Mickey's Magical Celebration (2011)

Started by Festival Disney, January 11, 2011, 09:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

It would have been brilliant if they had made it a magic show! I'm sure there are loads of big and elaborate tricks that they could have done, even with the constraints that they have.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

luke85

I don't know what the characters were actually trying to do...? Disappointed the show isn't as bi-lingual as the Showtime Spectacular, lots of guests aren't going to have a clue what's going on.

mdw

very disappointed in 90% of it in french. My 2 and 4 year wont have a clue whats going. They will love the princesses though. Could of done some of he princesses songs. Would of preferred it to have stayed NGF hub show, atleast the girls could of had a little dance.           :(

aliscrapper

Quote from: "Festival Disney"I've had a thought about the whole different language thing, and I've decided that they have no idea what they're doing. Mickey should always speak English because he is quintessentially an American creation. The genie can speak french in my oppinion because it should be in a genie's power to be bilingual. The fairy godmother is actually from France so heaven knows why she's the only one speaking English, and Merlin should speak English because he's, well, English. Then you'd have a fair 50/50 show where we'd all be happy!
Just my two cents on the whole thing.

Couldn't agree more! :thumbs:

15MagicalYears

I agree about the magic show point, the scene with Merlin pulling things out his bag was a wasted oppertunity - they didn't really use that to it's full potential.

alternativerock123

To me, the show felt like an over-dramatised attempt to introduce Rapunzel and Flynn to the princess group.

They should have let each couple come to the front and do a small 30 sec to 1 min dance and romantics scene, that would have been better... therefore more music. Like with the NGF show, they amount of songs that you could dance and sing with.

But Yeah I agree with the lack of English is disappointing. The show is also somewhat disappointing too, especially since its only going to be shown once a day. =/

Oh well, but I thought they would have made a more "song and dance about it" because of the Princess Meet and Greet isn't happening till 2012. (Possibly)
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Scissorsboi

The show concept is nice, I like the teaching Mickey magic aspect, but I wish he'd speak English again. I'm getting really fed up of going to the park to watch a show I don't understand!

Genie is a wasted opportunity also, why go for the face character version of him and then use a soundtrack? Let him ad-lib his lines occasionally to keep it humourous and relevant, Facilier did it at Halloween! I don't understand why they didn't just use the character they've been using for years?

Nice to see some sound excerpts of Wishes in there though!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

MrsPirate

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"You would think that since there would be only one showing a day they would pull out all the stops, there was so much potential aswell.

Also, while we're on the subject of language - would it not be possible to have different showtimes? One completely in french and another in english? I think that would be a much better approach.

What an excellent idea - two shows, one in French the other in English.

They have wasted an opportunity for a great show and it is certainly not the quality expected of a hub show, but as a piece of 'fluff' I quite liked it.  :oops:

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

aliscrapper

That would be great to have one show in French and another in English - they used to do that for the Lion King Show years' back.  We saw the show in front of the castle on our last trip September 2010 and it was so much better.  The only thing I did think was good was the princesses but shame they were only in the last 5 minutes out of a 16 minute show!

JoefromSingapore

I have to say (based purely on the video) this was one of the least impressive LARGE Disney Shows I have seen. Shame really. I agree I think there is a big problem with the % of English and French.
That weird host on Dedicated to Disneyland Paris PODCAST!

Dimi

Totally agree with You guys.
I was so excited about this show - couldnt wait to see it in 3 weeks... and now when i sow what they  made... at first i was like: eeee maybe its some preshow... not full show - cos the festival starts on 6th.... - but obviously this is it.... and its not really entertaining - at least for me. Last year the show was great - extremely colourful - and thats what we were expecting this year ... and what do we get? Before the princesses show on the stage its boring... seriously boring ( and yes i also dont understand french so except godmother i didnt have a clue what was going on) ... disappointed :( thought it will be pure magic...

davewasbaloo

Well I do understand French, and it is still very boring. But then if you concentrate on toons, it will be.
since 2001 (many before that)

benjylovesu2

Hey all, i just found this video on youtube and thought that this would have been a much better show to have on this year instead of the quite boring show they are planning on doing, yes it may need a few changes like the last song with jack and sally could be where the princesses come out, get rid of the fireworks but keep the pyros and it is a really good show, If they really want the genie in there you could also fit him in. This show uses the 50/50 english to french thing people have spoken about and i much prefer it. Let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsYW2Aq6 ... detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoYxIOVE ... er&list=UL

sorry put them on the wrong way round, bottom one is first.

love
ben xxxxx
Where dreams really do come true

Dimi

Actually i was watching this video like 2 weeks ago and was getting so excited cos i thought mickeys magical celebration will look similar to this one :)
Its a very nice show :)

Festival Disney

Just read on the character central forum that the show seen in the videos might not be the final version. According to the rumour there may be more english and the genie may speak off the recorded soundtrack! Good news in my opinion.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day