Mickey's Magical Celebration (2011)

Started by Festival Disney, January 11, 2011, 09:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyBud

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Meph"... It's a nice costume, but I prefer the mask, personally. :)
Hmm, I prefer the face character I have to admit. It is well done and the Genie mask (like Buzz) just doesn't look right to me somehow:

Source: Disney Character Central

dagobert

I prefere the mask, too, but in the Aladdin Musical at DCA, the Genie is also a face character and doesn't use a mask.

davewasbaloo

It was not a good show either. The kids kept asking me what was going on. And it was so crowded. It added to the feeling of wasting time. It did mean the other nights the queues were shorter though, same with the parade time. We skipped it this year every time, and it meant we got more done.
since 2001 (many before that)

hawian rollercoaster

Do the characters do meet and greets behind the stage as happened with showtime spectacular. My daughter very keen to meet fantasia mickey and the fairy godmother.

stevenlatham01

It says in the programme listing that this is on everyday at 19:00 but how can that be when the park closes at 19:00 in the weekdays now? Does this only run at the weekends?

norhel

Quote from: "stevenlatham01"It says in the programme listing that this is on everyday at 19:00 but how can that be when the park closes at 19:00 in the weekdays now? Does this only run at the weekends?

Even though the park closes at 19:00 the show is going on. It means all the other lands close and when the show is finished, people leaves the park. You know, even though the park close at 19:00 as far as I know, it means that 19:00 is the last time to stand in the queue (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) for the attractions.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "norhel"
Quote from: "stevenlatham01"It says in the programme listing that this is on everyday at 19:00 but how can that be when the park closes at 19:00 in the weekdays now? Does this only run at the weekends?

Even though the park closes at 19:00 the show is going on. It means all the other lands close and when the show is finished, people leaves the park. You know, even though the park close at 19:00 as far as I know, it means that 19:00 is the last time to stand in the queue (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) for the attractions.

Your right 7pm is when the line to attractions close etc.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

antkid123

I found a vedio on youtube on friday 19 august the show stop halwaf thought can you tell why and what happen

Scissorsboi

Do you have a link to that video? It's help to see what it was.

I'd guess though that it'd be a technical error, the main lift in the stage not rising or something going out of sync with the rest of the show which meant that they halted the remainder of the show until sorted so that guests didn't see a below standard show.

(Not that the show has a particularly high standard anyway...)
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Poppy The Monkey

alternativerock123

I just saw the video over on another forum, and it looks odd, like he just falls through the floor. I understand it is opening for the Princesses to rise up - but I thought he was walking and then fell through.

Any who, I hope the cast is okay.  :thumbs:

(The Fairy-god-mother's and Merlin's reaction looks 100% genuinely shocked for a split second. But still nice to know they all kept calm)
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

antkid123

where the other vedio

Scissorsboi

It looks like the lift he's on drops, I think there's one around that area and I'd assume it'd have a fast reset on it to lower back to ground level for each use. He goes down too straight for him to have been walking and moving forwards, as he most likely would have lost balance and fallen forward at the same time.

I don't think it's that bad, it's probably on par with the many 'Mickey falling during Fantasmic' videos on there in severity?

The show is still running isn't it?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

davewasbaloo

Well, while Disney put this show on, look at some of the other shows in other parks that debutted this year:

7:

[youtube:3c9kejqv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5wZFBeP6MA[/youtube:3c9kejqv]

Ravelijn Efteling

[youtube:3c9kejqv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-qY08pNps4[/youtube:3c9kejqv]

Imperio Show at the Hotel Colloseo - Europa Park

[youtube:3c9kejqv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0kRhOc_UDI[/youtube:3c9kejqv]

I really hope we get something more special for the 20th. As it is, Efteling will have their own World of Color type show next year.
since 2001 (many before that)