Mickey's Magical Celebration (2011)

Started by Festival Disney, January 11, 2011, 09:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

Charecter central has revealed some information about the new MMF show!
QuoteThe new Castle/Hub show will feature the Genie as a face character, a first for Disneyland Paris. In fact the only place Genie has ever been seen as a face character is the current Aladdin show over at California Adventure. Mickey will have two new outfits for the show. We have also heard from a separate source that there is a chance that the Three Good Fairies may feature in it, but that is really uncertain at this stage.

Source: Charecter Central
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Scissorsboi

That's interesting! I guess from that it means that he'll be a live voiced character like Dr Facilier was over Halloween? It's always nice when they use unusual/underused characters in the Hub shows!

I'm guessing one of Mickey's costumes will be his Sorcerers one (hopefully with pyro fingers!), possibly Mickey & Genie casting spells to create Magical Moments for the guests?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

peterpanfan1953

Just a small update to this... we have heard that the three good fairies will NOT be in this show sadly.  The main "magical" characters will be Sorcerer Mickey, Genie, the Fairy Godmother, and Merlin.  The show will also feature just about every prince and princess.
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

15MagicalYears

I'm hoping this show has atleast a basic storyline and not just the characters having a "party".

littlemermaid83

First full video is up

[youtube:2pg1rao6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2RLagqYaCQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:2pg1rao6]

I personally am not a fan, I loved showtime spectacular and this is to me is below par on many levels.  Its nice seeing the Princesses but apart from that its long winded and boring.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

aliscrapper

I totally agree but thanks for posting the You Tube link!

15MagicalYears

I also agree, also there is very little english in the show - hard to follow. So the storyline is that Mickey wants to be a magician so he calls on the Genie, Merlin and the Fairy godmother who change him into sorceror Mickey. Then for the finnally he waves his wand and the Princesses appear? Dissapointed.

davewasbaloo

OMG - dull, staging to where the only view is from the front, and I was hoping for at least the Fantasmic firework fingers, but no joy. What a wasted opportunity. Oh well, at least it is only once a day, and therefore not wasting a huge amount of money.

Hmmmmm, I had some hopes after the terrible hub shows over the years and then a good show that was on for 2010/11, I was hoping this would be an improvement. I was also hoping with a magic theme, we would have had at least some villain action.

This is shaping up to be a very lame celebration.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Agreed, lots of French. What happened to the DLP policy where it was supposed to be 50/50. Have you noticed how often English is given to the characters that are already hard to understand (Donald) or where they mainly use made up words?

I know it is in France, and that just about the majority of visitors are French, but the 50/50 policy used to work so much better (remembering that it is not just for English guests benefits, but other European countries where people may know more English than French too.

The dancing is nice to a degree, and it is great that there are some pyro, but yes, entertainment has taken a further dip. Thank goodness Tarzan at least is returning for a bit.

Question, will the attractions be running while this show is on?
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Thanks for the video!

That show is a huge disappointment and waste of money. I don't like it at all. It's better to use the time for attractions.

15MagicalYears

You would think that since there would be only one showing a day they would pull out all the stops, there was so much potential aswell.

Also, while we're on the subject of language - would it not be possible to have different showtimes? One completely in french and another in english? I think that would be a much better approach.

ulak

Little empty, but magical ;)
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Festival Disney

Already decided that I'm not going to bother with this. The pyro's are nice but the plot is weak and since my French is awful, I hardly understand it!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Elwell2009

Just watched it and my thoughts are very lacking in english in my opinion, nice to see the face genie thats a change.
The pyro is good makes a change from what they have been using the last few years, few nice mines being used.
The music they are using for the princesses entrance is the music from candelebration christmas version entrance i think can anyone confirm its a very mixed up soundtrack
in all opinion i would just like to see a slight bit more english.
 :D

Festival Disney

I've had a thought about the whole different language thing, and I've decided that they have no idea what they're doing. Mickey should always speak English because he is quintessentially an American creation. The genie can speak french in my oppinion because it should be in a genie's power to be bilingual. The fairy godmother is actually from France so heaven knows why she's the only one speaking English, and Merlin should speak English because he's, well, English. Then you'd have a fair 50/50 show where we'd all be happy!
Just my two cents on the whole thing.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day