Mickey's Magical Celebration (2011)

Started by Festival Disney, January 11, 2011, 09:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Well, while Disney put this show on, look at some of the other shows in other parks that debutted this year:
I really hope we get something more special for the 20th. As it is, Efteling will have their own World of Color type show next year.

I couldn't agree more, Dave! It's really a shame. Disneyland Paris used to feature amazingly high quality shows! The last ones they created (many years ago) "The Tarzan Encounter" and "The Legend of the Lion King" were easily the best shows any Disney Park had to offer, imho only rivalled by the "Disney's Aladdin" show in California. But now they only create these cheap "dance" thingies (which don't deserve to be called shows) and to imagine they even had to build a (cheap and ugly) stage for them, right in the middle of Central Plaza, obstructing the view of the Castle for all over Main Street and destroying the whole atmosphere of Central Plaza! And they did that although there are now FOUR (!) beautifully designed and professionally equipped stages in Disneyland Park, most of which haven't seen any real show for a very long time. Imho it is a very sad situation. I'm not sure what the real reason behind this situation is, but somehow I have a feeling it has to do with money (of course) and the complex French rules in regards of the rights of artists and actors (if they perform longer then X minutes they have to be paid more, if they do something special like dance they have to be paid more etc.). But that is just a hunch. Anyway, it is a very sad situation.

At least they were smart enough to bring back Tarzan this year!  :?

davewasbaloo

It is cost related, no doubt. The reason the parade choreography is so simple in Paris compared to Anaheim or Tokyo is in France, they do have to pay performers more for more difficult routines. Like I say, I hope we see some improvements for the 20th and this was a way of saving money towards it.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"It is cost related, no doubt. The reason the parade choreography is so simple in Paris compared to Anaheim or Tokyo is in France, they do have to pay performers more for more difficult routines. Like I say, I hope we see some improvements for the 20th and this was a way of saving money towards it.

You shouldn't get your hopes too high, but I also hope that those cheap shows over the last years were just for saving money for something big and better for the 20th birthday. I think I read it hear or maybe on another board, but someone talked to an Imagineer on a Disney cruise about the ugly stage on Central Plaza and it seemed that even WDI is embarrassed by that stage.

ed-uk

it should be noted that the Tarzan Encounter is back on this summer and it's still very good, we saw it twice.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

That is a very fair point, Tarzan is excellent and I am glad it was back for the summer. However i would very much like to see some new and excellent entertainment for the 20th.
since 2001 (many before that)

ed-uk

I would like to see some new and excellent entertainment for the the 20th, too.
Ed & David

mikads

hmmmm..... Mickey mouse, genie, lots of princes and princesses, sorry but im going against the general feeling, i love it! didnt watch it all because im going and if its still on i dont want to have seen it online, will completely ruin the suprise!
Its in french yes............... but u no what the park is IN FRANCE, so as far as im concerned i think DLP do a fantastic job with there english as it is! Well done DLP  yet again!!  ;)

Josh

Quote from: "mikads"Its in french yes............... but u no what the park is IN FRANCE, so as far as im concerned i think DLP do a fantastic job with there english as it is! Well done DLP  yet again!!  ;)
I see your point, but the park is meant to appeal to the whole of Europe. Usually about 25% of DLP's visitors are British, and even more will have English as a second language. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Elaine

Quote from: "jennis"That must be very exciting! What a pity!  I have missed it. :(

unless you are not going to DLP until after March 2012, you haven't missed it - its this year's festival at DLP.

Elaine

littlemermaid83

The show will finish in January as they are taking down the hub stage then to get ready for the 20th anniversary.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

peter

Can't wait for that!!!