Disneyland Paris must be reading this forum because they have released details in regards to characters and music being used for the train. Tous en Train will not be making a comeback. InsideDLParis confirms new music which is called
Quote'Believe in Magic' and is written by Scott Erickson. He already did the music for serveral shows at Tokyo Disney!
He also did if I remember correctly for DLP, Mickey's Magical Party for that respective theme year.

They also confirm the characters that will feature on the train.
QuoteThe 20th Anniversary Train will feature Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Goofy, Chip, Dale and Clarice in their 20th Ann. costumes!
I am guessing their costumes will be the sorcerer's outfits as seen on the promo picture and mentioned in a castmember's tweet.

dagobert

I wonder what does it need to stop that train from returning.

By the way I like the idea of the train only traveling between it's a small world to Cantral Plaza and back.

JelleP

@Columbiad: Ah, thanks! ;-)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Disney-Me

I am very excited about Clarice being in the 20th Anniversary Celebration Train!!! I can't wait to see her in the new 20th Anniversary overdressing :)
Follow me on Twitter! All Disney related issues that I am aware about and experience myself will be posted online on Twitter regularly and personally by "DisneyMoi", who also happens to be Disney-Me, who is "ME". //https://twitter.com/#!/DisneyMoi.

Enjoy some of my experiences with the Disney characters around the world on Flickr! //http://www.flickr.com/photos/59201102@N06/

littlemermaid83

I love Clarice but it is pretty random that she is going to be on the train.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

The theme song: "Do You Believe" by Scott Erickson and Valerie Vigoda:

[youtube:3h2m2xk7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky1AsD2rN98[/youtube:3h2m2xk7]