Mickey's Magical Celebration (2011)

Started by Festival Disney, January 11, 2011, 09:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawian rollercoaster

That is good news so disappointing compared to showtime spectacular.

davewasbaloo

Hmmmm, I wonder if that is because of the feedback from guests there and the on-line community?
since 2001 (many before that)

Poppy The Monkey

there will be a few tiny changes in choreography... but no major changes.

The Genie will not speak live!! That was the final version!! There will be no more English!!

I can only suggest you avoid the show, take french lessons, or use your common sence; the show isn't that complicated!!

Mickey want to be a magican, he finds the lamp, genie arrives with 3 wishes, he wishes for a costume, he later wishes for a wand, then his last wish he uses his wand to make all the princesses appear to "share the magic" with everyone!! the end...

davewasbaloo

Poppy, I do speak French. Sadly my wife and my children do not, several of my German and Spanish friends do not either. The policy was there for a reason, this demonstrates a change from policy (also the Inventions Hawaiian Buffet labels were wrong too, labling lamb as chicken - but accurate in French; and curry as being a lime and garlic dish). So this is not the only linguistic issue.

Also, the show is not great. I suspect you may be one of the performers in it as your post sounded very defensive. well this is not about the performers, this is about the direction and writing. Choices made.

Personally I would rather not have the stage on the hub anyway, while most of the other theatre venues rot away.  But at least last year's show was halfway decent and universal. This one, not so much so at all.

Personally I am not a fan of character shows just to see the characters awayway. Tarzan and Lion King Were different, as was Mulan. They are in a whole different league than this one.

I thought the first hub show a few years ago was poor, but it was still better than this one. I may change my mind seeing this live in a couple of weeks, as we all know that video does not often do live productions a justice, but it will still not change the fact that the linguistic choices could exclude 48% of DLP's guests (or less, the 48% being non French, not all of them with speak English either, but a great many will).
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

Again a show that match the expectation of a normal 5 year old guest. And again something that disapoint me.
Ok good basic: Mickey wants to be a magican. But then it all end up in "LET THE PRINCESSES ON STAGE - THE GUESTS WANT TO SEE THEM". That´s something we seems to have in every single show. I don´t get it. Is there somewhere in the story department a mad head that only can make the points MICKEY MOUSE - PRINCESSES (and sometimes VILLAINS) and put them together with a bad sentences like "Let them share the magic".

It´s not the badest show I ever saw in my life. It just match the expectations. The sad point is: It doesn´t make more. I want to be surprised by disney. A "match the expectations" feeling isn´t very "Disneyland" for me. It´s a B ticket. Maybe a C.

Then with the lack of people on stage I really really really don´t get why this show is presented on octopus stage on central plaza? Rip that thing off. This kind of little shows are perfect for the castle stage. Oh wait a moment...wasn´t the entertainment department the people who wanted the castle stage without benches? Maybe they should use their brains more to make better shows and entertainment then destroy the parks with BIG stages on central plaza or NO benches at the castle stage.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

15MagicalYears

We're not saying that the show is hard to follow or complicated, it's just that the story is awful and the stage is at most points in the show empty-looking.

littlemermaid83

I also think its pretty harsh to say we should learn French, I know basic French but my 5 year old doesn't. When I watched this with her she kept asking me what was happening, she didn't even have a clue what was going on or what was said. It would be nice if another character did speak English, might make the story a little easier to follow.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

mdw

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I also think its pretty harsh to say we should learn French, I know basic French but my 5 year old doesn't. When I watched this with her she kept asking me what was happening, she didn't even have a clue what was going on or what was said. It would be nice if another character did speak English, might make the story a little easier to follow.

completely agree. Someone wrote its made for a 5 year old. I dont think a non french speaking child under 10 is going to concentrate for the whole show. They wont understand whats happening and ask loooads of questions.

Poppy The Monkey

Well I think you should all please write in to DLP and demand more English!

I'll praise the day and I'll throw a huge party when we hear a new recording of Mickey in English on a show here in Paris -  (Fingers crossed for the 20th.)  70% of the cast on this show are english, and most of them don't even know whats going on! :roll:

However, I am happier to have a french mickey, speaking just French. Unlike the early days on shows like c'est magique and music and the magic when Mickey spoke english with the most horrendous French accent! Things have certainly improved on that front.

As a final note, in the orignal script merlin was in english, unfortunaly the voice of Merlin in the US took ill and was unavailable to record the track in time, they are going to keep the French track now though, its not temporary!

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "mdw"completely agree. Someone wrote its made for a 5 year old. I dont think a non french speaking child under 10 is going to concentrate for the whole show. They wont understand whats happening and ask loooads of questions.

My invisable dog could of wrote a better version of this for a 5 year old lol.

Bring back Showtime spectacular or Party Time with Mickey?  :P
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Josh

I still say that this should have been a proper magic show. If you combined that with the song and dance, that would have been a show that would really wow the audience! :D
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Riebi

It should  ;)  Like so often if we talk about big shows on central plaza it should or could. They could let make every magican a special trick. They could bring dlp guest on stage asking there magical wish: "I want to meet the princesses" explain a little girl and KAZOOOW the princesses are around her. Smiling faces everywhere. They could make a show.They could have let appear sorcerer mickey at the upper tower balcony of the castle at the end of the show keeping up his firework fingers. It could be big and wonderful.

But again with no ideas in mind and little budget we ask the entertainment department this year only louder: Why have you this big stage on central plaza? A place that would more magical without this stage most of the time...wait a minute...that should be the biggest trick of the show: Let the stage disappear.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Josh

Quote from: "Riebi"wait a minute...that should be the biggest trick of the show: Let the stage disappear.
Ha ha ha! I like that one! :lol: But I can understand why they would need that stage for the fireworks. Other than that, the other stage would be a lot better for this (although it's quite difficult to have a show there without any seats :P ).
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Disneyland Paris Treasures

On Wednesday they practised the new show and I managed (had to run because they walk so fast!) to get a very nice Close-Up shot of the new Genie face character:

:D

Josh

He he! Paparazzi. XD That's was a good shot, considering you were in a rush.

It's a nice costume, but I prefer the mask, personally. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]