20th | Disney's 20th Anniversary Celebration Train

Started by Festival Disney, January 14, 2012, 06:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Mickey is not going to be on the train, it would defeat the object of his new meet and greet. Plus he has never been on the train before.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

littlemermaid83

The Celebration Train is out for a soft run today.  

Photo: DisneylandParis Fans

The colour scheme looks like a bunch of kids threw up rainbows and glitter and sunshine on it.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dagobert

That's one ugly thing. Until now this is the worst version of the character train. Who is responsible for this?

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "dagobert"That's one ugly thing. Until now this is the worst version of the character train. Who is responsible for this?

Someone high on LSD or some sort of drug I think.

The only good thing I can think about this is that it matches the colour scheme of my daughters sunglasses lol.

dagobert

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"The only good thing I can think about this is that it matches the colour scheme of my daughters sunglasses lol.

At least you could find something positive about it  :D .

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"The only good thing I can think about this is that it matches the colour scheme of my daughters sunglasses lol.

At least you could find something positive about it  :D .

:P

15MagicalYears

How garish! It would have been 10x better if they'd have went along with the same colour scheme as Main Street Celebrates - Gold & White.

Glstitch

A rainbow has trow up on him , poor train ...

DGRavenswood

Apart from the garish color scheme inflicted on it this year, something that has always bothered me about the various versions is that the front is still visibly a face with eyes, nose and hat that looks like it was blinded. Couldn't they just keep it as the representation of Casey Junior it's always been and simply add some sensible decoration (little flags, bunting, signs, whatever) on top of that?
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Columbiad

The only way this hideous rainbow decor could be saved is if it was covered in the same LEDs as the station. The matt rainbow finish looks atrocious.

JelleP

I really hope this won't be the final version! It's awful! And he has no eyes, which is kind of scary...

(From @InsideDLParis)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

captain rocket

I like it, its bright and colourful and will look brilliant on a cold and grey rainy day! For those who don't like it, it will only appear three or four times a day for the next year! Then it will be repainted in another colour scheme for everyone to moan about!

Josh

That really is the worst one! Why can't they change it back to Casey Jr?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Robert97

Source: Disneyland Paris - Fans

Columbiad

I admire the concept, but in execution I think it looks poor. The colour look matte, and flat, and even the twenties on the side are a pale shadow of the one at the park entrance.

I agree it'll look great on a grey day - but even still, its more garish than magic.